Wednesday, September 2, 2015Partly Cloudy 20°C
Sports & Play

The top 10 driving schools in Toronto

Posted by Rick McGinnis / March 30, 2014

driving school torontoThe top driving schools in Toronto are struggling for students in an age when the first thing a boy wants for his sixteenth birthday is less likely to be the keys to the family car. What was once a rite of passage completed before prom is now postponed until after college or even to the day when buses and subways are no longer the best way to get a week's shopping for a family.

The size and professionalism of driving schools vary, from slick operations with logos and matching shirts on their instructors and branches all over the city or even the province, to fly-by-night rackets run out of a rented desk in a strip mall with a single wheezy Accord.

There are a lot of driving schools in Toronto, but this list was narrowed down by rejecting the ones not registered with the Ministry of Transportation. Most offer the provincially-approved Beginner Driver Education program, and all offer at the very least the minimum of twenty hours of classroom work and ten hours each of homework and in-car instruction.

You can, of course, pay the minimum in registration and test fees and get your brother-in-law to teach you the rules of the road in his lowered Golf with the catback exhaust. What you will do is pay more insurance when you get your license, and might never get anyone to tell you how to control a skid or drive like an adult, so for your sake and everyone else who shares a road with you, it's worth looking into any of these driving schools.

Young Drivers of Canada
This national driving school has six locations in Toronto as well as other branches in Pickering, Richmond Hill, Newmarket and Mississauga, so they're no fly-by-night outfit. Packages can get expensive, ranging from $265.48 for two 90-minute in-car sessions to nearly $1500 for a deluxe package that includes driving on gravel. They've even trademarked their Collisionfree!(TM) program, and insist that, despite their name, they're as suitable to an anxious middle-aged non-driver as they are for cocky 16-year-olds who dream of smoky burnouts.

AMB Driving School
With locations in Toronto and all over the 905, AMB is a classic driving school geared for young drivers who want to get on the road ASAP. They offer a 4-day course tailored for students with free days to get the twenty hours of classroom study out of the way fast, in addition to special courses for stick shift driving and for mature and senior drivers who need to brush up on their road skills.

Brisa Driving School
Located at Jane in Weston, this driving school teaches lessons in Spanish and English and boasts a quaint website that screams 1997 internet. The full driving course involves 25 hours of in-class learning as opposed to the usual 20, and fourteen 45-minute in-car sessions with an instructor, for around $450.

Golan Driving School
This interestingly-named driving school, based in Downsview, specializes in evening classroom sessions, so it's perfect for young adults past the "Dad, can I borrow the car?" stage. The full course is a very affordable $499 with MTO certificate. They'll rent you a vehicle for your road test with a prep lesson for $99, and offer individual hour long lessons for $45.

All Nations Driving School
With five locations in Etobicoke, Vaughan, Mississauga and Woodbridge, this school has the far west side of the city well covered. A range of packages from $99 for two lessons and a road test to the deluxe $590 option which includes fifteen hours of in-car instruction and use of a car for your road test.

All Star Driving School
All Star Driving School offers 2 locations in Etobicoke and Mississauga. In business since 1987, they specialize in teaching collision-free, defensive driving techniques through the mandatory 20 hours in the classroom and 10 hours of in car lessons. Call 416.742.6679 for rates.

Winston's Driving Academy
Based out on the Danforth by Woodbine, they advertise that they "Specialize in Nervous and Stressful Drivers," which means they're happy to take on everybody's least favorite new drivers - the delayed, middle-aged types who've taken transit for too long, and drivers road-shy after accidents. Two packages are offered, the more expensive of which ($410) includes loan of a vehicle for the road test.

CAA
The Canadian Automotive Association has 38 approved driving schools across Ontario, including one in Mississauga and All City Driving School on Jane Street in Mount Dennis. CAA provides their curriculum in addition to their guarantee of compliance with MTO regulations that will allow early driving tests.

Canadian Tire Driving School
The Toronto location of the hardware chain's driving academy is in Leslieville, which might be all some east end driving hopefuls need to know. More good news is that it offers a range of programs, from a deluxe beginning driver's course for $948 to packages for seniors and new Canadians, individual driving lessons and loan of a car for your road test.

Learn Safe Driving Academy
Considering how many teen drivers have spent days, if not weeks, driving in video games before they ever get behind the wheel of a real car, this east end driving school's advertised use of a driving simulator as part of their classes is rather slick. They offer a full course and three mini programs for the budget conscious, drivers re-testing, or that small minority whose parents were able to teach them road basics without tears or shouting.

BONUS

Drive Maxx
This Downsview driving school boasts of a high first-time pass rate for their students, which is a brave boast to make when, depending on location, failure rates in Ontario range from a third to a half. Three tiers of packages range from $375 for the MTO minimum of classroom and in-car time to $700 for twenty hours of in-car instruction and the road test.

Shaun de Jager Driver Development
This one man driving school is based around de Jager, a performance driving instructor whose school teaches everything from tactical and track driving to driving on snow and country roads, and rehabilitation for drivers recovering from accidents and surgery.

What did I miss? Add your favourite driving school to the comments below.

Photo by Ashton Pal in the blogTO Flickr pool

Karen / March 30, 2014 at 12:30 pm
When I googled Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving, they showed up on a list of schools that has their MTO approval revoked.

Dr. Kukko / March 30, 2014 at 01:58 pm
I recommend the Rob Ford School of Drunk Driving on Disco Road.
Allotha Faginah / March 30, 2014 at 02:47 pm
Who a need a driving school? You a pay cousin Vinny, he oganize with a driving test a person, you pass. Badda bing badda bang. Eh oh oh eh, you no a like your teacher, no a problem Uncle Tony he a know a someone who kow a someone. Your teacher he a go missing. Problem Gone. Badda bing badda bang.
Nadia / March 30, 2014 at 03:08 pm
I recently completed my G2, and I realized that you didnt put on the list Triumph defensive driving. I have to say that It was a great school. I havent tried other schools, but to sit on a saturday from 9-1 and not to be falling asleep it had to be interesting. I learned a lot. and I passed my g2 first try.!!!!

Highly recommended and fairly priced!!!!!!
LA / March 30, 2014 at 04:16 pm
This list is very helpful. I have told myself that I am DEFINITELY going to finally get my G2 before I turn 40. I'm 35 now. I went to Guide on Dundas West (near Ossington) and it was horrible. Horrible instructor, strange vibes, made my fear of driving even worse. I will try Young Driver's (wish there was a school called "Old Drivers" for people like me!) and see how that goes. I hate driving lessons. A lot.
Ph McKee / March 30, 2014 at 07:57 pm
A formula 1 Driving School was amazing ! I passed both my G 2 and G the very first time!
Jeff and Masood were truly amazing. Not only do they treat you like family, they give you the skills to drive & survive collision free. I've not had one incident of driving I couldn't handle and it's been worry free driving for 12 years now. And I saved 51% on car insurance! I'm going to call them now in Maple to learn to drive manual to rent a car across Europe!
Ph Mckee
Darryl / March 30, 2014 at 08:00 pm
anyone know of a good driving school to learn standard? (and before anyone says ask a friend, no one seems to want to damage their clutch).
Symthe / March 30, 2014 at 08:05 pm
Yup A Formula 1 in Maple are the real deal. They cost a little more but are honest punctual and extremely professional. I was stresses and phobic about driving and Jeff is truly an expert. I went for a few lessons for my highway test with Masood and passed saving hundreds of dollars on insurance and retest fees. Check them out if you're serious about learning to drive. Formula 1 rules!
Patty Smythe
C.Troy / March 31, 2014 at 12:15 am
Darryl- Young Drivers does standard but they only have one instructor for it in Toronto cause demand isn't that high.
DO NOT GO TO CANADIAN TIRE!
These people took my money then cancelled my course and would not refund my money and said that I would take it at "another time" .
I did end up getting my money (short of showing up with a tire iron) and went to Young Drivers. It is expensive as hell but worth it.
chemical_echo / March 31, 2014 at 06:06 am
Went to All Nations for in car lessons to get back into driving after giving up driving due to an instructor at another school putting me down so bad I swore I'd never drive again.
Instructor helped me get over my anxiety, built up my confidence, and helped me pass my test on my first try.
Money well spent.
Shane Bond Lary / March 31, 2014 at 11:21 am
I am from Ireland, came to Canada in 2012. I found Learn Safe Driving Academy is affordable and friendly. Passed G in first shot.
Brent / March 31, 2014 at 10:57 pm
I went through Young Drivers back in '94 and have no complaints.

I would take Peter's off this list for the incessant flyers taped to TTC shelters. It was an epidemic a couple of years back.
Steve / April 1, 2014 at 09:48 am
Golan is great. Very nice people, skilled instructors, flexible, good pricing.
Rob Ford / April 1, 2014 at 09:02 pm
If you wait until after October, I'll teach how to drive....drunk driving techniques included!
Nicole / April 2, 2014 at 10:33 am
I went to Alex's driving school. He was excellent. Really great teacher and made me feel comfortable behind the wheel. Used to be an examiner, but decided to start his own school awhile back. Lessons take place north of the city at Finch station, but it's totally worth the commute.
416-500-6571
Teen Drivers / April 3, 2014 at 07:20 am
I live in Downtown got full G licence from Learn Safe Driving Academy while ago, I recommend this school value for money. Www.drivingschoolintoronto.com
Ayaz Tutla / April 4, 2014 at 05:42 pm
Have you heard of Todays Driver Driving School? They are at Danforth and Pape. All members of my Family and relatives learned from them and passed in the first go.
mman / April 5, 2014 at 02:02 pm
don't use Peter Drivers on Sheppard, the instructor buys his lunch on your time, eats his lunch and talks on the phone while you are driving. my daughter learned nothing from this man. his wife taught the in class lessons and she was so boring and basically read from the book to the class. waste of money.
Julie / May 6, 2014 at 04:04 pm
I booked the Canadian Tire course a month in advance for four weeks of tuesday and thursday night in-class sessions. They called me the morning of my first scheduled lesson to tell me the whole course had been cancelled due to low enrollment. Really disappointing - I had planned it well in advance, and then planned a month's worth of scheduling around the class. Next offered class wasn't for two more months. They take full course payment when you register and I was unimpressed with already letting them have my $1071 (taxes in) for a month. I wasn't about to let them hang onto it for another two months, so I asked for, and received, a refund. Disappointing customer service and back to the drawing board for me.
Vik The Truth / May 15, 2014 at 02:36 pm
DO NOT go to Peter's Driving Academy and AMB Driving school, they both had their licenses revoked and are useless places. I went to Peter's like 5 years ago and it was shitty, luckily I known to drive 90% good already and didn't need to depend on their "teachings". After researching online now I see their revocation and numerous news articles on sexual harassment and bad service from them lol. Please do your research before picking schools. BlogTO should be ashamed to post this list, did they even do 1 hours worth of research before compiling this?
Kathleen / May 16, 2014 at 11:43 am
there are couple of good school in your list but the rest of i totally disagree i don't know what parameters you use to created this list as other user mentioned about Peter's Driving Academy they are in MTO's Revoked driving school list and MTO closed 5 of their locations but in your list its on Top amazing , well i can share my personal Learning Experience i went to Globe Driving Academy Best Rates Amazing Service check their Reviews if you have question you will find my name there too :) i love the in class and in car session instructors are very educated, good thing i like in them they care about their students i passed my Test in First Go My friend recommended me to Globe Driving Academy she got it in first try as well i will highly Recommend to all ages Globe Driving Academy is very Good school, well any school you go make sure you check their Reputation very easy google the driving school name and you will find it ;) Good luck
Robert. replying to a comment from Julie / May 18, 2014 at 02:58 pm
there are other good and affordable driving schools, try it
Kathleen replying to a comment from Julie / May 19, 2014 at 10:26 pm
hi Julie Try "Globe Driving Academy" its half the price you paid to Canadian Tire and very good driving school, you gonna love in class and in car sessions very flexible they have classes every Sat and Sunday and evening tuesday every week Good luck
Kathleen replying to a comment from Julie / May 19, 2014 at 10:28 pm
forgot to post their number julie , Globe Driving Academy , www.globedriving.ca , 647-351-8225
Ayaz / May 21, 2014 at 05:44 pm
This blog is not based on facts. I believe the writer hasnt done much research on this topic. I dont see Today's Driver on this list. You guys should try Today's Driver Driving School. My wife , My Sister and some of my Cousins have taken courses with them and passed our G2 and G on our first try in Toronto. Check them out, www.todaysdriver.ca 416-888-2318
rick / May 23, 2014 at 11:27 pm
does anyone know if a driving school in toronto that doesn't have indians?
James Paul / May 28, 2014 at 09:58 pm
http://www.drivingschoolintoronto.com try this driving school. My son he just signed up he just got licence from Learn Safe.
Shame MTO replying to a comment from rick / May 31, 2014 at 11:04 pm
Hi, Rick in Ontario so many industries are running by Immigrants Driving schools are one of them , unfortunately its very low wage job only immigrants are willing to work , 7 days a week 12 to 14 hour sitting in car, No Lunch break, No Compensation for Commuting From One student to second, No Family Life , after paying their Car insurance , Gas bill and repair n maintenance avg Instructor makes $10 an hour pretty much works 250 to 300 hours a Month, any white dude would like to work this dream job most welcome , and its all fault of your Canadian govt under them bunch of brainless people who Running MTO they don't even know how to run their home and they are running whole transportation Ministry, its Sad that you have only Indian , Pakistani ,asians in this industry and the way its running you will find very few Canadians working in it.
Lim y replying to a comment from rick / May 31, 2014 at 11:07 pm
Rick Try Globe Driving Academy i pass my test in first try here is web wwwglobedriving.ca
647-351-8225
Anne / June 2, 2014 at 11:31 pm
Great thread. I'm looking for an affordable and good instructor for in-car lessons. I didn't have a good experience with my previous instructor so I'll check some of these recommendations.
Hane / June 5, 2014 at 04:58 pm
Good discussion. My two cents - do not recommend Globe Driving Academy. The instructor was consistently late, rude, and strangely hostile towards Canada. Made for very awkward lessons.
Hane / June 5, 2014 at 04:59 pm
Also, it would be great if Globe Driving Academy could stop spamming this comments section. Thanks.
Samarah replying to a comment from Hane / June 6, 2014 at 11:25 am
I also went to Globe Driving Academy. I chose the school based on their reviews and affordable prices. The facility is clean and the staff member explained everything to me from scratch. I registered for BDE course, the class was good, in class teacher knows how to keep us going, and the material learned was very practical. Hane, I agree with you that the in car instructor I had was strange but I called the school and they switched my instructor within few hours. They have couple of instructors not just one so it was no issue to for them to switch. The instructor was extremely knowledgable and made driving like breathing. I also passed on my first try and that was at Downsview, which is considered a very difficult test centre. Overall, I am very happy with Globe Driving Academy, and would recommend it. If there are any issues take it to the office and they will take care of it right away.
--------------------------------------------
GLOBE DRIVING ACADEMY
(St.Clair & Dufferin in downtown Toronto)
www.globedriving.ca
647-351-8224
Nico replying to a comment from Hane / June 8, 2014 at 10:41 am
Hane i went to Globe driving Academy along with 5 other friends i found them amazing i pass my test in first try at Etobicoke Test Centre, if you had issue with 1 instructor you should have ask for different, in class and in car instructor were amazing, 4 of us passed our road test in first try, i highly Recommend Globe driving Academy , www.globedriving.ca
Dan / June 9, 2014 at 05:07 pm
I wonder how http://www.sprintdriving.com/ is not on this list? One of the best driving schools in the city!
Hellen Tyler / June 10, 2014 at 12:53 am
I went to All Wheels Driver Trainning school which also MTO approved and situated in North York.Its an best & affordable driving school in canada.
www.allwheelsdriver.com
phone no:416.497.0204
vidur / June 12, 2014 at 10:18 pm
I went to Globe Driving Academy its took me really long to finish my in car lessons due to my tight work schedule but at the end I passed! in first try my road test yesterday with almost Perfect score i would highly recommend this Driving School , i had previously horrible Experience with one driving School from Mississauga i hated everything but thanks to Globe Driving i have finally My Licence :) ,
Logick / June 13, 2014 at 04:17 pm
I also went to Globe Driving Acade--Wait a min, no. cuz if i went to a driving school, I wouldnt bother coming back to a website that informs (miserably) new students about good schools. shit doesnt make sense, but this spamm debate in the comments was good time kill
Alice / June 14, 2014 at 01:29 pm
DO NOT GO TO AMB Driving School. Terrible! Terrible, Terrible experience! Rude, sleezy, unprofessional instructors. Frequent lesson cancellation, talking on their phone throughout the lesson, not paying attention to the student, speaking in a rude, hostile manner, constantly harassing me to take extra classes. I was traumatized by the whole experience. Terrible! How can you have them on your list as a good school? I am positive this is consistent behaviour because I had different instructors, and I also spoke with other students who had similar experiences.
Kay replying to a comment from Karen / June 17, 2014 at 08:05 pm
Good to know - thanks Karen! Useful List!
Ziggy / June 25, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Hay everyone! if you are in Scarborough,Markham and in Stouffville area then check out Canadian Academy of Defensive Driving. Reasonable pricing,Professional Young and friendly Instructors. Call (416) 642-8549 for Scarborough and Markham south area and (416) 754-2233 for Stouffville and Markham North area. BTW they need to update this list,some of the driving school's mentioned are revoked or are scam artists!
Susan replying to a comment from Karen / July 8, 2014 at 01:27 pm
Peter's Driving Academy is approved. It bought Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving. Many teens in our neighbourhood have used Peter's.
oksi replying to a comment from Dan / July 11, 2014 at 01:00 pm
I agree with you Dan. Sprint Driving School has to be in the list. The website you indicated is for their truck driving department, they have another web site - www.sprint-driving.com where there is information about G licence.
Nikol / July 11, 2014 at 05:38 pm
I found that topic and just wanted to add my 2 cents here.
I have couple of friends who had very bad experience with their instructors,lessons and driving tests that I wanted to look for driving school reviews to decide where to go. My friends went for cheap but at the end they paid twice more as they were failing road tests and had to take more and more lessons, and believe me they are not stupid girls, it is just the quality of lessons was not there. When it was my turn to look for the driving school I was reading all the reviews I could find and I can tell you it really helped me.
not all the Toronto driving schools, good reviews exist for in the internet, in that top 10 list. Golan had very good reviews, Alex driving school too, Sprint Driving School has Facebook page and i could find a lot of really good reviews there as well as on Yelp and the school web site www.sprint-driving.com. They have link to their Facebook on their website pages. I called the school and talked to the owner - Igor Isaev, i can tell you what was promised to me during my initial conversation was delivered in the best manner. Very fair package price, driving lessons with the maximum attention to my mistakes, in-class lessons were very informative. Everybody in that school was so nice and polite. Igor was my instructor but i talked to other people in class and they were very happy with their instructors as well. I passed the test the first time and I believe other guys did as well as I saw couple of them at the center the same day and they passed too with good results. I recommended that school to my other 2 friends and they have registered already, when it will be their turn to drive me - I will not worry :), that is true, as my mom says now I have a good driving style, well thanks to my instructor. when you decide on the driving school - think about quality, you want to be safe on the road and thank you for the topic Rick.
Luigi Salvi / July 25, 2014 at 11:17 am
I take my classes to prepare for the G license with ALEX DRIVING SCHOOL and I can assure you that he is one of the most complete instructor you may need. He is patience, professional and have the hability to get you comfortable behind the steering wheel. I just get my G license at the first and unique try. I strongly recommend Alex Driving School.
Sonya replying to a comment from Susan / July 28, 2014 at 03:36 pm
@ SUSAN: PLEASE GO TO http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/revoked.shtml

SCROLL DOWN AND HERE I LIST THEM FOR YOU AS THE REVOKED MTO DRIVING SCHOOL ITS CURRENT TODAY IS MONDAY JULY 28 2014 3:35PM EST.
Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving
Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving
8130 Shepard Avenue East., Suite 205, Toronto, ON M1B 3W3
Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving
965 Dundas Street West, Unit 201, Whitby ON L1P 1G8
905-665-3150
AJoc replying to a comment from C.Troy / July 28, 2014 at 05:02 pm
The EXACT same thing happened to me with Canadian Tire and the ALSO said they wouldn't refund me. They did and YES, I was just short of a tire iron as well. The laymans term for them is thieves. Take your money to provide you a service, deny you the service and keep your money= theft. FUCK THEM.
I also ended up at Young Drivers and while it certainly wasn't cheap it has made me an excellent driver. track record proves it.
MORAL OF THE STORY: DO NOT GIVE MONEY OR TIME TO CANADIAN TIRE.
Karina / July 30, 2014 at 12:41 pm
I will keep my comment short and sweet. At the end of the day, if you are located in North York, in need of a quick preparation for G2/G or a full course and trying to stay away from emptying out your wallet...I would HIGHLY recommend SPRINT Driving School. They are recently under new management and two of my friends as well as myself just recently completed our courses there. VERY flexible and absolutely GREAT instructors(we all had different ones). Will not disappoint. GOOD LUCK AND DRIVE SAFE!
Vlatko / August 11, 2014 at 12:35 pm
I would highly recommend Alex from Alex Driving School. My G driver license has expired and I had to go again through the hoops and loops of having it reinstated. I took a class with Alex the day I had my G2 test. He corrected me where it was needed and reinsured that I was ready to take the test. I successfully passed it a few hours later. No nonsense, no gimmicks, just plain good driving lesson. Thanks Alex!

416-500-6571
Edmund replying to a comment from LA / August 15, 2014 at 08:28 pm
It's pity that you had to go through the bad experience "in car lessons" ... Just because the instructor has a "certificate" does not mean he/she has what it takes to be an effective teacher. Compassion/ patience & loads more qualities are needed to be good instructor.

Edmund P
416 985 9396
Igor / August 19, 2014 at 04:55 pm
Absolutely agree with you, Edmund. To have a certificate doesn't mean you are a good teacher.
The good results of your students this is what is makes you a good teacher.
Every time you are looking for driving school – check the web, read what school students say – the real feedback from real people(Facebook, forums) and not those displayed on the websites.
Many driving instructors call themselves “Driving School” where individual has only a driving instructor licence and not the school.
Driving School in Canada has to be approved by MTO, it is a long process actually, as the MTO is really doing good checking. All instructors in the school must have all valid certificates and permits and the driving instructor car insurance or school can be shut down. And this is the only place that can provide you with the MTO approved BDE Course and, after you complete the course, will issue you the MTO certificate for the insurance discount.
Sprint Driving School guarantees to give you the best driving education possible. The School’s In-Class and In-Car instructors are all very experienced professionals.

Read the School Facebook Page reviews website

Igor Isaev, the owner.
416-402-4124
Irem / August 20, 2014 at 01:06 pm
I went to Alex's Driving School to practice for my full G license. He is really professional, excellent teacher, very patient and makes sure you are comfortable on the wheel. I would recommended him to everyone from all levels to learn safe and confident driving: http://alexdrivingschool.weebly.com
416-500-6571
Sophie / August 21, 2014 at 03:18 pm
Recently completed my full BDE course with the Sprint Driving School http://www.sprintdriving.com/and passed my test on the first try.
I don't know where else I could get it done so efficiently quality, time and money wise. Highly recommend it.
ryan / August 21, 2014 at 10:01 pm
Arrowstar Driving school in scarborugh was a wonderful experience. Young proffesionals serving the community. Reasonable rates good instructors that speak clear english. all Billal the owner at 647-885-1702 for all your driving needs. By far the best driving school in scarborough.
Igor replying to a comment from Sophie / August 26, 2014 at 01:24 pm
it is just the Sprint Driving School web site you posted belongs to the truck driving department, where you completed your course at http://www.sprint-driving.com/
Gary / August 29, 2014 at 02:55 pm
Hey people
I highly recommend SPRINT DRIVING SCHOOL!!!!!
I have a very good experience with that school.
Especially with Igor!!!!
Good instructor, great person.
Thanks Igor!!!
keep cool !!!
Rishanth Kugathas / September 6, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Hi Guys
I would recommend this school National Driving Institute (http://nationaldriving.ca/), the prices are fair and they are great, it suited me as i was a university student, so they managed to fit me after classes finished and they were really patient with me.
Liliya / September 11, 2014 at 11:29 pm
I highly recommend Alex's Driving School. I used to drive in my native country for a couple of years and thought I knew how to drive. Last month I booked a road test in Downsview, being sure I would easily pass it. But I failed... My husband recommended me to take a few lessons with an instructor, and I was lucky to meet Alex who gradually, step by step, pointed to all my mistakes on the road, and taught me useful and safe driving techniques. I am very grateful to Alex for his professionalism, patience and good taste of humor. He can deal with any student, because he has a talent for teaching. Yesterday I passed my road exam successfully! Thank you so much Alex!
aj / September 12, 2014 at 06:55 pm
As I'm reading all the comments, I haven't notice All Nations. Sure you pay $590 for in class and driving lessons but what they don't tell you is this. Never answer phones. Classes are completely monotone (make sure you bring a cot). Booking driving lessons is restricted and cancelled last minute. Booking your test is their choice for location and time. Failure is inevitable. X 3. Make sure you have a minimum of $500 for multiply road tests. OMG how are they one of the top 10? Stay away or you'll go broke!!!!!!
Liliya / September 14, 2014 at 11:55 am
Hi guys. I forgot to mention the contacts of Alex's Driving School. Phone # is 416 500-6571, and his website is alexdrivingschool.weebly.com. I am sure you will enjoy driving lessons with him and easily pass the road exam. Good luck!
thomas gary / September 15, 2014 at 10:35 am
Hi Guy's, hope you fine!!
i have joined All Wheels Driver training in toronto. they people have best knowledge over driving. i thanking you all team for wonderful support and i recommended to all All Wheels Driver training.
Vinay / September 15, 2014 at 04:36 pm
Hey Guys,

I highly recommend Alex's Driving School for your driving lesson . Please read the contact details below at the end. This guy Alex, is having a extreme knowledge and experience in his field. He is confident and person with right attitude. This was my first ever driving experience in canada and Alex just made it simple and comfortable in each and every way. He posses very unique and easy techniques when it comes to driving. we all get sceptical when it comes to parallel, reverse parking , 3 point turn etc. but with Alex I just learnt it with no time and i have never heard about these techniques from anybody. I just passed my G2 in my first attempt and all credits goes to Alex. He is very comfortable and friendly person and he never forgets to give some really good tips for your driving class. He is good teacher and a good motivator. Below are the contact details:-
Phone:- 416 500-6571
Website:- alexdrivingschool.weebly.com

All the best !!!
Maria / September 16, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Hi Guys, I'm also fan of Alex's Driving school! Passed my road test about 3 hours ago! Alex was awesome: super patient but still called me out on every little mistake I made so I would stop doing it. He broke down all the maneuvers into easy to remember steps (I can park like a pro!). I'm so glad he was recommended to me by a friend. Glad I'm not the first to leave positive review for him.
joe / September 22, 2014 at 09:48 pm
Don't waste your money with all Star Driving school, a friend of mine
got many hours of driving lessons for his G road test and he failed, not just first time even after that. He went to St Clair West to all star school and even he had to get lessons at 7 am with no results :(
Hellen Tyler replying to a comment from thomas gary / September 23, 2014 at 10:46 am
Yes,It is best driving school in Toronto,Markham,Scarborough & North York.
Olena / September 25, 2014 at 09:39 pm
I highly recommend SPRINT driving school. The best SPRINT's teacher is Igor , very talented and hardworking. His explanations are very clear and intelligible. All my family and some of my friends are Igor's students. Thank you, Igor for your teaching!!!
Ali jabran / October 2, 2014 at 06:22 pm
All star and all nations both are shit school highly disorganized I tried both failed my test twice with all nation Driving school and twice with all star Driving school , all they waste your time go straight is their favorite part of training I usually start my lesson either on kippling ave , martin grove , or Islington ave all you go down to the lakeshore and then come back to your starting point that's where I spent my 70% or driving training time result failed 4 time , complete rip off who ever wants to try go ahead and cry
alex j. / October 2, 2014 at 06:29 pm
Hey guys google " Best Driving school or Best Driving school Toronto" you will get the high rated driving schools in Toronto read their review make calls select the best treat you problem finish , that's how I found one for me ;)
Sarah replying to a comment from Ali jabran / October 3, 2014 at 10:06 am
Hi Ali Jabran, this is Sarah from All Star Driving School, we have looked into all of our records we DO NOT SEE your name on our private list or our Full Course List. I highly advise you not to lie or make false comments against driving schools. All comments have MAC IP Address and are Traceable. If you had any problems or issues can call us directly and advise us and we would address your concerns or issues promptly and professionally. Tel: 416 742-6679
amr chabana / October 14, 2014 at 05:14 pm
Phone:- 416 500-6571
Website:- alexdrivingschool.weebly.com

guys, i move to To thinking I knew how to drive, failed my test of course, after that i took lessons with Alex, he's awesome, taught me things I didn't know even though I am an experienced driver…

after a few lessons ipassed the test, thanks Alex you the Bes
Raj Sharma / October 16, 2014 at 06:29 pm
prices are competitive http://www.drivingschoolintoronto.com/
Bee / October 23, 2014 at 10:27 pm
Hi, I think that Globe Driving Academy was totally spamming up this wall earlier, but anyway, I actually DO want to say some good things about them. I found that their prices are really low, and although in one sense one can always count on getting what one pays for (in this case, the organization leaves a lot to be desired, I suppose, and the classroom is a bit dismal... ) I was surprised and happy to see that the instructor for the weekend courses made the whole thing worth my time and money. He has a bit of a silly sense of humour, but he certainly knows his shit and he seems to care that we become good drivers. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually had some fun at driver's ed thanks to his cheery disposition. It's probably not the best driving school in town, but if you can look at it from the right angle it's definitely not a horrible one either!
Rob / October 26, 2014 at 05:55 pm
Took some lessons with Alex driving school for my G2 and Alex was so amazing I had to refer my dad and took G class driving lessons with him just this past week. He knows exactly what's going to be on the test and prepares you very well. Not only is he very knowlegable but he has a great personality. I would recommend if your looking for lessons just call him and talk to him. I'm sure you will be satisfied. Tel: (416) 500-6571
Nikita / October 27, 2014 at 10:44 pm
I got to say thank you to Alex Driving School, last year Alex helped me to pass my G2 test. This year I passed my G test on the first try all thanks to Alex. He is very Knowledgeable, very patient, and he is great at building confidence in your driving skills. I would recommend Alex if you just started learning how to drive or if you need to refresh your memory.

alexdrivingschool.weebly.com
Tel: (416) 500-6571
Ezee / October 29, 2014 at 11:38 am
I just wanted to thank Saleem for all his help and confidence during his driving lessons. He is definitely an outstanding instructor and because of him I was able to complete my G test right on time! He was very thorough in explaining everything and he made it easy to learn to drive on the road. He is also very patient and calm which makes it easier to feel comfortable and confident in learning. I would definitely recommend Saleem and Ezee Driving School to anyone and it is definitely worth the time and experience!
Joseph / November 1, 2014 at 11:45 am
Yesterday I walked into a driving school and they wanted to scan my drivers licence and keep it on their computer, I said NO.

A driver's licence image with your signature, your photo, address, date of birth, first and last name can definitely be used by identity thieves.

All the school needs is your drivers licence nr, name and possibly address

Right?

Mike / November 2, 2014 at 07:10 pm
If you really want a good,honest,professional driving school go to EXPERT DRIVERS SCHOOL,2400 MIDLAND AVE, SUITE 202,SCARBOROUGH,ONT.They have been in business since 1983.
They have good rates.Most of their students pass first time.They speak good English.They don't eat,drink,shop or do personal errands on your time,or talk on the cell phone while teaching you.They don't have more than 1 person in the car.They don't pick up and drop off other students like a taxi service when they teach you.They don't trick you to go out of Toronto for a test and charge you $300.00 more with no guarantee of passing your test.
Mike / November 2, 2014 at 07:11 pm
Their phone number is 416 - 750 -3811
Sunny / November 4, 2014 at 09:12 pm
I went to Good Drivers in Mississauga they were really good very affordable and professional. Highly recommend Good Drivers
Denis / November 5, 2014 at 09:43 pm
Used to drive with Alex's driving school. Balanced and very confident instructor. I like his style, he teaches you to feel comfortable on the road. Usually we started from Finch on passengers pickup zone - very convenient. Passed my G full from 1st time nearly perfect!
I strongly recommend Alex.
416-500-6571
Nicole / November 7, 2014 at 12:59 pm
I just finished lessons with Globe Driving Academy and it was an amazing experience for me. These lessons helped with my confidence and taught me how to drive very well and with patience. I had a great driving instructor named Raza who taught me all the driving techniques that were examined during my G2 and G driving tests. I would recommend this driving school to all new drivers.
Tia replying to a comment from Liliya / November 9, 2014 at 10:37 am
Do you have an estimate of how much cost per driving lesson and how many lessons did you take before the final test?
btec driving / November 11, 2014 at 12:08 am
We have a tendency to confirm our learners have learned one thing new at the top of every lesson, and become safe drivers once they pass. Visit here http://www.btec-driving.com
findme atest / November 11, 2014 at 05:47 am
Amazing, got a text among forty five minutes, test found, took my check five days later and passed. Will we certainly suggest to friends. More information contact on web site http://findmeatest.co.uk
flash drivingschool / November 11, 2014 at 06:20 am
We square measure a "Fully Qualified Driving Instructors Only" college, providing driving lessons in London; we have a tendency to do driving lessons Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets and components of metropolis. More information contact on web site http://www.flashdrivingschool.co.uk
ki / November 16, 2014 at 09:13 am
Any good driving schools in Mississauga, Oakville and Burlington area?
Cybilasaurus replying to a comment from Allotha Faginah / November 18, 2014 at 11:08 am
You made me laugh. I like you!
Katherina_R / November 25, 2014 at 06:32 pm
Hi guys! I would highly recommend Alex's driving school! I came to Canada as an international experienced driver, with a very bad habits, believe me I was a total disaster :) I never though I could pass G test the first time, as I know many people having troubles in changing their way of driving into "Canadian" one - but Alex made it happen! He immediately detected my weak spots and patiently worked on them with me over and over until I showed improvement. It's clearly seen that Alex is a professional and not only in being a good teacher but also by being a good mentor who treating individually every student. Thank you Alex!!!(416) 500-6571
PAIGE / November 28, 2014 at 03:32 pm
I took lessons with All Star at Richmondhill location, I really enjoyed the service there, My inclas teacher was Azhar very nice guy, for in car I had Hamid very very good teacher. he was very patience with me and I got my G2 in first shot.
Khaila / November 30, 2014 at 10:45 am
Globe Driving Amazing Experience!!! Got my License on Friday im so happy :) , i never thought i could pass this test but my instructor was kept telling me you can do it just follow the rules just follow the rules hahahaha while i was doing test his voice was in my ears "Just Follow the Rules" Thank you so Much Globe Driving Academy :) :) :)
Fabian / December 1, 2014 at 01:38 pm
Hi there, I took my G2 driving lessons and road test with Alex Shuster and I am highly recommend him. He was actually tougher that my examiner, but I believe that helped me to built confidence and be prepared. Driving is a serious responsibility. From my experience, he was very straightforward, reliable, and cares that one passes the exam (and drives safely of course). I failed my full G first with another instructor and Alex clarified me many confusions I still had in my mind about driving. He also had easy "recipes", as I call them, for parallel parking and reverse parking. Also, he will tell you if you are ready or not to take the exam, without thinking in his pocket or convenience. Great instructor and person. His cellphone # is (416) 500-6571. http://alexdrivingschool.weebly.com/index.html
Fabian
G2 road test in Metro East
Fabian replying to a comment from Fabian / December 1, 2014 at 02:47 pm
Alex Shuster is well known also as Alex Driving School.
H Vargas / December 5, 2014 at 10:28 pm
I would always recommend http://www.prostardriving.ca/en/ my instructor was a smart gentleman and he taught me the tricks and tips of parking and I was able to passed very well my exam. I took the test at Etobicoke Test Centre.
Joe / December 8, 2014 at 08:30 pm
I go to your driving school because I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!

I have no experience, I do not have your driving habits ...

YOU SHOULD NOT GET FRUSTRATED WHEN I DO NOT DRIVE LIKE YOU WOULD!

you need to give me time to learn, not rush me and get frustrated

Driver Education / December 10, 2014 at 11:26 pm
You can also complete your driving practical without needing a driving school, use Driving Simulator.
oriflame / December 14, 2014 at 10:27 am
'This week, I will only drink one beer on Friday
night, saving myself thousands of calories'. Food being part of
the physiologic needs of people should be taken with some sort of discipline.
Ryan Blair is the CEO and is the embodiment
of the Vi - Salus vision.
Raz Driving / December 15, 2014 at 04:13 am
We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a marvelous job! Anybody looking for Midland Driving Schoolcan contact immediately .
REED RICHARD / December 22, 2014 at 05:05 pm
I went to http://learnsafedrive.com/ for my full course, i am happy for the service that i got from Learn safe.
Joseph / December 22, 2014 at 08:36 pm
WARNING: DO NOT LET THE DRIVING SCHOOL SCAN YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE AND KEEP IT ON THEIR COMPUTER

GO TO ALEX, HE JUST LOOKS AT YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE AND GIVES IT BACK IT TO YOU 416-500-6571

IDENTITY THIEVES LOVE TO SEE A SCAN OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE WITH YOUR SIGNATURE DATE OF BIRTH FIRST AND LAST NAME ADDRESS

DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM

GO TO ALEX

jeanne / December 23, 2014 at 09:22 am
I went to "Alex's Driving School" to practice for my G2 license. Passed my test on the very 1st attempt!
Alex is professional & takes his job as Instructor very seriously. I loved his approach of "if you are learning to drive; do it right"
He makes sure you are comfortable on the wheel & constantly strives for perfection, repeatedly (yet patiently)correcting any faults till you learn to drive Perfectly. Alex's teaching skills are truly commendable -he simplifies all driving techniques & helps you master parking procedures through super simple "techniques/recipes/points" :)
I will surely go to him when I need to get my G license too & would recommended him to anyone wanting to learn safe and confident driving.
ph: 416-500-6571
Maria replying to a comment from Joseph / December 26, 2014 at 01:38 pm
Hi Joseph, driving schools are bound to keep a copy of your license up to 3 years its required by ministry of transportation ,its stays in your file at driving school if you don't give it to them you won't be able to complete your BDE course, but make sure school is approved by ministry ,
Daniela C / December 31, 2014 at 02:57 pm
I used Alex Driving School, and found Alex to be extremely personable and, more importantly, knowledgable. He was truly a great coach! He made me feel at ease before my road test, and gave me valuable tips/advice, that helped me to not only pass the road test, but gain confidence as a driver. Would recommend him to anyone!
Elise replying to a comment from Daniela C / January 4, 2015 at 08:37 pm
Can you please provide information about the pricing for each class and would the testing location be Downsview? Thanks!
Krista / January 6, 2015 at 12:40 pm
I will definitely recommend Sprint Driving School - www.sprint-driving.com. Check their Facebook page and people reviews.
I passed the road test on the first try with the great confidence! Thanks to Igor, driving instructor and owner of the school!
Driver Education / January 10, 2015 at 01:56 am
Diver education is the best way to help teens learn to maneuver a car and understand the rules of the road.
Luisa / January 10, 2015 at 11:52 am
How much does Alex charge for G training?
Aziz Malik / January 11, 2015 at 09:00 am
Here's the ministry website for revoked driving schools.

Jennifer / January 12, 2015 at 05:54 pm
My G2 expired in July 2012. Will I have to start from the beginning again?
Lora (Thornhill, Ontario) / January 13, 2015 at 06:55 pm
I was very fortunate to find Sprint Driving School, especially the owner, Igor Isaev, of this school.
Igor is very experienced, patient, and attentive. He helped me a lot and I am very grateful!
I highly recommend Igor, he is THE BEST instructor!
The Sprint Driving School website is: http://www.sprint-driving.com and http://www.sprint-driving.ca
Kathrina Marshall / January 15, 2015 at 04:58 pm
The current statistics does not give much calm to parents yet many female driving instructors are hoping that the new batch of drivers are pretty much caring and their ability to drive safe is inspiring.
Mila / January 16, 2015 at 11:11 am
It is very important for parents to know how to find the right driving school. look for blog posts on the subject, here is one of them: http://blog.sprint-driving.com/how-to-find-the-right-driving-school-or-how-to-find-a-good-driving-instructor/
Pavel / January 16, 2015 at 08:02 pm
I definitely recommend Alex Driving School. Alex is the best teacher i have ever met. He taught me how should i drive and i got my G2 licence from the first attempt.Contact Alex if you want to pass the road test!
Sara Clark-Duff / January 23, 2015 at 04:20 am
It is really wonderful blog. I am so pleased to know about all these training schools. These are too useful. Thanks for making a wonderful blog.
Gulya N. / February 9, 2015 at 06:05 pm
Alex Driving School is the best !! Alex - professional. I am very glad that I was fortunate to work with him. Yes, work, because to learn to drive - it's hard work, and from the one who teaches you to drive depends, will you be able to drive or not. Thanks for that I say to my instructor. Alex is very mature, quiet, thoughtful man, he never raises his voice, and if something does not work, he calmly explains what could be the cause of failure and causes the element to repeat as many times until it reaches automatism. Alex not only taught me how to drive, but was able to reach out to me, to give confidence , to create an atmosphere of ease and comfort. So what lessons were not monotonous or boring, and when I got behind the wheel on the exam, immediately stopped worrying and passed test. I'm so glad that I met such a caring person who really matter what he does. Alex - you are a true professional, I am proud that you have taught me to ride, and always will recommend you as the best instructor
Anthony / February 13, 2015 at 02:29 pm
I understand why Globe Driving Academy is #1 school in Toronto and should be across GTA. I recently graduated from this school. Their prices are affordable for me as a student, so I didn't have to cough up $1200 plus with young Drivers. In class teacher was very knowledgable and In car instructor taught me everything I would know in 15 hours and prepared me for he road test. I passed in my first try. Globe Driving Academy had great price, excellent customer service and positive results. I would recommend this school anyone in Toronto and GTA to get the best driver ed. in this industry.
Anthony
Ali / February 20, 2015 at 02:23 pm
This article doesn't seem to be based on the author's actual experience and seems like one big ad :P

Either way, I went to Honours Driving School for G2 lessons and I was fortunate enough to pass on my first time + I had a funny/kind instructor

If you're looking around, why not check them out as well?
David / February 20, 2015 at 07:51 pm
I usually work to midnight and I was really tired, I wanted to cancel my driving lesson, but I did not cancel because I know every time I have a lesson with Alex he really helps me improve my driving skills and that is the most important thing after you pass your G2. You need to have good driving skills to drive on your own.

I passed my G2 today, Thank You Alex!
James / February 23, 2015 at 09:49 pm
http://www.learnsafedrive.com/ Seems affordable
Linda / February 24, 2015 at 02:48 pm
Has anyone had lessons with CAA ? I'm looking for a driving school for my 18yr old son...who thinks he knows everything !!
Alen / February 25, 2015 at 04:02 pm
I came here from Bulgaria with certainly experience in driving back there (5 years). I have read the Bulgarian newspaper and I found Alex' Driving school. I called him and he explained me how can I arrange the documents, so I can go from G1 to full G, taking into account my previous experience. Then I met Alex and with only 4 lessons, I got my G license. The man is very good in explanation and he taught me the most Important stuff to drive here in only 4 lessons. I recomend Alex to everyone who needs help abot driving! His phone is (416) 500-6571.
Kevin / February 26, 2015 at 08:32 pm
I recently got my G2 license on my first try. Alex helped me get comfortable behind the wheel and stop being nervous. He was always very friendly and patient. He is also very funny and made the lessons fun. I am glad I chose him as my teacher. Consider giving him a call if you're looking to take driving lessons.

416-500-6571
Gulya N. replying to a comment from Gulya N. / February 27, 2015 at 02:27 pm
416-500-6571
Lana / March 16, 2015 at 11:55 am
I took a test for G class license the other day and passed comfortably on the first attempt. I owe my success to Sprint driving school. My instructor - Igor - was absolutely wonderful !!! He explained everything in a precise and comprehensive manner, and made difficult things easy. On day one he pointed out all my weaknesses and came up with a plan of work, which allowed me to prepare in the most efficient way. He was also very enthusiastic which made every lesson pleasant and fun. I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to take the test.

Sprint Driving School phone number (647)-430-1925
Tyler / March 23, 2015 at 11:03 am
Past my test first time with All Star driving school, Toronto st Clair west. I recommend you all to give a call for moe. Very good instructor, and engaging! Enjoyed my learning exp. and had a lot of friend. :)
Hiba Babar / March 23, 2015 at 11:10 am
This was my second attempt at a G2 test and I passed with flying colours! First time I took private lessons on my own, but this time I decided to get a package with All Star Driving School (Toronto Location) and thanks to my amazing instructor Moe, I felt so much more confident going into the test. I definitely reccomend this driving school to drivers of all levels - and if you're taking lessons in Toronto, ask for Moe as your instructor! :)
Natalia B / March 31, 2015 at 04:20 pm
I have taken the lessons with Alex and passed my first test easily.
He is a very good driving instructor, very patient and attentive to details, never tired to repeat the instructions and to point your mistakes.
He taught me how to make the reverse parking very well and on the test I parked the car between two vehicles as a pro. The phone number for Alex Driving School is 416-500-6571.
Rony / April 8, 2015 at 02:15 pm
I live in east york, i found http://www.learnsafedrive.com/ is good in this area. My two kids went to this school and passed in one go, highly recommend.
Jessica / April 8, 2015 at 02:16 pm
I guess both websites belongs to same school http://www.drivingschoolintoronto.com/ and http://www.learnsafedrive.com/
Irina replying to a comment from Karina / April 8, 2015 at 11:57 pm
I did not have a good experience with Sprint driving school: instructor Michael talked on the phone in Russian a lot of the time, lacked communication skills in English to explain maneuvers, and got very frustrated when asked clarification questions, as if it was my fault that I could not understand what he is saying- or gesturing I should say. Luckily I paid only 3 in car lessons, I went to AMB years before- horrible experience- and wanted to check out the instructor first before paying the full course fee. At the end of the third lesson, Michael went on to mock me that I am not good at Math (although I work with numbers), since I could have saved money by paying the full course: way to go to seal a sale, I should pay $300 instead of $105 for not learning how to drive and needing to start at square one with yet another driving school.
sheena replying to a comment from LA / April 14, 2015 at 01:03 pm
Hello, LA, did you find any good instructor yet? I know its an old post. However, can some one recommend a good driving instructor to a 40 yr old who gets nightmares when thinking of driving? I get butterflies in my stomach, all jittery, sweaty and what not...however, I do wish to drive like a normal person 1 day. Please, someone, anyone suggest a good instructor for a nervous person like myself. Thanks in advance.
Vishal / April 14, 2015 at 02:16 pm
Recently I took my G test and I passed.Initially I was less confident;however, I chose MILLENNIUM DRIVING SCHOOL, which is an excellent school and less expensive too. The instructors are brilliant and down to earth especially the owner SABBIR who is a great personality. With his guidance I cleared my test in the first attempt. I took only 7 lessons as I am an experienced foreign driver. I recommend this school to anyone who really wanted to pass the test and become a future defensive driver. The school is MTO approved.
Driving / April 15, 2015 at 10:44 pm
I strongly recommend Alex's driving school. After reviewing the comments on the list here, I got the highway practice from Alex and passed the test today!!! Driving had been anxiety provoking for me and I was not able to go on high way due to intense fear and anxiety. I never thought that I can obtain my G license.

Alex was very attentive, knowledgeable and patient. His detail-oriented teaching style helped me to improve the areas that I was not feeling confident. His sense of humor also helped to ease my anxiety during the practice.

Passing G on the first attempt after six lessons shows how good driving instructor he is.
Megen / April 21, 2015 at 09:53 am
I highly recommend All Star Driving School. They make scheduling easy, especially for students. The environment is quiet and professional, and there are always students present from all age groups. In the first class they give you the name and number of your driving instructor, with whom you correspond with directly. I received Raky as a driving instructor, and he made learning the rules of the road quick and easy with personalized scheduling and lessons directed towards what I needed to work on.
Victor Closson / April 23, 2015 at 02:45 pm
I took my driving lessons at all star a little nervous about who my instructor would be. Raky came to pick me up and upon the first time sitting in the car I felt super relaxed. He would talk to me while giving me advice on road rules and regulations. He never freaked out and was as calm as can be during the lessons. I would definitely reccomens him especially since my friends have had some bad experiences with some other instructors. Thanks to Raky I passed my first time without an issue. I 100% feel like he is the reason I passed and therefore I also reccomend him to any new driver looking to take lessons in the future.
Helen / April 24, 2015 at 08:03 pm
Learn Safe academy is extremely unprofessional. The instructor kept on cancelling scheduled classes without notice (basically if you don't call them the night before the appointment, you won't find out that it's cancelled). They don't seem to honour the appointments really. The in class portion is also very unprofessional. Classes always start late, and finishes early. The instructor usually reads things off from the slides. Also, they charge a higher price from what they advertise from the website. This driving school is a waste of money.
Robert / April 27, 2015 at 04:19 pm
A little over a month ago I realized my G2 was going to expire in 15 days. Full of panic, I quickly scheduled the next available road test (which happened to be in Oshawa). A few days later I failed the test.

Full of panic, anxiety and a plethora of other emotions, I turned to AMB for help. They put me in contact with one Naseer Ahmad Malik, and a few days later I had my first lesson. After only a few minutes he picked up on all of the areas I needed to improve on. After a total of 3 lessons, I'm very happy to report that today, I passed the test!

Thank you Malik!!
David / April 27, 2015 at 10:21 pm
I started driving lessons with zero experience with Raki at all star driving, and I'm really happy about it. I've only had a few lessons so far but I'm already a decent driver for a beginner. He made sure I had everything under control and then helped me move on to the next things I need for my G2 test. He's a good and energetic teacher and I recommend him to anyone who wants to learn fast.
Rozorio / April 28, 2015 at 05:13 pm
Can anyone recommend a good driving school in Pickering or surrounding area?
Cory / April 28, 2015 at 10:55 pm
I've really enjoyed my experience with All Star Driving School, especially the in-car lessons with Raky. He has all the qualities you want from a great driving instructor: patient, knowledgable, experienced, reliable, and calm. I'm happy I'm finally learning how to drive!
Matthew / April 29, 2015 at 10:39 am
Over here in England we have a really good method of booking your driving tests. We can book our tests entirely online which really saves a lot of time and hassle! http://www.bookyourpracticaltestonline.com/
Elyssa / May 7, 2015 at 11:14 am
Do not use Globe Driving Academy. It's so obvious from both this and the online reviews that they are putting up fake posts on their own. My daughter booked a few lessons with Reza and he was terrible - late, rude, not attentive at all.
oksi replying to a comment from sheena / May 7, 2015 at 12:03 pm
I would recommend Igor or Michael from Sprint Driving School. Great professionals with big experience in helping people to become confident drivers. Both my kids completed BDE course there and passed the driving test with very high score. One of my friends had a very serious emotional trauma after the car accident many years ago and couldn't start driving after that, she took driving lessons with Igor and Michael and they helped her to overcome all the fears and nightmares. You can find them on Facebook or google for the Sprint Driving School.
Lea replying to a comment from Irina / May 7, 2015 at 02:43 pm
My daughter an I had an EXCELLENT experience with Sprint Driving School !
I found Michael to be particularly understanding, patient and very articulate with his instructions. His ability to communicate in 3 languages, appealed to my other friends who I referred to him ; but I found his English to be very well communicated and easy to understand.
In many instances, Michael went above his call and duty to help explain and demonstrate. I was VERY impressed !
My daughter took lessons with Igor, who was absolutely fantastic as well.. the positive difference in her driving was visible after just 1 session.

Overall, the experience Sprint Driving school provides at very competitive rates, made me one HAPPY customer...
THANK YOU Sprint Driving School !
Damian / May 10, 2015 at 07:06 pm
All star driving is amazing, Raki is an amazing young instructor he can relate and have a good relationship with his students, he is a very patient calm instructor, there is no need to be nervous when driving with Raki or any allstar instructor. I recommend allstar to all young drivers who want to become better drivers.
honest 123 replying to a comment from Karen / May 12, 2015 at 10:18 pm
most of the good comments on this site are spam and comes from the owners and operator of the school and their families
peters academy is a recycled operation secretly managed by peter himself with someone who he put up to front the school
make sure the instructor speaks english,does not talk on the cellphone,does not pick up and drop off others students on your time like a taxi service,make sure they don't take you outside of toronto for a test or they will charge you 200 to 300 dollars more with no guarantee to pass
Mike Rogers. replying to a comment from Karen / May 12, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Try Expert Drivers School in Scarborough.
Most of their students pass first time.
It is not what you pay it is what you learn.
They have over 35 years of Instructing experience.
They have patient,friendly,knowledgeable,punctual,experienced,educated instructors.
Their rates are comparable and reasonable.
You get your money's worth and more.
Call 416 - 750 - 3811
Rebecca / May 19, 2015 at 02:51 pm
Raky from All-star driving school is by far the calmest, nicest, and best driving instructor. He made me feel so safe when I was driving and really calmed my nerves. I went to him as a brand new driver and he taught me great skills!
Edem D. / May 23, 2015 at 12:44 am
Alex from Alex's Driving School is a great teacher; patient yet firm in his lessons. His confidence as an instructor, no doubt gained from his many years of experience, allows him to be relaxed which tends to rub off on his students. It is in such an environment that he communicates, and provides direction and very useful tips for making driving accessible. Alex is very perceptive and is therefore, able to cater to each student specifically. He picked up on some of my tendencies, for e.g., slowing down during lane changes, overthinking things, etc. and made sure to address them. I'm thankful for his guidance in obtaining my G licence on the first try, and his sense of humor that made the experience less stressful and yet uncompromising in technical quality. I highly recommend him as an instructor.
416-500-6571
Anna / May 23, 2015 at 06:20 pm
I took driving lessons from Alex after a bad experience with my previous instructor. Alex taught me the rules of the road and defensive driving. He's flexible to cater to your schedule and goes an extra mile for his students. He keeps repeating himself on what you did wrong until you do it right. He also gives you the confidence to succeed and I did pass my G test the first time thanks to his guidance, patience and persistence. I would highly recommend him to others. 5 stars! Dial his number at 416-500-6571.
Katie Nguyen / May 28, 2015 at 06:52 pm
All Stars driving school was HORRIBLE. The driving instructors simply talk on their phones and are full of attitude. I much preferred All Nations.
Yoyo / May 28, 2015 at 08:39 pm
After I failed G2 test three times in a small town out of Toronto with another horrible instructor, I found Alex eventually. Driving with ALex is really a great experience. He is a driving expert, and gives very useful advices to drive easily. He not only taught me becoming comfortable behind the wheel, but also built my confidence for driving. I passed G2 test in Toronto today. Alex driving school is absolutely the most advisable choice. http://alexdrivingschool.weebly.com/
Joel / June 3, 2015 at 04:24 pm
I followed the comments here and reached out to Alex via Alex Driving School for lessons to pass my roadtest. Alex was patient, understanding and very methodical in his teaching. His confidence in me helped boost my own confidence greatly and I was able to pass my driving test.

Thanks Alex!
Alona / June 4, 2015 at 09:49 am
took my BDE course package with Sprint Driving School in North York, in-class portion was very interesting and helpful and after my 10 driving lessons i went to the road test. it was easy as instructor actually prepared me well. great experience - will recommend that school and their instructors.
Tasha / June 4, 2015 at 10:12 am
Xxaminer is the Best driving school. The instructor Jewlz is a former DriveTest examiner and specializes in defense of driving rules of the road and especially how to pass the road test. Prices were very fair and reasonable and you get exactly what you pay for and more.
KC / June 5, 2015 at 10:58 am
Highly recommend All Star Driving School! Raki is an amazing instructor who is patient and friendly. He is really relaxed and easy going, with years of experience. He has a real passion for driving and teaching, and you can see he genuinely wants his students to pass.
Alberto S / June 7, 2015 at 11:18 am
I went to Alex Driving School. I passed the G2 driving test on my first try and it was all thanks to Alex!!! The lessons I took with him allowed me to get my license, but, most importantly, they made me a confident and safe driver.
Alex is not only an awesome driving instructor, he is a great guy! He is patient, encouraging and strong.
He knew how to play up my strengths and how to help me improve my weaknesses. I'm one in a long list of friends who took driving lessons with Alex and are very satisfied with the learning experience and the results. I can't recommend Alex enough. http://alexdrivingschool.weebly.com, he can be reached at (416) 500-6571
Beatrice / June 8, 2015 at 04:31 pm
I went to Alex Driving School. He was very patient, direct, understanding and helped me cope with my anxiety behind the wheel. I highly recommend Alex to anyone who struggles with nervousness and to those who want to be excellent drivers. Thanks Alex!
Conall / June 11, 2015 at 09:20 am
As with many other posters, I had an excellent experience with Alex's Driving School. I took Young Drivers years ago and Alex was far superior to my instructor there. He was very perceptive regarding my strengths and weaknesses, and he had extremely easy to follow methods for parallel parking, reverse parking, etc. Going up to Finch station was a little out of my way but it was definitely worth it. I passed my G2 on my first attempt. http://alexdrivingschool.weebly.com/
Christopher / June 12, 2015 at 12:09 pm
I highly recommend Alex’s Driving School to anyone who wishes to improve their driving skills and achieve their driving goals.

Alex is an awesome person and a fantastic driving instructor. After struggling to prepare for the G examination on my own, I was recommended by a close friend to Alex’s Driving School. Knowledgeable, confident, and supportive, he helped me make my driving much smoother, calmer, and safer, fully preparing me for my G2 exit test to attain my G license. Thank you Alex!

Check out his website at http://alexdrivingschool.weebly.com and you can contact him at (416)-500-6571.
Sam / June 13, 2015 at 09:20 pm
You have tried the rest now try the best.
Give www.KaratDriving.ca a try. Ask for Yakov and he'll book you in for an amazing driving experience. Don't believe me? Ask around.
Lindy / June 17, 2015 at 06:54 pm
All star driving has been awesome! I've completed the in class lessons and just finished my in car sessions with Raky. He's great, and I'm very confident that I'll pass my G2!
Jack / June 20, 2015 at 02:03 pm
I am a dyslexic driver and Karat Driving Academy helped me pass on my 2nd try.
www.karatdriving.ca or https://www.facebook.com/KaratDrivingAcademy.
john / June 24, 2015 at 01:51 pm
i went to Lamborghini Driving School. They were good in teaching.. i passed right away.i found them on Groupon.they charge me $129.00+hst for two laps. highly recommend.

Giovanna / June 27, 2015 at 07:40 am
Alex Driving School is probably one of the best driving schools in Toronto. I'm surprised it's not mentioned on this list. Alex is a very patient, professional and versatile teacher who makes even the most anxious drivers comfortable driving. I was a very anxious driver with previous driving lesson experience but it did not compare to Alex's calm and clear teaching style. I passed my first driving test and will definitely be returning to Alex to prepare for my full G license! Highly recommend!! http://alexdrivingschool.weebly.com/ 416-500-6751
Lauren / June 27, 2015 at 12:43 pm
After reading through all these reviews, I decided to try Alex Driving School. Was a really good decision. I am an experienced driver from another country and in less than a week with Alex I had my full G. He helped me to quickly learn Canadian road rules and all the nuances with driving here. He also taught me defensive driving skills that will help in Canada winters. Super good guy, easy to get along with, made everything simple. He's my new go to guy if you're looking for a good driving instructor.
Brittany / June 30, 2015 at 10:34 am
After reading all the positive reviews , I decided to go with All Star Driving School. My instructor was Moe and he taught me everything I needed to know in order to pass my G1 exam. Of course I passed the test and i definitely recommend him for your driving experience.
Idris / June 30, 2015 at 10:41 am
When I first started driving with Mo I was extremely scared, but he made feel comfortable and always went into a deep explation to help me understand and feel more confident. At the end of my training I was able to get my g2 on my first try at one of the hardest MTO'S in Toronto I would recommend this school to anyone who is a new driver.
Idris / June 30, 2015 at 10:45 am
Sorry forgot to mention that the school was allstar driving school (Toronto location)
Neick / July 3, 2015 at 05:07 pm
Learn Safe's instructor constantly texts, and make phone calls when you're driving, and takes you on the same road over and over again. I really don't recommend this school.
Jack / July 4, 2015 at 04:36 pm
Check out Karat!
Mike / July 7, 2015 at 10:28 pm
All Nations Driving school is one of the best driving schools, they are very patient and I got my G after my first try with them . I highly recommend this school because the teachers are very kind and understanding. They work seven days a week and are highly qualified for working with nervous drivers.
Chris Petersen replying to a comment from LA / July 12, 2015 at 09:41 am
After 30 years of teaching driving in Ontario, Young Drivers of Canada is the only school I will recommend.They have high standards for driver instructors, in-car and in-class. They are the only school with quality control that is applied regularly and thoroughly.
Any school that highlights Road Test pass rate is feeding your ego, teaching you only what you want, not what you need. Ontario roads are filled with drivers who have not been taught what they need to know.
When a driver does not know what to do they stop in the middle of the road to think. Have you ever seen that driver? These drivers make slow, uncertain, random decisions and "Hope!" they live through the ordeal. Too often they cause accidents and take others with them.
Learn how to know you are getting professional help by calling several local driving schools. Avoid the 'fund raiser' High School programs like the plague they are known to be.
laurel / July 18, 2015 at 08:47 am
Alex is seriously one of the best driving teachers out there. He was able to get me ready to pass my G test from having had no driving experience for almost 8 years, in just a couple of months. He is patient, very attentive to correct errors, and his prices are really good. I had two classes with Golan driving school and that guy is an asshole - not worth it at all! Alex really made me feel very prepared and made sure I knew exactly what would happen and be asked of me during the test. I highly highly recommend!
Jerusha / July 19, 2015 at 07:41 pm
I have to reccommend Alex Driving School (alexdrivingschool.weebly…). Alex is a very professional instructor with years of experience teaching. In 5 months, he took me from a point where I was too terrified to drive to the end of my own (very quiet) street, to a point where I am now happy to drive on the 401 in heavy traffic. I am so grateful to Alex for his perseverance and attitude towards my driving - I can't reccommend him highly enough. He charges reasonable prices and is always professional about arranging lessons, and accomodating other requests that I had related to driving. He is very knowledgeable, and always willing to help where ever he can. He has always been able to fit me in for lessons, sometimes at quite short notice too!
Kyle / July 24, 2015 at 03:13 pm
How much does Alex Driving school charge? hours in class, # of hours on road, car for drive test etc.
I've been trying to get in touch with them for 2 weeks but they seem busy. Managed to get Alex on the phone once but he said he was teaching and to call back later, which I did but went to VM.

Any help would be appreciated. What are your view about 'Todays driver' on the Danforth?
joseph / July 24, 2015 at 11:09 pm
I went to a driving school for my G2, not a BDE course, the guy took my phone number, name, birthday ... two days later I get a call from some dentist I never ever known before who wants to sign me up as a patient!

So where did you get my phone number and name from?

There is a law, look it up, it is called PIPEDA

unless you are looking for a BDE course the schools are FORBIDDEN to collect your personal information
If they do you can call the ministry and let the ministry know

Collecting people's personal information is illegal in Canada
Jhon / August 1, 2015 at 06:15 pm
By far the best driving school in Scarborough is definitely Arrowstar Driving School. The top 10 list that has been given needs to seriously be updated. Check out www.arrowstar.ca for all your driving needs. Billal is the best instructor in Toronto with 20 years of teaching. I passed the first time and he was professional. Call him at 6478851702
Peter / August 1, 2015 at 06:18 pm
Billal Qazi is one of the coolest driving instructor in the Gta with a very cool car. I passed my road test with flying colors. Check him out at Arrowstar Driving School in Scarborough.
Glen / August 11, 2015 at 04:42 pm
Big thanks to the forum members who directed me to Alex driving school. With strong driving experience, he was able to pinpoint where i was going wrong. Being a seasoned driver, I picked up a lot of bad driving habits along the way. Alex did patiently guide me and got me driving the correct and safe way as prescribed in the drivers handbook.
Kudos to Alex driving school.
Bahar / August 11, 2015 at 08:13 pm
I just got my G2 thanks to Raky from the All Star Driving School branch in Toronto. I have to say that learning from him was extremely beneficial to me, especially as a new driver, and I would not have chosen to do it any other way. As an instructor, Raky is devoted to teaching his students in a tailored manner, suited to their unique learning styles. He's patient, funny, and personable - the exact opposite of every driving instructor horror story you've ever heard. 10/
Bahar replying to a comment from Bahar / August 11, 2015 at 08:18 pm
(Continued from the original comment) - 10/10 would recommend Raky to any person in Toronto who would love to become a responsible and expert driver.
Natalie / August 12, 2015 at 07:10 pm
I took driving lessons with Raki through All Star. He was super nice and layed back. He prepared me for my test really well and I passed on the first try.
Kat / August 14, 2015 at 04:13 pm
If you're looking for a great driving instructor I definitely recommend Alex from Alex's Driving School. With my G2 license expiring soon I was a wreck. Alex was very patient and was very clear in his instructions and kept me focused. On the day of the test he helped me through my nervousness and helped me relax. I got my G yesterday. Thanks Alex!! :) Alex's number is 416-500-6571.
Lyla / August 15, 2015 at 05:29 pm
All star driving school has rude, irresponsible driving instructors who are impatient and text the entire time you drive. My guy even yelled at me for making mistakes. (They weren't even dangerous mistakes, there were no cars anywhere.) The in class instruction was useless. They tell you the answers to the test at the end, because no one knows anything. The teacher just talked about how he used to do drugs and crash his car all the time, and when he gets on a relevant topic, he says "You know what, I don't feel like teaching this right now". To summarize, totally incompetent and a waste of money and time.
mike / August 18, 2015 at 02:55 pm
Just got my fullG today! Had G1 and some foreign driving experience. Alex, from Alexdriving school 416 500 6571, made it fast easy and fun! Recommend! Good prices and the guy is really great!
Yurii Chernyshov / August 19, 2015 at 07:26 pm
I found Alex few weeks ago when searched for the Drive Teacher. I am new in Toronto and my origin driving experience allows me to get attempt for the Full G directly. Based on this, he started to adapt my drive experience towards the local rules and regulations, without any pressure, without frequent interaction into my driving actions, just guiding me to to the correct way of the behaviour on the road.

Today I passed Full G exam successfully straight from G1, from the first attempt and it was not so hard as I expected. Still, I am of the opinion that it could be more difficult without his lessons.

Recommend !
Yurii Chernyshov replying to a comment from Yurii Chernyshov / August 19, 2015 at 07:27 pm
Link to my previous comment:
Vivien / August 20, 2015 at 09:28 pm
Successfully achieved my G2 and G licence on my first try all thanks to Alex. Alex is a fantastic driving instructor - flexible and supportive he has given me confidence to achieve my G2 licence on my first try. A year later and with just a few days to prepare, I was able to successfully achieve my G licence. Alex corrected my personal driving habits that I've developed ever since our last lesson and within 3 lessons he eased my anxiety and changed me into a confident and safe driver. Alex is patient, professional and dedicated I would highly recommend him, call 416 500 6571.
Alex / August 21, 2015 at 08:12 pm
All star driving all the way!! Good teachers and amazing instructors. I had Raky, amazing driving instructor and a even better guy! I recommend this school just because of him.
James Route / August 27, 2015 at 01:18 am
I recommend the myrouteonline,best School
you have posted useful list of Driving school
Alyssa / August 28, 2015 at 02:32 am
Hi-Tech Driving school has the qualified instructors who are helpful and professional at the same time. These instructors will teach you everything that is essential to become a safe driver. My driving has improved a lot since I have got training lessons from there. That's why I passed my driving test in first attempt. If you're looking for a driving school in North York, I suggest...
Hi Tech Driving School - http:// www.hitechdriver.com
Marisol Cartagena / August 31, 2015 at 11:10 am
Hello Everyone! I just passed my G Highway test this morning. I'm so happy! It was all thanks to my amazing instructor Alex from Alex's driving school. He is the best and I highly recommend him to everyone. His wonderful personality and excellent work ethic makes him the BEST driving instructor. Give him a call at 416 500 6571. His website is: alexdrivingschool.weebly.com. I'm glad to be his reference and a graduate from his driving! Have a fun safe driving!