Monday, December 22, 2014Cloudy 0°C
Sports & Play

The top 10 driving schools in Toronto

Posted by Rick McGinnis / March 30, 2014

driving school torontoThe top driving schools in Toronto are struggling for students in an age when the first thing a boy wants for his sixteenth birthday is less likely to be the keys to the family car. What was once a rite of passage completed before prom is now postponed until after college or even to the day when buses and subways are no longer the best way to get a week's shopping for a family.

The size and professionalism of driving schools vary, from slick operations with logos and matching shirts on their instructors and branches all over the city or even the province, to fly-by-night rackets run out of a rented desk in a strip mall with a single wheezy Accord.

There are a lot of driving schools in Toronto, but this list was narrowed down by rejecting the ones not registered with the Ministry of Transportation. Most offer the provincially-approved Beginner Driver Education program, and all offer at the very least the minimum of twenty hours of classroom work and ten hours each of homework and in-car instruction.

You can, of course, pay the minimum in registration and test fees and get your brother-in-law to teach you the rules of the road in his lowered Golf with the catback exhaust. What you will do is pay more insurance when you get your license, and might never get anyone to tell you how to control a skid or drive like an adult, so for your sake and everyone else who shares a road with you, it's worth looking into any of these driving schools.

Young Drivers of Canada
This national driving school has six locations in Toronto as well as other branches in Pickering, Richmond Hill, Newmarket and Mississauga, so they're no fly-by-night outfit. Packages can get expensive, ranging from $265.48 for two 90-minute in-car sessions to nearly $1500 for a deluxe package that includes driving on gravel. They've even trademarked their Collisionfree!(TM) program, and insist that, despite their name, they're as suitable to an anxious middle-aged non-driver as they are for cocky 16-year-olds who dream of smoky burnouts.

AMB Driving School
With locations in Toronto and all over the 905, AMB is a classic driving school geared for young drivers who want to get on the road ASAP. They offer a 4-day course tailored for students with free days to get the twenty hours of classroom study out of the way fast, in addition to special courses for stick shift driving and for mature and senior drivers who need to brush up on their road skills.

Brisa Driving School
Located at Jane in Weston, this driving school teaches lessons in Spanish and English and boasts a quaint website that screams 1997 internet. The full driving course involves 25 hours of in-class learning as opposed to the usual 20, and fourteen 45-minute in-car sessions with an instructor, for around $450.

Golan Driving School
This interestingly-named driving school, based in Downsview, specializes in evening classroom sessions, so it's perfect for young adults past the "Dad, can I borrow the car?" stage. The full course is a very affordable $499 with MTO certificate. They'll rent you a vehicle for your road test with a prep lesson for $99, and offer individual hour long lessons for $45.

All Nations Driving School
With five locations in Etobicoke, Vaughan, Mississauga and Woodbridge, this school has the far west side of the city well covered. A range of packages from $99 for two lessons and a road test to the deluxe $590 option which includes fifteen hours of in-car instruction and use of a car for your road test.

All Star Driving School
All Star Driving School offers 2 locations in Etobicoke and Mississauga. In business since 1987, they specialize in teaching collision-free, defensive driving techniques through the mandatory 20 hours in the classroom and 10 hours of in car lessons. Call 416.742.6679 for rates.

Winston's Driving Academy
Based out on the Danforth by Woodbine, they advertise that they "Specialize in Nervous and Stressful Drivers," which means they're happy to take on everybody's least favorite new drivers - the delayed, middle-aged types who've taken transit for too long, and drivers road-shy after accidents. Two packages are offered, the more expensive of which ($410) includes loan of a vehicle for the road test.

CAA
The Canadian Automotive Association has 38 approved driving schools across Ontario, including one in Mississauga and All City Driving School on Jane Street in Mount Dennis. CAA provides their curriculum in addition to their guarantee of compliance with MTO regulations that will allow early driving tests.

Canadian Tire Driving School
The Toronto location of the hardware chain's driving academy is in Leslieville, which might be all some east end driving hopefuls need to know. More good news is that it offers a range of programs, from a deluxe beginning driver's course for $948 to packages for seniors and new Canadians, individual driving lessons and loan of a car for your road test.

Learn Safe Driving Academy
Considering how many teen drivers have spent days, if not weeks, driving in video games before they ever get behind the wheel of a real car, this east end driving school's advertised use of a driving simulator as part of their classes is rather slick. They offer a full course and three mini programs for the budget conscious, drivers re-testing, or that small minority whose parents were able to teach them road basics without tears or shouting.

BONUS

Drive Maxx
This Downsview driving school boasts of a high first-time pass rate for their students, which is a brave boast to make when, depending on location, failure rates in Ontario range from a third to a half. Three tiers of packages range from $375 for the MTO minimum of classroom and in-car time to $700 for twenty hours of in-car instruction and the road test.

Shaun de Jager Driver Development
This one man driving school is based around de Jager, a performance driving instructor whose school teaches everything from tactical and track driving to driving on snow and country roads, and rehabilitation for drivers recovering from accidents and surgery.

What did I miss? Add your favourite driving school to the comments below.

Photo by Ashton Pal in the blogTO Flickr pool

Karen / March 30, 2014 at 12:30 pm
When I googled Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving, they showed up on a list of schools that has their MTO approval revoked.

Dr. Kukko / March 30, 2014 at 01:58 pm
I recommend the Rob Ford School of Drunk Driving on Disco Road.
Allotha Faginah / March 30, 2014 at 02:47 pm
Who a need a driving school? You a pay cousin Vinny, he oganize with a driving test a person, you pass. Badda bing badda bang. Eh oh oh eh, you no a like your teacher, no a problem Uncle Tony he a know a someone who kow a someone. Your teacher he a go missing. Problem Gone. Badda bing badda bang.
Nadia / March 30, 2014 at 03:08 pm
I recently completed my G2, and I realized that you didnt put on the list Triumph defensive driving. I have to say that It was a great school. I havent tried other schools, but to sit on a saturday from 9-1 and not to be falling asleep it had to be interesting. I learned a lot. and I passed my g2 first try.!!!!

Highly recommended and fairly priced!!!!!!
LA / March 30, 2014 at 04:16 pm
This list is very helpful. I have told myself that I am DEFINITELY going to finally get my G2 before I turn 40. I'm 35 now. I went to Guide on Dundas West (near Ossington) and it was horrible. Horrible instructor, strange vibes, made my fear of driving even worse. I will try Young Driver's (wish there was a school called "Old Drivers" for people like me!) and see how that goes. I hate driving lessons. A lot.
Ph McKee / March 30, 2014 at 07:57 pm
A formula 1 Driving School was amazing ! I passed both my G 2 and G the very first time!
Jeff and Masood were truly amazing. Not only do they treat you like family, they give you the skills to drive & survive collision free. I've not had one incident of driving I couldn't handle and it's been worry free driving for 12 years now. And I saved 51% on car insurance! I'm going to call them now in Maple to learn to drive manual to rent a car across Europe!
Ph Mckee
Darryl / March 30, 2014 at 08:00 pm
anyone know of a good driving school to learn standard? (and before anyone says ask a friend, no one seems to want to damage their clutch).
Symthe / March 30, 2014 at 08:05 pm
Yup A Formula 1 in Maple are the real deal. They cost a little more but are honest punctual and extremely professional. I was stresses and phobic about driving and Jeff is truly an expert. I went for a few lessons for my highway test with Masood and passed saving hundreds of dollars on insurance and retest fees. Check them out if you're serious about learning to drive. Formula 1 rules!
Patty Smythe
C.Troy / March 31, 2014 at 12:15 am
Darryl- Young Drivers does standard but they only have one instructor for it in Toronto cause demand isn't that high.
DO NOT GO TO CANADIAN TIRE!
These people took my money then cancelled my course and would not refund my money and said that I would take it at "another time" .
I did end up getting my money (short of showing up with a tire iron) and went to Young Drivers. It is expensive as hell but worth it.
chemical_echo / March 31, 2014 at 06:06 am
Went to All Nations for in car lessons to get back into driving after giving up driving due to an instructor at another school putting me down so bad I swore I'd never drive again.
Instructor helped me get over my anxiety, built up my confidence, and helped me pass my test on my first try.
Money well spent.
Shane Bond Lary / March 31, 2014 at 11:21 am
I am from Ireland, came to Canada in 2012. I found Learn Safe Driving Academy is affordable and friendly. Passed G in first shot.
Brent / March 31, 2014 at 10:57 pm
I went through Young Drivers back in '94 and have no complaints.

I would take Peter's off this list for the incessant flyers taped to TTC shelters. It was an epidemic a couple of years back.
Steve / April 1, 2014 at 09:48 am
Golan is great. Very nice people, skilled instructors, flexible, good pricing.
Rob Ford / April 1, 2014 at 09:02 pm
If you wait until after October, I'll teach how to drive....drunk driving techniques included!
Nicole / April 2, 2014 at 10:33 am
I went to Alex's driving school. He was excellent. Really great teacher and made me feel comfortable behind the wheel. Used to be an examiner, but decided to start his own school awhile back. Lessons take place north of the city at Finch station, but it's totally worth the commute.
416-500-6571
Teen Drivers / April 3, 2014 at 07:20 am
I live in Downtown got full G licence from Learn Safe Driving Academy while ago, I recommend this school value for money. Www.drivingschoolintoronto.com
Ayaz Tutla / April 4, 2014 at 05:42 pm
Have you heard of Todays Driver Driving School? They are at Danforth and Pape. All members of my Family and relatives learned from them and passed in the first go.
mman / April 5, 2014 at 02:02 pm
don't use Peter Drivers on Sheppard, the instructor buys his lunch on your time, eats his lunch and talks on the phone while you are driving. my daughter learned nothing from this man. his wife taught the in class lessons and she was so boring and basically read from the book to the class. waste of money.
Julie / May 6, 2014 at 04:04 pm
I booked the Canadian Tire course a month in advance for four weeks of tuesday and thursday night in-class sessions. They called me the morning of my first scheduled lesson to tell me the whole course had been cancelled due to low enrollment. Really disappointing - I had planned it well in advance, and then planned a month's worth of scheduling around the class. Next offered class wasn't for two more months. They take full course payment when you register and I was unimpressed with already letting them have my $1071 (taxes in) for a month. I wasn't about to let them hang onto it for another two months, so I asked for, and received, a refund. Disappointing customer service and back to the drawing board for me.
Vik The Truth / May 15, 2014 at 02:36 pm
DO NOT go to Peter's Driving Academy and AMB Driving school, they both had their licenses revoked and are useless places. I went to Peter's like 5 years ago and it was shitty, luckily I known to drive 90% good already and didn't need to depend on their "teachings". After researching online now I see their revocation and numerous news articles on sexual harassment and bad service from them lol. Please do your research before picking schools. BlogTO should be ashamed to post this list, did they even do 1 hours worth of research before compiling this?
Kathleen / May 16, 2014 at 11:43 am
there are couple of good school in your list but the rest of i totally disagree i don't know what parameters you use to created this list as other user mentioned about Peter's Driving Academy they are in MTO's Revoked driving school list and MTO closed 5 of their locations but in your list its on Top amazing , well i can share my personal Learning Experience i went to Globe Driving Academy Best Rates Amazing Service check their Reviews if you have question you will find my name there too :) i love the in class and in car session instructors are very educated, good thing i like in them they care about their students i passed my Test in First Go My friend recommended me to Globe Driving Academy she got it in first try as well i will highly Recommend to all ages Globe Driving Academy is very Good school, well any school you go make sure you check their Reputation very easy google the driving school name and you will find it ;) Good luck
Robert. replying to a comment from Julie / May 18, 2014 at 02:58 pm
there are other good and affordable driving schools, try it
Kathleen replying to a comment from Julie / May 19, 2014 at 10:26 pm
hi Julie Try "Globe Driving Academy" its half the price you paid to Canadian Tire and very good driving school, you gonna love in class and in car sessions very flexible they have classes every Sat and Sunday and evening tuesday every week Good luck
Kathleen replying to a comment from Julie / May 19, 2014 at 10:28 pm
forgot to post their number julie , Globe Driving Academy , www.globedriving.ca , 647-351-8225
Ayaz / May 21, 2014 at 05:44 pm
This blog is not based on facts. I believe the writer hasnt done much research on this topic. I dont see Today's Driver on this list. You guys should try Today's Driver Driving School. My wife , My Sister and some of my Cousins have taken courses with them and passed our G2 and G on our first try in Toronto. Check them out, www.todaysdriver.ca 416-888-2318
rick / May 23, 2014 at 11:27 pm
does anyone know if a driving school in toronto that doesn't have indians?
James Paul / May 28, 2014 at 09:58 pm
http://www.drivingschoolintoronto.com try this driving school. My son he just signed up he just got licence from Learn Safe.
Shame MTO replying to a comment from rick / May 31, 2014 at 11:04 pm
Hi, Rick in Ontario so many industries are running by Immigrants Driving schools are one of them , unfortunately its very low wage job only immigrants are willing to work , 7 days a week 12 to 14 hour sitting in car, No Lunch break, No Compensation for Commuting From One student to second, No Family Life , after paying their Car insurance , Gas bill and repair n maintenance avg Instructor makes $10 an hour pretty much works 250 to 300 hours a Month, any white dude would like to work this dream job most welcome , and its all fault of your Canadian govt under them bunch of brainless people who Running MTO they don't even know how to run their home and they are running whole transportation Ministry, its Sad that you have only Indian , Pakistani ,asians in this industry and the way its running you will find very few Canadians working in it.
Lim y replying to a comment from rick / May 31, 2014 at 11:07 pm
Rick Try Globe Driving Academy i pass my test in first try here is web wwwglobedriving.ca
647-351-8225
Anne / June 2, 2014 at 11:31 pm
Great thread. I'm looking for an affordable and good instructor for in-car lessons. I didn't have a good experience with my previous instructor so I'll check some of these recommendations.
Hane / June 5, 2014 at 04:58 pm
Good discussion. My two cents - do not recommend Globe Driving Academy. The instructor was consistently late, rude, and strangely hostile towards Canada. Made for very awkward lessons.
Hane / June 5, 2014 at 04:59 pm
Also, it would be great if Globe Driving Academy could stop spamming this comments section. Thanks.
Samarah replying to a comment from Hane / June 6, 2014 at 11:25 am
I also went to Globe Driving Academy. I chose the school based on their reviews and affordable prices. The facility is clean and the staff member explained everything to me from scratch. I registered for BDE course, the class was good, in class teacher knows how to keep us going, and the material learned was very practical. Hane, I agree with you that the in car instructor I had was strange but I called the school and they switched my instructor within few hours. They have couple of instructors not just one so it was no issue to for them to switch. The instructor was extremely knowledgable and made driving like breathing. I also passed on my first try and that was at Downsview, which is considered a very difficult test centre. Overall, I am very happy with Globe Driving Academy, and would recommend it. If there are any issues take it to the office and they will take care of it right away.
--------------------------------------------
GLOBE DRIVING ACADEMY
(St.Clair & Dufferin in downtown Toronto)
www.globedriving.ca
647-351-8224
Nico replying to a comment from Hane / June 8, 2014 at 10:41 am
Hane i went to Globe driving Academy along with 5 other friends i found them amazing i pass my test in first try at Etobicoke Test Centre, if you had issue with 1 instructor you should have ask for different, in class and in car instructor were amazing, 4 of us passed our road test in first try, i highly Recommend Globe driving Academy , www.globedriving.ca
Dan / June 9, 2014 at 05:07 pm
I wonder how http://www.sprintdriving.com/ is not on this list? One of the best driving schools in the city!
Hellen Tyler / June 10, 2014 at 12:53 am
I went to All Wheels Driver Trainning school which also MTO approved and situated in North York.Its an best & affordable driving school in canada.
www.allwheelsdriver.com
phone no:416.497.0204
vidur / June 12, 2014 at 10:18 pm
I went to Globe Driving Academy its took me really long to finish my in car lessons due to my tight work schedule but at the end I passed! in first try my road test yesterday with almost Perfect score i would highly recommend this Driving School , i had previously horrible Experience with one driving School from Mississauga i hated everything but thanks to Globe Driving i have finally My Licence :) ,
Logick / June 13, 2014 at 04:17 pm
I also went to Globe Driving Acade--Wait a min, no. cuz if i went to a driving school, I wouldnt bother coming back to a website that informs (miserably) new students about good schools. shit doesnt make sense, but this spamm debate in the comments was good time kill
Alice / June 14, 2014 at 01:29 pm
DO NOT GO TO AMB Driving School. Terrible! Terrible, Terrible experience! Rude, sleezy, unprofessional instructors. Frequent lesson cancellation, talking on their phone throughout the lesson, not paying attention to the student, speaking in a rude, hostile manner, constantly harassing me to take extra classes. I was traumatized by the whole experience. Terrible! How can you have them on your list as a good school? I am positive this is consistent behaviour because I had different instructors, and I also spoke with other students who had similar experiences.
Kay replying to a comment from Karen / June 17, 2014 at 08:05 pm
Good to know - thanks Karen! Useful List!
Ziggy / June 25, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Hay everyone! if you are in Scarborough,Markham and in Stouffville area then check out Canadian Academy of Defensive Driving. Reasonable pricing,Professional Young and friendly Instructors. Call (416) 642-8549 for Scarborough and Markham south area and (416) 754-2233 for Stouffville and Markham North area. BTW they need to update this list,some of the driving school's mentioned are revoked or are scam artists!
Susan replying to a comment from Karen / July 8, 2014 at 01:27 pm
Peter's Driving Academy is approved. It bought Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving. Many teens in our neighbourhood have used Peter's.
oksi replying to a comment from Dan / July 11, 2014 at 01:00 pm
I agree with you Dan. Sprint Driving School has to be in the list. The website you indicated is for their truck driving department, they have another web site - www.sprint-driving.com where there is information about G licence.
Nikol / July 11, 2014 at 05:38 pm
I found that topic and just wanted to add my 2 cents here.
I have couple of friends who had very bad experience with their instructors,lessons and driving tests that I wanted to look for driving school reviews to decide where to go. My friends went for cheap but at the end they paid twice more as they were failing road tests and had to take more and more lessons, and believe me they are not stupid girls, it is just the quality of lessons was not there. When it was my turn to look for the driving school I was reading all the reviews I could find and I can tell you it really helped me.
not all the Toronto driving schools, good reviews exist for in the internet, in that top 10 list. Golan had very good reviews, Alex driving school too, Sprint Driving School has Facebook page and i could find a lot of really good reviews there as well as on Yelp and the school web site www.sprint-driving.com. They have link to their Facebook on their website pages. I called the school and talked to the owner - Igor Isaev, i can tell you what was promised to me during my initial conversation was delivered in the best manner. Very fair package price, driving lessons with the maximum attention to my mistakes, in-class lessons were very informative. Everybody in that school was so nice and polite. Igor was my instructor but i talked to other people in class and they were very happy with their instructors as well. I passed the test the first time and I believe other guys did as well as I saw couple of them at the center the same day and they passed too with good results. I recommended that school to my other 2 friends and they have registered already, when it will be their turn to drive me - I will not worry :), that is true, as my mom says now I have a good driving style, well thanks to my instructor. when you decide on the driving school - think about quality, you want to be safe on the road and thank you for the topic Rick.
Luigi Salvi / July 25, 2014 at 11:17 am
I take my classes to prepare for the G license with ALEX DRIVING SCHOOL and I can assure you that he is one of the most complete instructor you may need. He is patience, professional and have the hability to get you comfortable behind the steering wheel. I just get my G license at the first and unique try. I strongly recommend Alex Driving School.
Sonya replying to a comment from Susan / July 28, 2014 at 03:36 pm
@ SUSAN: PLEASE GO TO http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/revoked.shtml

SCROLL DOWN AND HERE I LIST THEM FOR YOU AS THE REVOKED MTO DRIVING SCHOOL ITS CURRENT TODAY IS MONDAY JULY 28 2014 3:35PM EST.
Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving
Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving
8130 Shepard Avenue East., Suite 205, Toronto, ON M1B 3W3
Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving
965 Dundas Street West, Unit 201, Whitby ON L1P 1G8
905-665-3150
AJoc replying to a comment from C.Troy / July 28, 2014 at 05:02 pm
The EXACT same thing happened to me with Canadian Tire and the ALSO said they wouldn't refund me. They did and YES, I was just short of a tire iron as well. The laymans term for them is thieves. Take your money to provide you a service, deny you the service and keep your money= theft. FUCK THEM.
I also ended up at Young Drivers and while it certainly wasn't cheap it has made me an excellent driver. track record proves it.
MORAL OF THE STORY: DO NOT GIVE MONEY OR TIME TO CANADIAN TIRE.
Karina / July 30, 2014 at 12:41 pm
I will keep my comment short and sweet. At the end of the day, if you are located in North York, in need of a quick preparation for G2/G or a full course and trying to stay away from emptying out your wallet...I would HIGHLY recommend SPRINT Driving School. They are recently under new management and two of my friends as well as myself just recently completed our courses there. VERY flexible and absolutely GREAT instructors(we all had different ones). Will not disappoint. GOOD LUCK AND DRIVE SAFE!
Vlatko / August 11, 2014 at 12:35 pm
I would highly recommend Alex from Alex Driving School. My G driver license has expired and I had to go again through the hoops and loops of having it reinstated. I took a class with Alex the day I had my G2 test. He corrected me where it was needed and reinsured that I was ready to take the test. I successfully passed it a few hours later. No nonsense, no gimmicks, just plain good driving lesson. Thanks Alex!

416-500-6571
Edmund replying to a comment from LA / August 15, 2014 at 08:28 pm
It's pity that you had to go through the bad experience "in car lessons" ... Just because the instructor has a "certificate" does not mean he/she has what it takes to be an effective teacher. Compassion/ patience & loads more qualities are needed to be good instructor.

Edmund P
416 985 9396
Igor / August 19, 2014 at 04:55 pm
Absolutely agree with you, Edmund. To have a certificate doesn't mean you are a good teacher.
The good results of your students this is what is makes you a good teacher.
Every time you are looking for driving school – check the web, read what school students say – the real feedback from real people(Facebook, forums) and not those displayed on the websites.
Many driving instructors call themselves “Driving School” where individual has only a driving instructor licence and not the school.
Driving School in Canada has to be approved by MTO, it is a long process actually, as the MTO is really doing good checking. All instructors in the school must have all valid certificates and permits and the driving instructor car insurance or school can be shut down. And this is the only place that can provide you with the MTO approved BDE Course and, after you complete the course, will issue you the MTO certificate for the insurance discount.
Sprint Driving School guarantees to give you the best driving education possible. The School’s In-Class and In-Car instructors are all very experienced professionals.

Read the School Facebook Page reviews website

Igor Isaev, the owner.
416-402-4124
Irem / August 20, 2014 at 01:06 pm
I went to Alex's Driving School to practice for my full G license. He is really professional, excellent teacher, very patient and makes sure you are comfortable on the wheel. I would recommended him to everyone from all levels to learn safe and confident driving: http://alexdrivingschool.weebly.com
416-500-6571
Sophie / August 21, 2014 at 03:18 pm
Recently completed my full BDE course with the Sprint Driving School http://www.sprintdriving.com/and passed my test on the first try.
I don't know where else I could get it done so efficiently quality, time and money wise. Highly recommend it.
ryan / August 21, 2014 at 10:01 pm
Arrowstar Driving school in scarborugh was a wonderful experience. Young proffesionals serving the community. Reasonable rates good instructors that speak clear english. all Billal the owner at 647-885-1702 for all your driving needs. By far the best driving school in scarborough.
Igor replying to a comment from Sophie / August 26, 2014 at 01:24 pm
it is just the Sprint Driving School web site you posted belongs to the truck driving department, where you completed your course at http://www.sprint-driving.com/
Gary / August 29, 2014 at 02:55 pm
Hey people
I highly recommend SPRINT DRIVING SCHOOL!!!!!
I have a very good experience with that school.
Especially with Igor!!!!
Good instructor, great person.
Thanks Igor!!!
keep cool !!!
Rishanth Kugathas / September 6, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Hi Guys
I would recommend this school National Driving Institute (http://nationaldriving.ca/), the prices are fair and they are great, it suited me as i was a university student, so they managed to fit me after classes finished and they were really patient with me.
Liliya / September 11, 2014 at 11:29 pm
I highly recommend Alex's Driving School. I used to drive in my native country for a couple of years and thought I knew how to drive. Last month I booked a road test in Downsview, being sure I would easily pass it. But I failed... My husband recommended me to take a few lessons with an instructor, and I was lucky to meet Alex who gradually, step by step, pointed to all my mistakes on the road, and taught me useful and safe driving techniques. I am very grateful to Alex for his professionalism, patience and good taste of humor. He can deal with any student, because he has a talent for teaching. Yesterday I passed my road exam successfully! Thank you so much Alex!
aj / September 12, 2014 at 06:55 pm
As I'm reading all the comments, I haven't notice All Nations. Sure you pay $590 for in class and driving lessons but what they don't tell you is this. Never answer phones. Classes are completely monotone (make sure you bring a cot). Booking driving lessons is restricted and cancelled last minute. Booking your test is their choice for location and time. Failure is inevitable. X 3. Make sure you have a minimum of $500 for multiply road tests. OMG how are they one of the top 10? Stay away or you'll go broke!!!!!!
Liliya / September 14, 2014 at 11:55 am
Hi guys. I forgot to mention the contacts of Alex's Driving School. Phone # is 416 500-6571, and his website is alexdrivingschool.weebly.com. I am sure you will enjoy driving lessons with him and easily pass the road exam. Good luck!
thomas gary / September 15, 2014 at 10:35 am
Hi Guy's, hope you fine!!
i have joined All Wheels Driver training in toronto. they people have best knowledge over driving. i thanking you all team for wonderful support and i recommended to all All Wheels Driver training.
Vinay / September 15, 2014 at 04:36 pm
Hey Guys,

I highly recommend Alex's Driving School for your driving lesson . Please read the contact details below at the end. This guy Alex, is having a extreme knowledge and experience in his field. He is confident and person with right attitude. This was my first ever driving experience in canada and Alex just made it simple and comfortable in each and every way. He posses very unique and easy techniques when it comes to driving. we all get sceptical when it comes to parallel, reverse parking , 3 point turn etc. but with Alex I just learnt it with no time and i have never heard about these techniques from anybody. I just passed my G2 in my first attempt and all credits goes to Alex. He is very comfortable and friendly person and he never forgets to give some really good tips for your driving class. He is good teacher and a good motivator. Below are the contact details:-
Phone:- 416 500-6571
Website:- alexdrivingschool.weebly.com

All the best !!!
Maria / September 16, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Hi Guys, I'm also fan of Alex's Driving school! Passed my road test about 3 hours ago! Alex was awesome: super patient but still called me out on every little mistake I made so I would stop doing it. He broke down all the maneuvers into easy to remember steps (I can park like a pro!). I'm so glad he was recommended to me by a friend. Glad I'm not the first to leave positive review for him.
joe / September 22, 2014 at 09:48 pm
Don't waste your money with all Star Driving school, a friend of mine
got many hours of driving lessons for his G road test and he failed, not just first time even after that. He went to St Clair West to all star school and even he had to get lessons at 7 am with no results :(
Hellen Tyler replying to a comment from thomas gary / September 23, 2014 at 10:46 am
Yes,It is best driving school in Toronto,Markham,Scarborough & North York.
Olena / September 25, 2014 at 09:39 pm
I highly recommend SPRINT driving school. The best SPRINT's teacher is Igor , very talented and hardworking. His explanations are very clear and intelligible. All my family and some of my friends are Igor's students. Thank you, Igor for your teaching!!!
Ali jabran / October 2, 2014 at 06:22 pm
All star and all nations both are shit school highly disorganized I tried both failed my test twice with all nation Driving school and twice with all star Driving school , all they waste your time go straight is their favorite part of training I usually start my lesson either on kippling ave , martin grove , or Islington ave all you go down to the lakeshore and then come back to your starting point that's where I spent my 70% or driving training time result failed 4 time , complete rip off who ever wants to try go ahead and cry
alex j. / October 2, 2014 at 06:29 pm
Hey guys google " Best Driving school or Best Driving school Toronto" you will get the high rated driving schools in Toronto read their review make calls select the best treat you problem finish , that's how I found one for me ;)
Sarah replying to a comment from Ali jabran / October 3, 2014 at 10:06 am
Hi Ali Jabran, this is Sarah from All Star Driving School, we have looked into all of our records we DO NOT SEE your name on our private list or our Full Course List. I highly advise you not to lie or make false comments against driving schools. All comments have MAC IP Address and are Traceable. If you had any problems or issues can call us directly and advise us and we would address your concerns or issues promptly and professionally. Tel: 416 742-6679
amr chabana / October 14, 2014 at 05:14 pm
Phone:- 416 500-6571
Website:- alexdrivingschool.weebly.com

guys, i move to To thinking I knew how to drive, failed my test of course, after that i took lessons with Alex, he's awesome, taught me things I didn't know even though I am an experienced driver…

after a few lessons ipassed the test, thanks Alex you the Bes
Raj Sharma / October 16, 2014 at 06:29 pm
prices are competitive http://www.drivingschoolintoronto.com/
Bee / October 23, 2014 at 10:27 pm
Hi, I think that Globe Driving Academy was totally spamming up this wall earlier, but anyway, I actually DO want to say some good things about them. I found that their prices are really low, and although in one sense one can always count on getting what one pays for (in this case, the organization leaves a lot to be desired, I suppose, and the classroom is a bit dismal... ) I was surprised and happy to see that the instructor for the weekend courses made the whole thing worth my time and money. He has a bit of a silly sense of humour, but he certainly knows his shit and he seems to care that we become good drivers. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually had some fun at driver's ed thanks to his cheery disposition. It's probably not the best driving school in town, but if you can look at it from the right angle it's definitely not a horrible one either!
Rob / October 26, 2014 at 05:55 pm
Took some lessons with Alex driving school for my G2 and Alex was so amazing I had to refer my dad and took G class driving lessons with him just this past week. He knows exactly what's going to be on the test and prepares you very well. Not only is he very knowlegable but he has a great personality. I would recommend if your looking for lessons just call him and talk to him. I'm sure you will be satisfied. Tel: (416) 500-6571
Nikita / October 27, 2014 at 10:44 pm
I got to say thank you to Alex Driving School, last year Alex helped me to pass my G2 test. This year I passed my G test on the first try all thanks to Alex. He is very Knowledgeable, very patient, and he is great at building confidence in your driving skills. I would recommend Alex if you just started learning how to drive or if you need to refresh your memory.

alexdrivingschool.weebly.com
Tel: (416) 500-6571
Ezee / October 29, 2014 at 11:38 am
I just wanted to thank Saleem for all his help and confidence during his driving lessons. He is definitely an outstanding instructor and because of him I was able to complete my G test right on time! He was very thorough in explaining everything and he made it easy to learn to drive on the road. He is also very patient and calm which makes it easier to feel comfortable and confident in learning. I would definitely recommend Saleem and Ezee Driving School to anyone and it is definitely worth the time and experience!
Joseph / November 1, 2014 at 11:45 am
Yesterday I walked into a driving school and they wanted to scan my drivers licence and keep it on their computer, I said NO.

A driver's licence image with your signature, your photo, address, date of birth, first and last name can definitely be used by identity thieves.

All the school needs is your drivers licence nr, name and possibly address

Right?

Mike / November 2, 2014 at 07:10 pm
If you really want a good,honest,professional driving school go to EXPERT DRIVERS SCHOOL,2400 MIDLAND AVE, SUITE 202,SCARBOROUGH,ONT.They have been in business since 1983.
They have good rates.Most of their students pass first time.They speak good English.They don't eat,drink,shop or do personal errands on your time,or talk on the cell phone while teaching you.They don't have more than 1 person in the car.They don't pick up and drop off other students like a taxi service when they teach you.They don't trick you to go out of Toronto for a test and charge you $300.00 more with no guarantee of passing your test.
Mike / November 2, 2014 at 07:11 pm
Their phone number is 416 - 750 -3811
Sunny / November 4, 2014 at 09:12 pm
I went to Good Drivers in Mississauga they were really good very affordable and professional. Highly recommend Good Drivers
Denis / November 5, 2014 at 09:43 pm
Used to drive with Alex's driving school. Balanced and very confident instructor. I like his style, he teaches you to feel comfortable on the road. Usually we started from Finch on passengers pickup zone - very convenient. Passed my G full from 1st time nearly perfect!
I strongly recommend Alex.
416-500-6571
Nicole / November 7, 2014 at 12:59 pm
I just finished lessons with Globe Driving Academy and it was an amazing experience for me. These lessons helped with my confidence and taught me how to drive very well and with patience. I had a great driving instructor named Raza who taught me all the driving techniques that were examined during my G2 and G driving tests. I would recommend this driving school to all new drivers.
Tia replying to a comment from Liliya / November 9, 2014 at 10:37 am
Do you have an estimate of how much cost per driving lesson and how many lessons did you take before the final test?
btec driving / November 11, 2014 at 12:08 am
We have a tendency to confirm our learners have learned one thing new at the top of every lesson, and become safe drivers once they pass. Visit here http://www.btec-driving.com
findme atest / November 11, 2014 at 05:47 am
Amazing, got a text among forty five minutes, test found, took my check five days later and passed. Will we certainly suggest to friends. More information contact on web site http://findmeatest.co.uk
flash drivingschool / November 11, 2014 at 06:20 am
We square measure a "Fully Qualified Driving Instructors Only" college, providing driving lessons in London; we have a tendency to do driving lessons Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets and components of metropolis. More information contact on web site http://www.flashdrivingschool.co.uk
ki / November 16, 2014 at 09:13 am
Any good driving schools in Mississauga, Oakville and Burlington area?
Cybilasaurus replying to a comment from Allotha Faginah / November 18, 2014 at 11:08 am
You made me laugh. I like you!
Katherina_R / November 25, 2014 at 06:32 pm
Hi guys! I would highly recommend Alex's driving school! I came to Canada as an international experienced driver, with a very bad habits, believe me I was a total disaster :) I never though I could pass G test the first time, as I know many people having troubles in changing their way of driving into "Canadian" one - but Alex made it happen! He immediately detected my weak spots and patiently worked on them with me over and over until I showed improvement. It's clearly seen that Alex is a professional and not only in being a good teacher but also by being a good mentor who treating individually every student. Thank you Alex!!!(416) 500-6571
PAIGE / November 28, 2014 at 03:32 pm
I took lessons with All Star at Richmondhill location, I really enjoyed the service there, My inclas teacher was Azhar very nice guy, for in car I had Hamid very very good teacher. he was very patience with me and I got my G2 in first shot.
Khaila / November 30, 2014 at 10:45 am
Globe Driving Amazing Experience!!! Got my License on Friday im so happy :) , i never thought i could pass this test but my instructor was kept telling me you can do it just follow the rules just follow the rules hahahaha while i was doing test his voice was in my ears "Just Follow the Rules" Thank you so Much Globe Driving Academy :) :) :)
Fabian / December 1, 2014 at 01:38 pm
Hi there, I took my G2 driving lessons and road test with Alex Shuster and I am highly recommend him. He was actually tougher that my examiner, but I believe that helped me to built confidence and be prepared. Driving is a serious responsibility. From my experience, he was very straightforward, reliable, and cares that one passes the exam (and drives safely of course). I failed my full G first with another instructor and Alex clarified me many confusions I still had in my mind about driving. He also had easy "recipes", as I call them, for parallel parking and reverse parking. Also, he will tell you if you are ready or not to take the exam, without thinking in his pocket or convenience. Great instructor and person. His cellphone # is (416) 500-6571. http://alexdrivingschool.weebly.com/index.html
Fabian
G2 road test in Metro East
Fabian replying to a comment from Fabian / December 1, 2014 at 02:47 pm
Alex Shuster is well known also as Alex Driving School.
H Vargas / December 5, 2014 at 10:28 pm
I would always recommend http://www.prostardriving.ca/en/ my instructor was a smart gentleman and he taught me the tricks and tips of parking and I was able to passed very well my exam. I took the test at Etobicoke Test Centre.
Joe / December 8, 2014 at 08:30 pm
I go to your driving school because I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!

I have no experience, I do not have your driving habits ...

YOU SHOULD NOT GET FRUSTRATED WHEN I DO NOT DRIVE LIKE YOU WOULD!

you need to give me time to learn, not rush me and get frustrated

Driver Education / December 10, 2014 at 11:26 pm
You can also complete your driving practical without needing a driving school, use Driving Simulator.
oriflame / December 14, 2014 at 10:27 am
'This week, I will only drink one beer on Friday
night, saving myself thousands of calories'. Food being part of
the physiologic needs of people should be taken with some sort of discipline.
Ryan Blair is the CEO and is the embodiment
of the Vi - Salus vision.
Raz Driving / December 15, 2014 at 04:13 am
We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a marvelous job! Anybody looking for Midland Driving Schoolcan contact immediately .
REED RICHARD / December 22, 2014 at 05:05 pm
I went to http://learnsafedrive.com/ for my full course, i am happy for the service that i got from Learn safe.
Joseph / December 22, 2014 at 08:36 pm
WARNING: DO NOT LET THE DRIVING SCHOOL SCAN YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE AND KEEP IT ON THEIR COMPUTER

GO TO ALEX, HE JUST LOOKS AT YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE AND GIVES IT BACK IT TO YOU 416-500-6571

IDENTITY THIEVES LOVE TO SEE A SCAN OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE WITH YOUR SIGNATURE DATE OF BIRTH FIRST AND LAST NAME ADDRESS

DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM