A personal mission I've always had in life has been to spread the gospel of Super Mario and the ninTENdo Commandments. Little did I know there was someone even pushier than I am about it. Mr. Photojunkie himself was nice enough to bring his Wii over to my place so that a gathering of BlogTOers could finally know what's like to throw a cow 113 yards while surrounded by a pack of rabid bunnies (that can dance).
The NinTENdo Commandments:
- Thou shalt not launch thine wiimote into Ryan C's tv
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wii-nunchuck
- Thou shalt not shear the rabid bunny's fur
- Thou shalt crash as much as humanly possible in Excite Truck
- Thou shalt bring Whiskey to Ryan's house when invited over for a Wii Party
- Thou shalt buy funky wiimote covers that not only keep thine hand from letting go of the wiimote (in theory, Penar...), but also look stylin'
- Thou shalt yell "Stay down!" after knocking out thine opponent in a boxing match
- Thou shalt do the funny pose at the end of WarioWare tandem jumping races
- Thou shalt not comment gravely on the Wii's graphic capabilities
- Thou shalt continue the search for Princess Peach, no matter how many castles you've searched in the past
Four player tennis was an absolute riot. I sincerely doubt anyone who came would hesitate to recommend a Wii for every household in Toronto, if you can find them that is. While the system's stock has been continually replenished, it has a tendency to fly off the shelves in a matter of minutes, leaving the Playstation 3s all by their lonesome on the floors of BestBuy. Trade a kidney for one, you totally won't regret it.
I'd like to personally thank Jerrold, Penar, Ian, Mike R, and Rannie for coming to my decidedly orange abode (I seriously have the ugliest color in existence painted on my living room's walls). Rannie is offering to bring his Wii and nice collection of games to people's houses every Wednesday, and you can go ahead and book a GTA Wii evening on his uber-popular blog. His Wii is already booked through 'til March (he gets around), so move fast!
More shots of the evening can be found on on Flickr with the wiiTO tag.
And just because it's fun, check out this NSFW Mario Kart / GTA Vice City mashup from Robot Chicken.