Thursday, August 21, 2014Partly Cloudy 21°C
Music

25 photos from the weekend rave at Downsview Park

Posted by Staff / August 6, 2013

veld 2013Say what you want about EDM raves vs. rave-raves, but if you weren't at VELD this weekend, you missed Canada's most colourful, positive party of the year. Big names like Deadmau5, Pretty Lights, and Steve Aoki were all at Downsview Park this long weekend, but (like, duh) the real story was the teaming crowds of fans: from homemade props and masks, to fairy costumes and LED lights, VELD was all about Toronto showing off its neon underbelly. While some set time juggling went on on Sunday, the number of people who noticed will be lost to time. You might want to put on sunglasses before clicking through to view our favourite moments.

Check out 25 highlights from the 2013 Veld Music Festival in Toronto.

Jenkins / August 6, 2013 at 10:55 am
So this is what constitutes a "rave" these days, eh? Heh. Well, alright then.
Benedict / August 6, 2013 at 10:57 am
Rev. Nuff said.
It was better in my day / August 6, 2013 at 12:20 pm
As a veteran of the Syrous, Dose, Better days etc. era of "raves" in Toronto, I can only laugh at this.
AV replying to a comment from It was better in my day / August 6, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Amen
ARC / August 6, 2013 at 01:02 pm
As someone who was actually there, I can say that my fiends and I had a fantastic time! Same goes for every single person I met there.

It's always better "back in your day". But that was your day and this is ours so quit comparing and join in the fun!
j-rock / August 6, 2013 at 02:11 pm
John Acquaviva at Sunnyside > Entire Veld lineup*

*(although Danny Tenaglia, John Digweed and Victor Calderone are for real)
lol / August 6, 2013 at 04:54 pm
entry level youtube raver fest... now that Electric Island event on the other hand, once of the best line ups and settings in recent memory in toronto big ups to them
Sharky / August 6, 2013 at 05:35 pm
Awesome Photos! Here are 50+ pics and some HD video from Veld 2013:

bubbleboi replying to a comment from It was better in my day / August 7, 2013 at 04:12 pm
Yes, this makes me laugh. Lots and lots and lots.
evilmatrix / August 7, 2013 at 07:22 pm
" the real story was the teaming crowds of fans: from homemade props and masks, to fairy costumes and LED lights, VELD was all about Toronto showing off its neon underbelly.".

If that's the real story, you're about 20 years too late.

" the number of people who noticed will be lost to time."

It would have been more honest if you just said you were high as **** jus sayin.
Bubbbleboi replying to a comment from evilmatrix / August 7, 2013 at 09:18 pm
Evilmatrix… always trolling. I guess some things don't change! LOL
MoVernie / August 8, 2013 at 04:24 pm
Did you guys see the official veld 2013 video from Fashion Style Blog?

It's sick beats and showcase what VELD was all about!
Cali / August 28, 2013 at 05:55 pm
If you missed it for whatever reason, check it out here
nice quality