Tuesday, July 29, 2014Light Rain Shower 19°C
Music

Drake will drop OVO Fest when Drake wants (i.e. now)

Posted by Aubrey Jax / May 16, 2013

Drake OVO Fest 2013Thanks Drake. Our summer festival round up goes up, and later that day you announce the line up for your OVO Fest. Thanking you right now for showing us who runs this city. It's you, Drake.

OVO stands for October's Very Own (I'm sticking with my dubious story that I didn't just realize this) but the 2 day OVO Fest begins not in the fall but on the final day of Caribana, August 4th. Only Drake himself, Frank Ocean, and James Blake have been divulged as playing, so so far I think I could bring my mom to this, though I'm not holding out on that staying true. Last year featured Waka Flocka Flame, Snoop Dogg, Nicki Minaj, ASAP Rocky, 2 Chainz, The Weeknd, and Rick Ross. 2013's line up will swell out whenever Drake decides he's ready to let us know.

Of course the most important thing here is that we all need to cross ourselves or at least cross our fingers and hope there won't be an Aaliyah hologram. No one needs to see me cry. While we're speaking of hope for the future, I doubt anyone would mind seeing Future's name in the next OVO communiqué.

Ovo Fest is fairly affordable: package tickets for both the August 4th & 5th line ups at the Molson Amphitheater start at only fifty bones. You can thank Drake later. Tickets go on sale May 24th.

Photo by Paul Flynn in the blogTO Flickr pool

Todd Toronto / May 16, 2013 at 11:23 am
Despite my misgivings about a guy from Forest Hill singing about "Starting at the Bottom," it's great that one of the most popular rappers in the world is not only from Toronto, but proudly so.
E. Toby Coke / May 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm
I'm waiting for Nickelback and Drake to do a collaboration. They'd be unstoppable.
mrs replying to a comment from brian / May 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm
Brian, wow, you have no sense of humour. Angry.
Big F'ing Mega Boat replying to a comment from E. Toby Coke / May 16, 2013 at 01:25 pm
Add Celine Dion and you just described the best all Canadian super group ever.
Joneesha / May 16, 2013 at 02:56 pm
Celine Dion is in heavy rotation on the radio station in Hell.
Drazana / August 5, 2013 at 11:32 pm
Just left amphitheatre. Purchased two day passes for my daughter's 16th bday. She called from venue to tell me they were invalid. Had to wait two hours to get them revalidated. She missed half the show and no one wants to take responsibility for this disorganized mess. Venue says call ticketmaster. They can't really do anything on the spot mi had to stay to provide Id. Many other fans in same situation. So people who purchased two day passes get punished by having to wait in line up and missing show. What a disgrace. Customer service at Molson amphitheatre so unprofessional. Woman actually hung up on me. I am disgusted
Robert replying to a comment from Drazana / August 6, 2013 at 09:23 pm
Did you buy them off someone? How did they become invalid? That is incredibly strange.