Contest: Win Tickets to Kid Koala at The Boiler House
This Saturday August 16th, DJ Kid Koala is in Toronto and will be playing a unique show at The Boiler House.
Located in the historic Distillery District, The Boiler House has occasionally staged jazz and blues acts, which Kid Koala can certainly delve into (as shown on some of his tracks such as Drunk Trumpet off the album Carpal Tunnel Syndrome).
Having seen Kid Koala a few times in the past, I can attest to how great his shows are. This humble and friendly DJ is simply a wonder to watch and listen to, as he works his magic on the turntables.
REMG has a special treat for blogTO readers as well. Five pairs of tickets have been made available to you. All you have to do to win is leave a comment in the comments section below.
The first five commenters to leave a comment at or after 4pm Toronto time today (Thursday August 14th) will each win a pair of tickets to see Kid Koala at the Boiler House. Please read carefully to qualify:
1. In your comment you must include the name of a store, studio or art gallery currently located in the Case Goods Warehouse building in the Distillery District.
2. You cannot include the name of a store/studio/gallery mentioned by a qualified commenter ahead of you. In other words, you must be the first commenter at or after 4pm to name the store/studio/gallery.
3. You must only include one store/studio/gallery in your comment. If you name more than one store/studio/gallery you will be disqualified.
4. Any commenters who place a comment before 4pm Toronto time will be disqualified.
5. Any commenters who place more than one comment will be disqualified (we'll be monitoring IP addresses for cheats!)
6. You must be an Ontario resident.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
The Boiler House @ Distillery (55 Mill Street)
Tickets are $10.00 (plus any additional fees) and available at Ticketmaster, Rotate This, Soundscapes & Play De Record
19+, Doors at 9pm, Show at 10pm
Photos from Kid Koala's website