Sunday, October 26, 2014Partly Cloudy 9°C
Fashion & Style

Now you can buy the Kromer Radio sign

Posted by Aubrey Jax / August 7, 2014

Kromer RadioOccasionally I'm forced to write posts on this site that make me wither a little inside, but this one especially hurts. The Kromer Radio sign is finally coming down, and it's going up for auction.

As a long-time fan of the sign, I've been pining after the "Radio" portion for years, knowing it would likely come to auction block and holding out hope in my heart that I would be smoking rich before that day. No such luck. When the Kromer Radio sign goes to the highest bidder on August 15th, I'll still scrounging by in $30 worth of thrift-store clothing. The radio tolls, but not for me.

Kromer was founded in 1957 and moved to its now shuttered (but thankfully Walmart-free) Bathurst location in 1974. The Kijiji listing for the upcoming auction pleads with buyers to keep the "Radio" portion of the sign in tact, so at least someone seems to truly care about the future of this historic six foot high neon sign - minimal and way cooler than the Sam's sign, if you ask me.

The helpful ad also offers a link scrabblefinder.com where buyers can make endless anagrams from "Kromer Radio." A sample from the auctioneer's creative muses: "from the word Kromer one possible solution is painting the words LESS IS on a wall (maybe 1 foot high) accompanied with the 4 foot letters MORE mounted directly beneath." While it hurts to spread the news of this auction to those of more means than me, I look forward to your anagrams. Please just don't let this beauty end up in a wood paneled grilled cheese restaurant.

RSVP for the August 15th auction here. If you'd like to donate the sign to blogto, comment below with your PayPal info.

Michael / August 7, 2014 at 12:36 pm
Unless your name is Kromer or you are a Jamaican with a new business called darKRoom ire, I don't see the point.
Michael replying to a comment from Michael / August 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm
Yeah, I realize that doesn't quite work. It was better in my head.
pass / August 7, 2014 at 12:59 pm
Id prefer an Ann Rohmer sign.
M replying to a comment from Rick / August 7, 2014 at 01:09 pm
Of course someone is going to buy it, and for waaay too much. The bloody street signs sold for over 3g's.
Done / August 7, 2014 at 01:11 pm
Put it in Dundas Square with the Sam the Record Man sign.

Radios and Music go hand in hand.
Cyril Sneer replying to a comment from Rick / August 7, 2014 at 01:12 pm
If I had the money I'd buy the "Radio" part.
CW / August 7, 2014 at 09:40 pm
I made a sign out of cardboard that im selling for $5000. If you hold on to it for a while you can claim heritage status.
Tonstudio-Forum.De / August 26, 2014 at 05:08 am
The main works from the CCTV cameras are to watch the events and happened in front of these
and sent it for the DVR that makes it viewable to your TV display.
With CCTV security, you are able to minimize the
reality that vandals, burglars or any other intruders will require the opportunity to target your business or
home. Cctv dvr system uk From reversing sensors and handsfree kits to
tracking systems and vehicle CCTV, Base Systems are the specialists for your in car electronics needs.

CCTV products are primarily useful for workplace, retail
and factory environments. Security normally and CCTV in particular helps
prevent hooligans from taking law into their own hands
and in the same time keeps criminals at bay.