Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Food Truck Frenzy at the CNE starts tonight Friday, August 22 and runs until Sunday, August 24. Found on Princes' Blvd. in front of the Allstream Centre and Direct Energy Centre, the Frenzy will feature almost 20 of Toronto's top food trucks.
- The Gerrard India Bazaar a.k.a Festival of South Asia is on this weekend August 23 and 24 from noon until 11pm. Expect to find over 100 shops, restaurants and vendors representing regional diversities of South Asian food, fashion and music.
- Coconut Festival Canada takes place at Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie St.) on Sunday, August 24 from 10am to 6pm. Event highlights include a diverse lineup of vendors hawking tasty tropical snacks and meals as well as seminars and cooking demos.
- The fifth annual Wild Blueberry Festival is on at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Ave.) on Sunday, August 24 from 10am to 3pm. Enjoy a blueberry-centric brunch, Ontario craft beers and cider, plus family friendly storytelling and cooking workshops.
- North of the city, Tastes of the Hill takes place on Sunday, August 24 at Richmond Green Park (1300 Elgin Mills Rd. East). Happening from 11am to 8pm the family friendly event will feature a farmers market, food demos and kids cooking classes.
- Little Manila plays host to the Taste of Manila street festival this weekend (August 23rd and 24th). Head to Wilson and Bathurst to get your fill of Filipino music, dancing and great eats from some of the local restaurants.
- AwesTRUCK is back for its 3rd year on Friday, September 5 and Saturday, September 6 at Mississauga's Celebration Square. Admission is free for the street food fest and food truck awards meaning you'll have more dough in your pockets for food. Those unable to make it out to Mississauga can enjoy a mini pop-up rally happening from noon to 8pm on Saturday, August 30 in the parking lot at 495 Wellington Street West.
Photo of AwesTRUCK 2013 by Jesse Milns.