Toronto Food Events: Summerlicious, PintxosTO, Vegan Wine Bar Pop-Up, Farm to Fork Brunch
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Summerlicious, the annual summer prix fixe celebration, starts today (Friday, July 4) and will run until July 20. Over 200 restaurants will offer three-course prix fixe menus as part of the festival. Check out our preview of the top 20 restaurants to eat at for Summerlicious 2014.
- The Bacardi Festival Libra will transform The Distillery District into Little Havana starting tonight (Friday, July 4) until Sunday, July 6. The weekend event will feature live musical acts, Cuban food stations, street dancing, buskers and cigar rolling.
- Menus have been announced for PintxosTO, the Spanish summer block party taking place this Sunday, July 6 in a parking lot at 495 Wellington St. West. Expect to find bite-size snacks like grilled octopus and iberico ribs from Bar Isabel and supergilda and ajo blanco soup from Cava. Tickets are still available for $10.
- The bartender series at Momofuku Daisho (190 University Ave.) welcomes Dave Arnold, the inventor and co-founder of Booker and Dax, for an evening of summertime cocktails on Thursday, July 10th from 6pm to 10pm. Reservations are recommended, but limited space will also be available for walk-ins.
- Tori's Bake Shop (2188 Queen St. East) celebrates the opening of their yet-to-launch wine bar on July 15 from 6:30pm to 9:30pm with a special dinner prepared by Urban Acorn Catering. The five-course vegan dinner with drink pairings will be on offer for one night only for $100.
- Tickets are on sale now for $15 for the next edition of the Toronto Underground Market happening Saturday, July 12 from 5pm at 99 Sudbury.
- The Stop Community Food Centre launches Farm to Fork Brunch, a new fundraising initiative, on Sunday, July 27 from 12:30pm to 3pm at Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie St.). Tickets are $65 per person and include a family-style brunch with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages prepared by Provisions Catering and Events with locally-sourced ingredients.