Thursday, October 30, 2014Mostly Cloudy 6°C
Eat & Drink

The Toronto Food Truck Alley is now a reality

Posted by Guest Contributor / July 9, 2014

toronto food truck alleyThe Toronto Food Truck Alley launched today at the corner of Jarvis and Queen St. East with The Feisty Jack and I Love Churros trucks serving their wares in a public parking lot.

The owner of The Feisty Jack, Will Randolph, has gathered a number of food truck owners together to test the idea of sharing the space in part to bypass restrictions imposed by city council. For more info on the alley, read about the announcement here.

According to Jose from I Love Churros, business today "was pretty good. Hopefully it will get better when people know we are here."

More info and schedule at Torontofoodtrucks.ca

Writing and photo by Allyson Scott.

Andrew / July 9, 2014 at 10:27 pm
Huge fan of food trucks, my fav is the Food Dudes.

Went to Feisty Jack today (pretty decent). The 2 items they had sold out by 1:30pm (supposed to be open to 4pm). The owner was surprised he was busy.
That's a good sign but hope they have enough food product for the 5 hours they intend to be open.
HK replying to a comment from notthebestforcleanliness / July 10, 2014 at 11:20 am
Why not? The food trucks will at least make that part of town not as sketchy. The only issue is how many people actually live/work around there. It's not as crowded as Ryerson/UofT or Queen West area, but it's not a bad idea to introduce something pleasant in an area in need of new life.

I do agree that cleanliness is a concern but that goes for most parts of Toronto. I hope the vendors would do a great job at maintaining their facilities.
nicki / July 10, 2014 at 12:58 pm
In Austin, TX, they have amazing food vendors in several areas. They are set up in trucks and trailers, but the vehicles no longer go anywhere, they are permanently parked. Admittedly, Austin has a lot more open space available, but it's a great use of underused real estate. And the food is amazing! I had the best donut of my entire life, cooked to order, from Gourdough's.
yum / July 10, 2014 at 05:52 pm
no hygiene .. running water

but drunks, alley rats and roaches .. yummy
Audio Blood / July 10, 2014 at 05:55 pm
This is too good to be true!
Gudonyah / July 15, 2014 at 11:54 pm
I like the can-do attitude & the screwing the city out of their gouge for a license.