Toronto Food Events: Toronto Wing Fest, Vegecursion, TUM, free ice cream at Dutch Dreams, ramen tasting
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The third annual Toronto Wing Festival takes place this Sunday, May 4 from 1:30 to 5:30pm at Daniels Spectrum (585 Dundas St. East). Among this year's 18 competitors vying to be crowned lord of the wings are Lou Dawgs, The Pilot and Aft.
- Cinco de Mayo falls on Monday this week, and there are plenty of taco and tequila-centric celebrations happening citywide. See our fiesta round-up right here.
- Dutch Dreams (36 Vaughan Rd.) celebrates Dutch Independence, the grand opening of their newly relocated ice cream store, and 30 years in business. Stop in on Monday, May 5 from 4 to 8pm for free ice cream.
- Ryus Noodle Bar (33 Baldwin St.) hosts a Tokyo cafe-style ramen tasting on Thursday, May 8 from 6 to 7:30pm. Tickets are $20.
- Savour Toronto launches Vegecursion, a culinary walking tour leaping off from Bathurst and Dundas to visit local establishments and sample meatless goods. Tickets are $75 for the afternoon adventure, happening most Saturdays from May through August.
- Tickets are on sale now for $15 ($22 at the door) for the latest edition of the Toronto Underground Market, set to take place at 99 Sudbury on Saturday, May 17. Doors will open at 5pm for the feeding frenzy featuring new and returning vendors.
- The Depanneur (1033 College St.) hosts Brad Kurtenbach for a cheese-making intensive workshop. Sign up now for the full-day class, priced at $125, that will cover the fundamentals of cultured cheeses.
Photo by Tracy Zhang via the blogTO Toronto Underground Market stream.