Toronto Restaurant Openings: Shishalicious, Bake Them Pretty, Portland Variety, Chino Locos East Chinatown
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Luther's Chicken is now in operation out of the kitchen at Churchill at 1212 Dundas St. West
- Fat Pasha, the latest venture from chef Anthony Rose is now open and offering a menu featuring schmaltz fried rice, fattoush salad and mixed grill platters at 414 Dupont St.
- Ed's Real Scoop has opened a new store at 189 Roncesvalles Ave.
- Shishalicious, a new Middle Eastern cafe and hookah, lounge is now open at 235 Jarvis St. (at Shuter).
- Kenzo Ramen's latest location is now open and dishing up noodle bowls at 671 Queen St. West.
- Kupfert and Kim, the meatless and wheatless lunch counter in the PATH, is expanding with the opening of a new cafe location in Brookfield Place.
- Chino Locos Burritos is opening another outpost at 368 Broadview Ave. (at Gerrard). The new spot is slated to open April 29th.
- Portland Variety is now under construction at 587 King St. West. The new spot from the mastermind behind Le Gourmand plans to offer convenience foods throughout the day, meaning it'll function as a bakery and cafe early on before switching to a restaurant and tapas bar at night. [Toronto Life]
- The Good Press, a new cold press juice bar, is set to open in the coming weeks in Yorkville.
- Bake Them Pretty, a novelty cake specialist, is relocating from Vaughan to a new spot at 106 Harbord St.
- Bywoods, a new dinner-focused spot from the team behind BOOM Breakfast & Co., is soon to open at 760 St. Clair Ave.
- The Pantry, an Irish shop and deli at 1620 Gerrard St. East, has closed, and is in the process of rebranding as The Pantry Cheese.
- Hogtown Cure (1484 Dundas St. West) now has a liquor licence - they're serving craft beers and cider in bottles or cans, plus half a dozen wines by the glass.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com
Photo of Chino Locos.