Toronto Food Events: Yum Cha 2, Bunner's cookbook launch, Cinco de Mayo, Toronto Underground Market
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The sold out Yum Cha! Dim Sum Fest is happening Sunday, April 13 from 11am to 6pm at the Chinese Freemasons Association, (436 Dundas St. West, 3rd floor). Didn't get a ticket? No worries - tickets go on sale Monday for Yum Cha 2, which takes place Sunday, May 4 at 36 Wagstaff Dr. (next door to Leftfield Brewery).
- Khao San Road (326 Adelaide St. West) celebrates the Thai New Year with their annual Songkran Water Fight Festival on Saturday, April 12. Celebrate by getting soaked and chowing down on grub from La Carnita, Come and Get It, Ardor Bistro and more.
- Bunner's Bake Shop celebrates the launch of their new cookbook with a party at Get Well on Tuesday, April 15 from 6pm to 8pm. Go for free arcade games, vegan and gluten-free treats and cookbooks for purchase.
- Drake One Fifty is gearing up for a special Cinco de Mayo celebration promising a collaboration between Ted Corrado and guest chef and James Beard award-winner Donnie Masterson. The one-night-only dinner on Monday, May 5 will feature classic Mexican dishes like pork carnitas salad, ancho chili braised beef short ribs, and tequila cocktail pairings.
- The Toronto Underground Market has announced Saturday, May 17 will be the first event of the season. This year, the food fest has found a new home at 99 Sudbury. Tickets go on sale today.
Photo of Bunner's Bake Shop.