Toronto Food Events: 420 Pizza Mob, May the Fourth Be With You, Society of Beer Drinking Ladies, Equinosh
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Just-Eat presents the first ever Cross-Country 420 Pizza Mob this Sunday, April 20. The food-ordering service has convinced its local pizza partners to help combat the munchies by supplying free pizza to revelers at 420 rallies in Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver.
- The Society of Beer Drinking Ladies hosts their monthly meet-up on Friday, April 25. The sold-out event (location TBA) opens up admission after midnight. Snag a ticket for the next one (held the last Friday each month) by joining the mailing list.
- The Gladstone Hotel hosts Equinosh as part of their Grow-Op exhibit on Saturday, April 26 from 5-8pm. Tickets are $10 for the ambulatory feast for the senses presented by chefs Mario Paz, Miriam Streiman, and chef Jamie Kennedy.
- Cafe Boulud (60 Yorkville Ave.) hosts Parts & Labour's Matty Matheson for a four-course collaborative dinner ($125) with wine pairings on Tuesday, April 29 at 7pm.
- Momofuku Shoto (190 University Ave.) collaborates with chef Daniel Burns (of Brooklyn's Luksus) on Tuesday, April 29, for a 12-course tasting menu priced at $200 per person.
- May the Fourth Be With You, a vegan bake sale, is slated to pop-up in Kensington Market on Sunday, May 4 from noon 'til 3pm.
- Shuck-U is now accepting enrollment for its oyster class happening Friday, May 9 from 5:30-7:30pm at the Miele Gallery at the Market Kitchen in St. Lawrence Market. Patrick McMurray (Starfish, Ceili Cottage) leads the freshman class ($52). See the website for advance tickets and wine-focused add-ons.