Toronto Restaurant Openings: Fry Haus, The Goods, Shibui Robata Bar, People's Eatery II, Bar Oak
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Fry Haus at 296 Gerrard is now open and serving up bratwursts, German burgers and Fritten Mischmasch, er, poutine.
- The Goods, a production kitchen and takeout counter is now open at 1255 Dundas West.
- Shibui Robata Bar, an upmarket Japanese restaurant specializing in grill items and sushi rolls is now open at 230 Adelaide Street West.
- Come and Get It could reopen at 676 Queen West any day now... fingers crossed.
- Kenzo Ramen is soon to expand again, the noodle house chain is taking over the address of recently shuttered Murrays Sandwich Emporium at 671 Queen West. [Chowhound]
- 416 Snack Bar and Dustin Gallagher (ex-Acadia) are collaborating on a new two-storey, two concept spot at 307 Spadina Avenue, formerly People's Eatery [Toronto Life]
- Bar Oak is set to replace The Local Company at 511 Danforth Avenue in Greektown.
- Grace Restaurant, the charming dining room at 503 College Street quietly closed its doors this week. [Toronto Life]
- Brockton General (1321 Dundas Street West) has called it quits, the restaurant will serve its last dinner service on March 9th. [The Grid]
- German creperie, Pfannkuchen Koln at 3345 Yonge Street is closed.
- Corner House at 501 Davenport Road is closing its doors at the end of the month, though a notice on the restaurant's website indicates a new project is in the works.
- Rock Lobster Food Co. has launched a line of grab-and-go lobster rolls and chowders under the name Matty's Seafood at select Sobey's grocery stores.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org