Toronto Food Events: Eastern Bloc Party, Whiskylicious, Sugar Shack Beer Dinner, Terroir Symposium
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Singles looking to mingle should check out the Valentine's Day in Toronto Guide for 2014 which also covers activities for the unattached. Procrastinating pairs can take advantage of Hurrier's catalogue of last minute deliverables.
- Scout's Honour (1576 Dundas Street West) hosts a Pre Family Day Jam on Sunday, February 16th. Old Style Pilsner bottles and Jameson are on special for $4.25.
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) and Emily Zimmerman host Eastern Bloc Party on Sunday, February 16th at 7:30pm. Tickets are $40.
- Family Day on Monday, February 17th makes this a long weekend. See what's open, closed and happening on the super snowy stat holiday.
- The Saint Tavern (227 Ossington Avenue) hosts a Brewmaster's Dinner and Amsterdam Tap Takeover on Thursday, February 20th at 7pm. Tickets for the 5-course dinner cost $75.
- The Fifth (225 Richmond Street West) celebrates the end of the Sochi Olympics on Saturday, February 22nd with an open-air screening and Russian-themed food and drink features at the new outdoor bar, Ice Alley. The winter party will continue every Saturday until it melts.
- Whiskylicious, a two-week whisky crawl starts Monday, February 24th at 8 bars who will be mixing up 24 new whisky cocktails. Collect passport stamps on the self guided tour for chances to win a trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
- Provisions Catering and Events presents the Almanac Charity Dinner on Monday, February 24th at Loft404 (263 Adelaide Street West. In support of The Stop, the collaborative six course menu comes courtesy of chefs Robbie Hojilla (Hudson Kitchen), Patrick Kriss (ex-Acadia), Mark Thuet, Lachlan Culjak (Yours Truly), Dustin Gallagher (ex-Acadia) and Kevin Castonguay (Provisions). Wine pairings will be handpicked by Jeff Connell (Woodlot). Tickets are $145.
- Bier Markt (600 King Street West) hosts a 30-seat Sugar Shack beer dinner on Saturday, March 1st starting at 5pm. The 4-course Québécois inspired dinner will be paired with aged Unibroue bottles selected straight from the cellar. Dinner is $60 and reservations can be made by phone or email. The 8th annual
- Terroir Hospitality Symposium will take place at Arcadian Court (401 Bay Street) on Monday, May 12th. The all-day industry-oriented conference that will bring together influential chefs like David Chang (Momofuku), Daniel Boulud (Café Boulud), Norman Laprise (Toqué, Montréal) with food & wine experts, restaurateurs and global influencers. Tickets are on sale now for $229.
- The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen Street West) celebrates 10 years with $10 burgers and fries starting today Friday, February 14th until Thursday, February 20th.