Toronto Restaurant Openings: Cut The Cheese, Junk Bar, Tabula Rasa, Little Sister, Memory Lane & Co.
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Cut The Cheese at 2901 Dundas Street West is in soft opening mode as of Saturday January 18th, meaning 75% of the cheesy menu is ready to go.
- The Spice Village Indian Grill & Bar is now open in place of Biryani House at 25 Wellesley.
- The Pint House, a new sports bar is open now at 678 Yonge Street, formerly home to The Friendly Thai
- Junk Bar a collaboration between Matt Blondin (ex-Momofuku Daisho) and food truck The Food a Dudes is opening at a still undisclosed location. (via Toronto Life)
- The Food Dudes are also planning a solo venture named Tabula Rasa, slated for the former Momo's at Harbord and Robert streets. (via Toronto Life)
- Little Sister an Indonesian snack bar from the team behind Quince is opening this spring at 2031 Yonge Street.
- Mother's Dumplings is soon to have it's own offspring. A second outpost is opening at 804 Danforth Avenue in the coming weeks. (via Toronto Life)
- Smoke & Mirrors BBQ is the new working title for the still unopened spot formerly dubbed Sammy's Sammies and before that, New Delhi Burger.
- Ember Hot Stove & Social House is opening next month at 3039 Lakeshore Boulevard West.
- A whopping six new restaurants from School's Brad Moore are planned for the new ART condos under the name Memory Lane & Co. West Queen West condo dwellers can look forward to Bar Bronson, The Soda Fountain & Ice Cream Parlour, the Brown Bag Bakery, Farm & Foodical Natural Foods and a pair of diners, Recess and Jiffy. (via Now Magazine)
- Ethiopian restaurants Dukem at 950 Danforth Avenue and Parkdale's Addis Ababa at 1184 Queen West have both reportedly closed in recent weeks. (via The Grid)
- The Artisan Baker at 1423 Yonge Street is suddenly shuttered only a year after opening.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo from the Food Dude's Facebook page