Toronto Food Events: Winter Craft Beer Fest, Beer & Butter Tarts launch, Vegecursion, Chef's Challenge
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The outdoor Roundhouse Winter Craft Beer Festival is on this Saturday, January 25th from 11am to 5pm at Steam Whistle Brewery (255 Bremner Boulevard). A new block of tickets were released earlier this week, but only a very limited number remain available at the gate.
- Vegan chef and cookbook author Doug McNish leads a Handy Knife Skills class at Marni Wasserman's Food Studio (510 Eglinton Avenue West) on Monday, January 27th from 7pm to 9pm. Tickets are $115.
- Beer and Butter Tarts celebrates the launch of the first food-themed literary journal with nibbles, beer and booking readings at The Rhino (1249 Queen Street West) starting at 7pm on Tuesday, January 28th.
- Vegecursion, a vegan food tour hosted by the Toronto Vegetarian Association leaves from Jimmy's Coffee (191 Baldwin Street) at 6:15 on Wednesday, January 29th. Tickets are $75 and include 6 tastings and hot beverages.
- Le Dolci (1006 Dundas Steet West) is offering an Introduction to Cupcake Decorating class on Friday, January 31st from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Tickets are $80.
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) and chefs James Vigil, Neal Hughes and Christina Izquierso present a supper club dinner titled Ode to The Greats featuring dishes inspired by their favourite chefs. Tickets are $40.
- Chef's Challenge: The Ultimate Battle for a Cure will see top fundraisers compete alongside local culinary talent and Food Network stars in support of women's cancers care and research at Mount Sinai Hospital. The gala event takes place Saturday, Februrary 8th at the Toronto Congress Centre (650 Dixon Road). Registration is still open.
- The 5th Annual Groundhog Day Challenge will take place at a new venue this year. The event hosted by Cava chef Chris McDonald moves to Richmond Station (1 Richmond Street West) and will take place Monday, February 3rd. Tickets to taste the pork-themed challenge are $60 though the line-up of participating chefs has yet to be announced. (via Zagat)
Photo of Smokes Poutinerie, one of the vendors at Winter Craft Beer Fest