Toronto Food Events: Toronto Bourbon Week, Canada Baking & Sweets Show, Soupalicious, Foodival
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Canada Baking and Sweets Show is on this weekend from Friday, September 27th to Sunday the 29th at the Toronto Congress Centre (650 Dixon Road) featuring baking competitions, demos, hands-on-classes, and, the Great Canadian Gourmet Doughnut Challenge. Regular adult admission is $15, students, seniors and teachers might be entitled to different discounts on different days.
- In part of Toronto Bourbon Week which starts today, Friday September 27th and runs until Thursday, October 3rd, Amsterdam BrewHouse (245 Queens Quay West) will host the Hillbilly Whisperer seated dinner over the weekend from Friday, September 27th to Sunday the 29th. The four course menu costs $65 and features a special edition "Hillbilly Whisperer" mason style glass for the evening's specialty bourbon inspired brew. See the full Toronto Bourbon Week schedule online.
- The Toronto Underground Market celebrates 2 years on Saturday, September 28th with day and night editions taking place at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue).
- Soupalicious is on, this Sunday, September 29th from noon until 4pm at Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie Street). Tickets will be $20 at the door ($12 if you got 'em in advance) and include ten free soup tastings.
- Foodival, Toronto's first carnival-themed food festival takes place Sunday, September 29th in support of Real Food For Real Kids. The event will bring together food vendors, entertainers and midway games for two editions; an all-ages day edition and a 19+ night edition at 99 Sudbury.
- Abbey's Kitchen Stadium hosts a friendly foodie battle on Sunday, September 29th featuring a secret ingredient provided by All The Best Fine Foods. The competitive cook-off takes place at the MOD Club (722 College Street West) from 1pm to 4pm. Tickets are $10 in advance, or $15 at the door.
- Rock Lobster Food Co. at 110 Ossington Avenue presents Sake to Me: Sake Seminar & Cocktail Demo on Wednesday, October 2nd from 4pm to 7pm. For $20, learn about this uniquely brewed beverage and sample various sake styles (au natural, and, in cocktails) paired with Rock Lobster appetizers.
- Amsterdam BrewHouse (245 Queens Quay West) celebrates Oktoberfest from Thursday, October 3rd through to Thursday, October 10th. For the occasion the brewery will offer a German inspired menu plus three specialty Oktoberfest brews served in limited edition 1-litre steins.
- What's on the Table, the annual fundraiser for The Stop Community Food Centre's critical anti-hunger programs is happening on Wednesday, November 6th. Tickets are $250 per person and will include food and drink from over two dozen local chefs, restaurants, wineries and breweries.
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) and Brad Kurtenbach hosts a Gourmet Mini Doughnuts workshop on Monday, October 7th at 6:30pm. Tickets for the family friendly event are $40, kids under 12 go for half price.