Toronto Food Events: Awestruck, Canada Braai Day, Sweets & Treats Fest, Garlic Fest, Foodival
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Pan American Food Festival is on this weekend at Harbourfront Centre from September 20th to 22nd. The free event will showcase the diverse culinary specialties of 41 countries from across North, Central and South America, and, the Caribbean.
- Awestruck, Canada's largest food truck rally and awards show will bring together 50+ trucks and vendors this Saturday, September 21st from 2pm to 8pm at Fort York Garrison Common (250 Fort York Boulevard). Tickets are $10 and are still available.
- The inaugural Canada Braai Day will celebrate South African cuisine on Saturday, September 21st from noon until 8pm in The Distillery District. Braai is Afrikaans for barbecue, plus there will be live entertainment and prizes every hour.
- The Sweets and Treats Festival is on this weekend, September 21st and 22nd from noon until 9pm at Sugar Beach. In addition to live music and entertainment, food trucks and vendors will be on hand serving desserts and savoury treats in support of SickKids Foundation.
- Toronto Garlic Festival is on at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue) this Sunday, September 22nd. The $5 festival will showcase Ontario-grown garlic in a variety of preparations from local chefs, growers and street food vendors, plus suds, will be available from ten participating breweries.
- Head out of the city this weekend for the Savour Stratford Perth County Culinary Festival taking place September 20th to 22nd. The celebration takes place in Stratford's downtown heritage district and will feature a Farmers' and Artisans' Market, a craft beer and wine pavilion, plus, a jam-packed roster of celebrated chefs hosting tastings and demos.
- Toronto Friends of Refugees will host a fundraiser dinner in support of resettling a UNHCR-identified refugee on Saturday, September 28th at 7:30pm. Reserve a seat with a $50 donation for the four-course Bosnian dinner party catered by Rusholme Park Supper Club regular, Ksenija Hotic.
- Foodival, a carnival-themed food fest from Foodies on Foot will take place at 99 Sudbury on Sunday, September 29th. The event, in support of Real Food for Real Kid will gear the daytime edition running from 11am to 3pm will be geared towards families while the 19+ session will go from 6pm to 10pm.
- International Sake Day is on October 1st and to celebrate, The Sake Institute of Ontario is hosting a kagami-biraki, a traditional sake barrel breaking ceremony, followed sake sampling and sushi. Advance tickets are available now for $25.
- Dishcrawl Toronto is back after a quiet summer with a fundraising restaurant crawl in support of the United Way on Wednesday, October 23rd. The foodie tour will visit four eateries in Baldwin Village. Tickets are $50 and limited to 40 spots only.