Toronto Food Events: Hot & Spicy Food Fest, Junction Farmers Night Market, WVRST Craft Invitational
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Hot & Spicy Food Festival will heat up Harbourfront Centre this weekend August 30th to September 2nd featuring the Red Hot (hot sauce) Market, snack tents, a jerk chicken wrap-off and the International Iron Chef Semi-Finals.
- Gilead Café (4 Gilead Place) hosts a Chicken BBQ & Fry-up tonight Friday, August 30th from 6 to10pm.
- Vicki's Veggies Heirloom Hurrah & Harvest Carnivale takes place this weekend, August 31st to September 1st from 10am to 4pm.
- Voodoo Child (388 College Street) hosts a Philippine Spirited Brunch this weekend, starting today Friday, August 30th through to Sunday, September 1st.
- The Junction Farmers Night Market will take place on the train platform (2960 Dundas Street West) on Saturday, September 14th from 7pm to 11pm. Food and beers will be priced at $5 a pop.
- The WVRST Craft Invitational returns for its second year on Wednesday, September 18th at 6pm. The all out sausage fest will feature a dozen craft brewers from Ontario and Quebec creating unique brews to pair with an WVRST wieners.
- Cold Tea (60 Kensington Avenue) hosts Parkdale's Porzia on Sunday, September 15th for a BBQ patio starting at 3pm.
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) hosts This Is How I Roll - New Sushi with Chef Daniel Henderson on Sunday, September 15th. The $40 menu will offer inventive takes on Japanese culinary traditions that incorporate nouveau flavours like Jerk Salmon, Shrimp Ceviche, and even Doritos maki rolls.
- Awestruck has announced the roster of 50 food trucks participating at the September 21st rally. Voting is underway now to puck the people's favourite food truck.
Photo of the Italian sausage at WVRST