Toronto Food Events: CraveTO, Bacon Fest, Hoof Happy Meals, KBCo Backyard Beer Garden
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- CraveTO takes over the Honest Ed's alley on Saturday, August 17th with day time and night editions of the food fair featuring a delicious roster of vendors. Tickets are $14.50-$17.50 and were still available at last glance.
- The Leslieville Farmers' Market at Jonathan Ashbridge Park, presents Bacon Fest 2013, on Sunday, August 18th from 9am to 2pm. Local vendors including Le Papillon On The Park, Skin + Bones Wine Bar, Rashers, This Little Pig, Be Good Gelato, and many more will offer pork, wild boar and tofu bacon dishes.
- The Black Hoof is BBQing Hoof Happy Meals complete with mini blood macs at Cold Tea (60 Kensington Avenue) on Sunday, August 18th starting at 3pm.
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) and Japanese trained, Daniel Henderson offer an Intro to Sushi Maki that is fit for the whole family. The hands-on, make and take workshop starts at 6:30pm on Monday, August 19th. Reserve a spot for $40 (half price for kids under 12)
- The Summer Craft Beer Fest is on from 4pm to 10pm on Thursday, August 22nd at the Liberty Market Building Galleria (171 East Liberty Street). The festival features over 20 craft brewers and food from local vendors. Tickets are $29 in advance or $35 at the door; sample vouchers will go for $1.
- Bar Volo (587 Yonge Street) hosts the Bellwoods Sunsplash on Saturday, August 24th. The tap takeover starts at noon and is being billed as a day of soul, reggae and Bellwoods beer. If you don't already have a ticket you can still go after 9pm for $5 cover (beer tokens extra).
- The Kensington Market Backyard Beer Garden is back in Sunday, August 25th to coincide with Pedestrian Sunday. The licensed outdoor patio will feature live music and food from the El Gordo Latin Food Court.
- Tickets are on sale now for the 9th annual, What's on The Table fundraiser happening Wednesday, November 6th at 7pm in support of The Stop Community Food Centre's anti-hunger programs. The benefit will feature food from a top notch line-up of local restaurants including Beast, Café Belong, Cava, Parts & Labour, Richmond Station and more.
Photo from the first CraveTO