Toronto Food Events: Beach BBQ & Brews, The Stop's Night Market, Food on Film, Seafood for Thought
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Beach BBQ & Brews Festival is on this weekend (June 14th to 16th) at Woodbine Park. The festivities include a free ribfest, father-son/daughter cook-offs, craft vendors and live entertainment.
- The Group of Seven Chefs head to Oakville for their Beer + BBQ Bash on Monday, June 17th at 7pm. Guest Chef Anthony Walsh (O&B Group) joins in to serve up twists on BBQ served with Beau's beer. A shuttle bus ($10) will leave from Beast Restaurant (96 Tecumseth Street) at 6pm to the Compass Restaurant (2340 Ontario Street).
- Now in its fourth season, the Open Roof Festival film & music series takes over new venue on the waterfront at Moonview Lot (175 Queens Quay Boulevard East) and is now boasting a line-up of local food vendors at each event. Opening night kicks off Thursday, June 20th with indie band, The Sheepdog screening their debut documentary The Sheepdogs Have At It alongside food vendors Fidel Gastro and Crepe it Up.
- The Stop's (sold out) Night Market takes over Honest Ed's Alley (581 Bloor Street West) on June 18th and 19th for two installments of all-you-can-eat and drink fun.
- Round four of The Sausage League takes place Wednesday, June 19th featuring a face-off between Museum Tavern and Origin at Marben (488 Wellington Street West). Diners can vote for the winner between two sausage dishes priced at $25 (including two beers).
- TIFF's Food on Film wraps up the screening series on Wednesday, June 19th with molecular gastronomy expert, Kent Kirshenbaum on El Bulli: Cooking in Progress. Tickets are $35 for the screening and discussion held at the Bell Lightbox (350 King Street West).
- The Toronto Zoo hosts Seafood for Thought on Thursday, June 20th from 6pm to 8:30pm. The outdoor event will feature seafood tastings from chefs like Ted Corrado, (Drake Hotel), Lora Kirk (Ruby Watchco) and David Friedman (Red Fish), plus there will be wine and beer pairings and animal encounters. Tickets for the fundraising event are $85 and proceeds support the Toronto Zoo's Conservation Fund.
- TO Food Fest is back for its second year on Sunday, June 23rd from 1pm to 6pm at the Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto (5183 Sheppard Avenue East). Admission is free for the daytime that brings together restaurants and food vendors from across the GTA.
- Just in time for berry season, The Depanneur (1033 College Street) and Christine Manning host a workshop on Jams with a Kick - Preserving with Booze on Monday, June 24th at 6:30pm. Tickets are $40 and include at least one take-home jars and recipes.