Toronto Food Events: Food Revolution Day, Brewer's Backyard, The Stop Night Market
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events: festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Today, May 17th is Food Revolution Day, a global day of action that triumphs good food and essential cooking skills. A full list of public Toronto events is listed online.
- Brewer's Backyard returns to the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue) on Monday, May 20th with an event dubbed 'Queen Victoria's Secret.' Brews will be supplied by Great Lakes, Left Field, Oast House and Granite as well as food from FeasTO.
- While tickets for the Saturday, May 18th installment of Food Truck Eats at Peller Estates Winery (290 John Street East, RR #1, Niagara-on-the-Lake) are sold out, there may be tickets ($15) still available for the Night Market happening on Sunday, May 19th from 6pm to 10pm.
- Tickets for The Stop Night Market go on sale at noon on Wednesday, May 22nd. Tickets are $50 for the all-you-can-eat event that willhttps://thestop.thankyou4caring.org/night-market-ticket-page transform the Honest Ed's alley (581 Bloor Street) on June 18th and 19th.
- Tickets are still available for CraveTO happening on Friday, May 24th at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue). Doors open at 5pm for the evening featuring craft beers, street food and tunes.
- Tickets for the Taste of the Food Terminal (165 The Queensway) happening on Saturday, May 25th from 11am to 3pm are on sale for $10. The admission price includes a fresh made lunch from Food Share and the chance to tour the terminal, wholesaler stalls and farmers markets plus, visit the pop-up neighbourhood.
- Reserve a seat now for Squiggfeast VI - Squigg Goes Overboard, to be hosted by the Rusholme Park Supper Club at The Depanneur (1033 College Street) on Saturday, June 1st at 7:30. The menu from Robin "Squiggy" Dutt will feature Peruvian ceviche, a whole roasted sea bass and lemon meringue pie for dessert. Tickets are $40 per usual.
- The first ever Halal Food Fest TO is taking place June 1st and 2nd at The International Centre (6900 Airport Road). The two day event boasts free admission and will feature food samplings, a bazaar, cooking demos, panel discussions and performances.
- Ex-Skin & Bones chef Matthew Sullivan is hosting the first Boxed Pop-Up since leaving the Leslieville restaurant early this month. Set to take place June 3rd and 4th, An early seating will offer a six-course tasting dinner for $70, followed by a night market snacking menu until last call.
- Northwood, (815 Bloor West) is now offering buck-a-shuck oysters and half priced wine every Wednesday night starting at 6pm. Also of note, and just in time for the long weekend, the Christie Pits neighbour will also rent out recreational games like badminton, bocci, frisbee for use at the park across the street.