Friday, November 28, 2014Mostly Cloudy -4°C
Eat & Drink

Chicago's Goose Island Brewery arrives in Toronto

Posted by Ben Johnson / April 15, 2013

Goose Island BreweryChicago's Goose Island Brewery is on its way to Toronto. Scheduled to arrive on LCBO shelves later this Spring, this cult-brewery from south of the border has been flexing its distribution muscle since it was acquired by Anheuser-Bush InBev a couple of years ago.

The two Belgian-style beers they'll be bringing are from their Vintage Ales line and will be sold in wine-style 765ml bottles for $9.95 as of April 29th although Twitter chatter suggests they might have already surfaced at LCBO's Summerhill location. They'll also be available at Nota Bene.

It may be AB InBev's dollars that have brought these beers here, but regardless of who's in charge, Torontonians can be thankful for the opportunity to try some really well made beers we may not normally have had a chance to get our hands on.

Ben Johnson also writes about beer over on Ben's Beer Blog.

the lemur / April 15, 2013 at 11:18 am
Link to the Goose Island site is missing the h in http.
chris / April 15, 2013 at 11:49 am
Twitter is correct - I picked up one of each of these at Summerhill two weeks ago, along with the IPA/Dupont release.
John Labatt / April 15, 2013 at 12:30 pm
Its getting way to expensive to have a good old Saturday Night Drunk followed by a good old fashion barf and a nice Sunday morning fight with the wife.
Pedro / April 15, 2013 at 01:13 pm
I like beer I drink - I not like beer I not drink!
Fat Ass / April 15, 2013 at 04:52 pm
Whats with the $10 beer bottles these days. I'll stick to tall boys of Mongoose!!!
Vandy replying to a comment from John Labatt / April 16, 2013 at 12:50 pm
That's what Rolling Rock is for, dumb dumb
isabel marant sneakers / April 29, 2013 at 05:23 am
I comment each time I appreciate a post on a website or I have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.
Usually it is caused by the passion communicated in the post I read.
And after this article Chicago's Goose Island Brewery arrives in Toronto. I was actually moved enough to create a thought ;-) I actually do have a few questions for you if it's allright.
Is it only me or do some of the responses appear like they are left by brain dead visitors?
:-P And, if you are writing on other sites, I'd like to follow you. Could you make a list all of all your communal pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?