Toronto Restaurant Openings: Cote de Boeuf, Playa Cabana Hacienda, Nazca, The Candy Bar
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview at some of the places coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Côte de Boeuf is now open at 130 Ossington Avenue. The new butcher shop from the team behind nearby restaurant, Union offers a selection of meats from independent suppliers, prepared foods and pantry items.
- Deli Downstairs is now open at 167 Bathurst Street, the former site to the Burger Press. The new no-frills take out counter offers coffee, soups, salads and sandwiches.
- Recently shuttered Centro will morph into casual Italian eatery, Vita Sociale set to open mid April at 2472 Yonge Street.
- Playa Cabana is slated to open a third location mere months after launching the still new Junction outpost. The new restaurant at 14 Dupont will go by Playa Cabana Hacienda and is hoping to open in May.
- New to Toronto's roster of food trucks, Nazca is set to hit the streets this spring with a modern Peruvian menu featuring ceviches and tiraditos (raw seafood preparations).
- The Candy Bar is set to open at 849 College Street the first week of April. The retail shop plans to offer chocolate bars from around the world as well as pick n' mix bulk selections.
- Petite & Sweet is soon to open a second location at 718 Queen Street East, the former address of LPK's Culinary Groove.
- The White Squrriel Coffee Shop is slated to expand with a new snack shop and breakfast/lunch kitchen at 507 Queen West (formerly Peach Bezerk).
- Ganzi Toronto announced it's long delayed opening at 504 Jarvis Street is now slated for April.
- As reported earlier this week, The Avro is shutting its doors at 750 Queen Street East after a three year run. The last, last call takes place April 26th.
- Ghazale at 661 College Street is papered shut suggesting that it's seen its last days in Little Italy.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com