Wednesday, November 25, 2015Partly Cloudy 7°C
Eat & Drink

Sex in the City-themed burger joint set to open in the GTA

Posted by Robyn Urback / August 20, 2010

Pink Burger GTATired of lustless greasy spoons? Sexless salads? Frigid fries?

Well, you're in luck. Sort of... "Pink Burger" (warning: turn down your computer's volume before following the link) is coming to Bathurst and Wellington (in Aurora) and promises to be "more than just a piece of meat." A good thing too; I hate when I go out to eat and all I get is food.

Pink Burger promises to bring the Vogue to the everyday eating experience with "Diamond Girl" martinis and salads named after the four Sex and the City characters. (I bet the "Samantha" one is super-easy to digest).

A "Mr.Big" spiked shake is also on the menu, because milk products are best enjoyed when paired with subtle sexual allusions.

Pink Burger is set to open September 15. Oh, and just to be clear, this is not a joke.

BA / August 20, 2010 at 04:06 pm
the *other* Bathurst and Wellington...
Maria / August 20, 2010 at 04:12 pm
Where is this? In Aurora?
Joe / August 20, 2010 at 04:15 pm
Too bad this place isn't in Toronto. Please confirm your information before posting something.
Derek replying to a comment from Joe / August 20, 2010 at 04:20 pm
Perhaps in might be a good idea to re-read the title and take your own advice.

GTA is short for Greater Toronto Area...
Hmm / August 20, 2010 at 04:29 pm
Sounds like Joe doesn't get out much. Or just doesn't understand acronyms.
avatude / August 20, 2010 at 04:54 pm
Sex and the City makes me want to stab myself in the face, but "Mr. Big" isn't a sexual allusion. The character's nickname is a reference to his social prominence, not his schlong.

Also, I fail to see how this is sexy. It just sounds like a Little Italy lounge for the suburban crowd, which is to say, a run-of-the-mill Little Italy lounge.

And "Pink Burger" just sounds undercooked.
avatude / August 20, 2010 at 04:58 pm
Also: I love how their Twitter announces the addition of photos to Facebook...which are all stock photos.
kstop / August 20, 2010 at 05:12 pm
C&D in 3, 2, 1....
Ry Guy / August 20, 2010 at 06:25 pm
worst website/branding/concept ever

are we sure this isn't from 98?

Brett / August 20, 2010 at 06:26 pm
I used to live in Aurora... there's no buildings on that stretch of road. Check Streetview too. This has to be an elaborate joke.
hbr / August 20, 2010 at 06:58 pm
I hear that the buns are fake
c'mon son / August 20, 2010 at 07:18 pm
Cheez Whiz and fries for 6 bucks? Spend like you're in the big city, eat like you're in Aurora!
steve / August 20, 2010 at 07:27 pm
They should call it "Whore Burger"
bubba / August 20, 2010 at 08:45 pm
come on!

gee i wonder what pink really means!

is this a meat market of some kind! ha!
3m / August 20, 2010 at 11:00 pm
by the time you get to aurora it'll be boarded up anyway.
jaq / August 20, 2010 at 11:23 pm
this is sad... seriously, if this place lasts - I will be very surprised.
JB Globe / August 20, 2010 at 11:45 pm
Sex in the City is like Star Wars for women.

Meaning - dressing up as Samantha and going to restaurants like this don't make you any less of a looser than walking around in a Chewbacca costume.
sasha / August 21, 2010 at 12:20 am
I'll take two combo #1's
Randall / August 21, 2010 at 03:28 am
this has to be fake.

Dan Bro / August 21, 2010 at 07:30 am
Can I get some bacon on my 'Beef'? replying to a comment from Hmm / August 21, 2010 at 08:27 am
GTA is an initialism, not an acronym.
Jay / August 21, 2010 at 08:46 am
Lame. SO many middle aged women are going to make this place rich.
avatude / August 21, 2010 at 09:30 am
I don't think it's fake. It sounds like it's in the new Aurora Gateway Plaza at Wellington and Bayview, which might not be in Google Streetview yet because it was built in 2009. And if that Chowhound thread is correct, it's next to a Booster Juice (which shows up in Google's map search results, but not in Streetview).

Anyway, it's not a Toronto-style lounge, it's a suburban style plaza-dwelling eatery - in the same vein as Pita Pit, Quiznos, that Asian fuzion takeout chain, etc. And it does seem to be by the same people as Wild Wing.

If you check out the picture of the interior on the Chowhound thread, it's definitely not high-end. It looks more like a Quiznos, with a different color scheme, and because it serves alcohol I'm guessing it'll be sized more like an East Side Marios.

In other words, the usual suburban shit trying vainly for a more urban cool aesthetic.
diordoll / August 21, 2010 at 10:09 am
oh i really should turn down the volume..
real woman / August 21, 2010 at 10:41 am
I used to bartend in a club and I hated any of the type of girl who would come in with her friends and order cosmo martinis and "sex on the beach" or "blow job" or "orgasm" shots. They were usually- no- ALWAYS high maintenance, annoying, fake, and bad tippers. Because of my traumatizing experience with these types of women, and the fact that this establishment actually caters to these females actually makes my skin crawl.

Also, the fact that the slogan is "More than just a piece of meat" coupled with the pictures of high heels, luscious lips, a girl in underwear with hand cuffs, a girl in underwear and high heels... really. So you're more than just a piece of meat? What's the last book you read (Don't say Shopoholic), who is you're favourite artist, do you volunteer in your spare time? Seriously, this place angers me.
MOI / August 21, 2010 at 12:09 pm
TOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY "realwoman".........LOL!
But so true.....or if they order the RED Chardonnay..heheehe
DanBro / August 21, 2010 at 01:09 pm
@ Mois 'TOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY "realwoman".........LOL!' I'm with ya!
Collin / August 21, 2010 at 01:56 pm
people in Aurora would eat this shit up. it's sad that this failure will probably be a success.
Joe replying to a comment from Derek / August 21, 2010 at 04:27 pm
I know what GTA stands for and seeing as how this is blogTO, why post something that won't be located in Toronto to begin with. That's what I meant in my first comment.
theDeevolutionOfTheSpecies / August 22, 2010 at 06:35 pm
i am always perplexed whenever i walk by Hooters that it is packed - i can't imagine that anyone would actually go there ... this is no different - cashing in on the LCD
Bonnie / August 23, 2010 at 12:29 pm
Branding FAIL. To me, a pink burger equals undercooked ground meat.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be eating there.
Deep Fried Filet replying to a comment from Bonnie / August 23, 2010 at 01:42 pm
I guess all of you whiners order your burgers done well, eh?

Bonnie replying to a comment from Deep Fried Filet / August 23, 2010 at 03:05 pm
No, but I don't want them pink, either. Medium, please.
MP replying to a comment from / August 25, 2010 at 12:51 pm
An acronym IS composed of initial letters..
NF replying to a comment from MP / August 25, 2010 at 02:16 pm
Sorry to continue the thread hijack, but isn't an acronym an abbreviation that forms its own single word (eg. scuba)? So GTA would indeed be an initialism.

[Oh my lord I cannot believe I just typed that.]

Alright, back to discussion of this ridiculous new burger joint.
CG / October 18, 2010 at 11:49 am
Total letdown....

I live a few blocks away and I'm always game for a new burger joint, so I was anxious. Bottom line, not good at all.

The burger is mushy with NO flavour at all and the sauces are generic at best. The fries taste like a batch from New York Fries, but way underdone.

Now, my real beef (pun intended) is the scam on the "make your own" burgers....they charge you for ANYTHING over 4 toppings! I had to pay $0.69 for mustard!!! (I have the receipt to prove it). I don't think that ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles and onions is an order that warrants a "premium" surcharge.

Anyways, I could forgive all that if it was a great burger....but it's not. Save your time and go to Licks or South Street....both are infinitely better.