Thursday, April 24, 2014Clear 0°C
Eat & Drink

Inside The Ontario Food Terminal

Posted by Tim / October 7, 2007

20071006_trucks.jpg
The Ontario Food Terminal (OFT) is the largest wholesale fruit and produce distribution centre in Canada, and the third largest in North America after LA and Chicago. It sits on a 40 acre lot at the foot of Etobicoke. Nestled next to the Gardiner Expressway, the OFT is in full view to thousands of Torontonians every day on their way in and out of the city but few have ever entered its doors. It's not open to the public. It's a strictly wholesale operation and a vendor permit and $155 fee (paid every two years) is required for admission.

As a fan of urban infrastructure, I've always wanted to get a peek inside and finally this past week I got my chance courtesy of a tour organized by the Alphabet City Food Festival. Here's what I discovered.

First, some history. The OFT wasn't always here. Toronto's original wholesale market was at the St. Lawrence Market from the 1800s to 1954 when the OFT was opened to relieve the congestion occurring at Front and Jarvis. It's current location is optimally located close to the city and next to major transportation routes including Pearson International Airport.

With the exception of what you'd find at national retailers like Walmart and Loblaw, almost all the fruit and vegetables in the city filter through the OFT. It's the source for local grocery chains like The Kitchen Table, small family-run grocers like Maple Produce, Chinatown vendors and many local restaurants. The national chains might even shop here once a week to supplement their usual inventory if there's a supplier shortage or quality issue.

Except for a brief interruption during the 2003 North American Blackout, the OFT never closes. It's open for deliveries 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

20071006_hallway.jpg
20071006_booth.jpg
20071006_grey.jpg
20071006_peppers.jpg

Inside and outside, the OFT is a hub of activity. Trucks are in perpetual states of being loaded and unloaded, buyers are inspecting produce, sellers are looking to cut deals, forklifts whiz back and forth with inventory being moved, like hundreds of red peppers or a crate of raspberries worth thousands of dollars wholesale.

Long hallways connect different parts of the facilities, from its 80,000 square feet of cold storage to its 10-acre outdoor farmers market where on the day I visited a box of sphagetti squash could be had for $15. There's also a small flower market, a couple of stalls selling fresh-baked pies, a coffee shop, a restaurant and a hot dog stand, all enjoying what looks like brisk business.

20071006_hotdog.jpg

For many participants here, the buying and selling starts at 2am and doesn't let up until about 8 hours later. The collection of fruit and vegetables I saw was among the best looking I've ever seen. While much here is shipped from international growers, the farmer's market is well-represented by local farmers who truck in their product daily. This being October and close to Thanksgiving, pumpkins, squash and root vegetables were in abundance. Farmers pay $3.14 a square foot to be able to sell stuff here and haggling over prices is standard.

20071006_squash.jpg
20071006_pumpkin.jpg
20071006_zucchini.jpg

The whole operation is overseen by the Ontario Food Terminal Board and disputes are policed internally. Its 67 cameras recording video to catch would-be thieves are just a line item of the $8 million of expenses the OFT board incurs each year. But with a revenue rate exceeding that by $1 million, the operation is profitable, self-sustaining and receives no government support or preferential treatment despite its status as an agency of the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.

Buyers come here from all over Ontario, Upstate NY, Quebec and the Maritime provinces. Some of those that operate here are among the wealthiest families in Canada. According to Pierre Belanger and Angela Iarocci who have been at the forefront of documenting the OFT, perhaps its most striking characteristic is its tenancy system. They write:

The thirty-year leases held by the most powerful grocers in the city are renewable in perpetuity, privileging a small number of family-owned businesses that have kept a tight hold on their terminal rights for over three generations. The business is so robust, and the leases are so sought after, that each one is estimated to be worth over a million dollars in annual economic returns.

That a serious amount of money flows through here shouldn't come as a surprise. During downtimes, workers like those below can be seen engaging in a game of cards. Money is being exchanged here too if the wads of twenties I saw gripped by some participants is any indication.

20071006_cards.jpg

More photos:

Pears as seen inside the cold storage facilities. They're fresher than they look at the typical grocery store.

20071006_pears.jpg

Baskets of vegetables like these peppers are a common sight in the farmer's market.

20071006_peppers2.jpg

If you liked this article you might also like Inside the South Central Letter Processing Plant.

Gloria / October 7, 2007 at 01:04 pm
Wow! Amazing post.
Carrie / October 7, 2007 at 01:51 pm
Interesting read. Too bad the general public can't buy from there...everything looks so much fresher!
Laura Young / October 11, 2007 at 04:03 am
Great pics of the produce at the Food Terminal. Interesting to see what's happening there these days. My family farmed our plot of land on Holland Marsh since the 1950's and my grandfather had a stall at the Ontario Food Terminal, which we finally let go in the 1980s when he passed away. I wish the tour would have included for you a history of the place that showed the difference between the pre-CAFTA and NAFTA deals and today. Before amalgamation of the major grocers, which was before NAFTA, all the Toronto grocers showed up every day, and buying and selling could only officially start at 6am - buyers and sellers would line up on opposite sides of a white line, and a police officer at one end of the line would blow his whistle, whereupon the buyers and sellers would literally run towards each other to carry out their deals for the best produce of the day. That's how "in season" produce was handled - whatever made it past the weather and pests and was available in limited amounts would be up for grabs to grocers in a fair manner, though some made prearranged deals very quietly.

Sad that at the Ontario Food Terminal not even the ghosts of local farmers that have been squeezed out of the business by American wholesalers and fellow farmers opted for large scale farming whisper about the more sustainable past.

Some advocates of the free market system might say that free trade has resulted in a less chaotic Ontario Food Terminal, since the few major grocery buyers can be supplied with "fresh" produce from few suppliers year round, but who benefits from this but the grocers and the lucky industrial sized suppliers?
Kendell Harrington / February 12, 2008 at 09:57 am
I would like to export the best hot peppers from Trinidad to Canada but I don’t have a market. So if you know any1 that would be interested in my produce feel free and let them contact me and I would send all the info and pictures that they would need. Thanks. trinipepperking@yahoo.com 18683832501
Regards Kendell
Dina Mastrantoni / March 20, 2008 at 11:15 am
I would like to apply for access into the food terminal. How much is the application and where can I apply. Please contact me at (905) 893-9957 Thank you very much.
Licketysplit / April 24, 2008 at 08:17 pm
My father worked at the Terminal in the '60's and 70's as a driver. I remember spending summers with him in his truck, rolling through the city and depositing produce at various grocery stores. It was a fun time.
A. / April 25, 2008 at 11:01 am
To whom it may concern-

I am trying to reach the author of this content for permission to use one of the graphics in a business journal.

Please contact me.

Regards,

A. MacDonald
claris haris / June 26, 2008 at 10:50 pm
i would like to get some of your product formy store
claris haris / June 26, 2008 at 10:50 pm
i would like to get some of your product formy store
IRENE / July 23, 2008 at 09:36 am
DO YOU NEED A PST NUMBER TO BUY PRODUCE AT THE FOOD TERMINAL OR CAN ANYBODY BUY??
oneyda Lopez / January 30, 2009 at 11:51 am
I'm looking for buyers for the followng produces
OKRA
PLATAIN
LIMES
MANGO
FLOWERS PICTURES AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE
CONTACT ME AT 647- 241- 3630
ED replying to a comment from Laura Young / March 10, 2009 at 08:04 pm
Hi Laura, that story is really cool. I like the history told be other people and yes it would be nice if someone had included what went on a long time ago. I currently work at the terminal taking care of some of the refrigeration there. My father was servicing 17yrs ago and things have changed a lot. The market got a little smaller and there was rumors of selling the land for development. Where would they go? The only thing that makes me think they'll stay is they just spent a lot on the loading docks. Would your family or anyone reading this have old photos of the market ? Please email me. Oh one more thing, Thanks to all the farmers and families. Ed
cameron john / April 3, 2009 at 10:15 am
<i>Editor's note: *name address contact removed*</i>

OBJECTIVE
To obtain a position that will allow me to use my exceptional customer service skills.

SUMMARY OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others, in both supervisory or support staff roles
• Played US college basketball and all-star Peel Region High School Player
• Focused on goals, successfully competing in collegiate sports and simultaneously earning 3.68 GPA
• Creative and dedicated in exercise routines; task oriented capable of getting the job done

Customer Service Experience
• Played a key role increasing retention as well as satisfaction rates
• Handled relationship management functions promoting and maintaining relationships with a diverse cliental; conducted field visits to solve customer concerns
• Improving customer service based on client feedback through the development of new policies and procedure

Sales Experience
• Performed marketing research, Participated in sales function
• Attended trade shows, and promoted products and services

Leadership
• Taught young soccer players fair play, self-esteem, confidence and teamwork
• Directed and trained soccer players, coordinating activities and drills, and emphasizing and modeling teamwork and fair play
• Successfully led sales team to exceed highest targets within company
• Implemented training course for new recruits — speeding profitability

Teamwork
• Active member / player of competitive sports teams, learning and exhibiting teamwork, self-sacrifice for the teams' good, drive to win, initiative and commitment to goals

WORK HISTORY

Basketball Coach York University Summer Camp 2006
General Labourer BRR Logistics 2005 - 2006
Customer Service Trade Span 2003 - 2004
Cashier / Customer Service T- Shirt Fantasy 1995 - 1999

ACHIEVEMENTS
Basketball scholarship to attend school in Vincennes University, Indiana
Peel region all star in high school basketball; Second highest grade point average on team

EDUCATION
Youth Enhancement Support Service Certificate Vincennes University, Indiana USA

Reference Available Upon Request
Matt / April 3, 2009 at 10:48 am
You're fired, <i>resume writer</i>*!

<i>Editor's note: *name removed*</i>
Shay / April 3, 2009 at 01:08 pm
Get a job, <i>resume writer</i>*! oh right... you don't have a life to get one...

<i>Editor's note: *name removed*</i>
Ashamed of Shay / April 3, 2009 at 01:18 pm
Shay

Your comment is insensitive to the thousands of people who are being laid off in a recession. Having a "life" or not having a "life" has nothing to do with being laid off or not being able to find a job. Recessions and companies losing money has everything to do with it.

Shame on you.

<i>Resume writer</i>*: You seem like a bright kid, I hope you find a job.

<i>Editor's note: *name removed*</i>
Mike / June 12, 2009 at 05:49 pm
My dad worked at the OFT for almost 40 years with Gamble Robinson and I worked there for 2 summers. It is an amazing experience
Syed Abbas / June 25, 2009 at 12:58 pm
I am from Pakistan, suprise to see such a wonderful and organise market place but seems it is not open for all.
Pls advice me what is the procedure to check this market from inside (ofcourse after arriving in Canada)?
Who can shop ( every one or just grocery owner)?
What is the proicedure to have a stall (small place) in this Market??? What is the leasing rent?

B/Regards
Syed
Micky / July 13, 2009 at 12:25 pm
How do I get access to the market ?
Where do I pay the $155.00 dollars ?
I need to buy 5000 pieces of sweet corn , green lemon, coconut.
Email me right away with price.
My email : mick
angelo / July 18, 2009 at 07:06 pm
can some nice person tell me the price of strawberries per flat, a flat of 6 pineapples, a flat of red grapes, and 9count cantalope per flat. thank you!
angelo replying to a comment from Carrie / July 18, 2009 at 07:10 pm
can you please tell me prices for flats of strawberries,red grapes, 9 count cantelopes,and pineapples please and thank you!
Jeff / July 20, 2009 at 09:14 am
I have fresh sweet corn starting July 27 would like to sell direct but might have to go to the terminal. how do I learn how? 613 847 1232
eduardo silveira / August 11, 2009 at 10:40 am
lookimg for prizes on ontario vegetals and frut for new store to be open on september.

R. Silveira
eduardo silveira / August 11, 2009 at 10:42 am
prizes on frut and vegetales from ontario for a new store open on september
Chris / September 21, 2009 at 10:41 am
We have great quality yellow yams and sweet potatoes coming from Jamaica and want to sell in the OFT...what's the procedure to get in ????
Abdool / October 15, 2009 at 03:56 pm
I have excellent quality of Coconut, wrapped or unwrapped in bags of 25. If you are interested let me know.
Abdool replying to a comment from Micky / October 15, 2009 at 04:01 pm
Hi Micky, If you are still interested in Coconut, email me. I can supply you with the 5000 pieces that you required.
leslie / October 30, 2009 at 12:00 pm
I would like to purchase carrots for export. Could you help me or is there someone who would like to sell me. Also how could I get access to the Food Terminal. How do i apply
NADA replying to a comment from Carrie / November 19, 2009 at 03:37 pm
I AM LOOKING TO BUY LOTS JAMAICAN HOT PEPPERS, (RAW), BORA AND EGG PLANT, CALL 647-349-0250
chris / November 19, 2009 at 04:25 pm
May be best to source it in Ja and air freight into Pearson
chris / November 19, 2009 at 04:38 pm
Wholesale quantities of Jamaican yellow yams,sweetpotat potato for sale @@ @ be best to source it in Ja and air freight into Pe@arson
chris / November 19, 2009 at 04:43 pm
Jamaican Yellow yams,sweet potato,dasheen and more in large amounts

llarge qquantiti
Abdool replying to a comment from NADA / November 19, 2009 at 07:55 pm
Hi Nada, I can supply you with Hot Peppers from Guyana and probably the Bora and Eggplant. Email me (abhack1109@rogers.com) with quantity and frequency.
Kadian / November 24, 2009 at 12:01 pm
Hello my name is Kadian and the youth worker for a non-profit organization, I wanted to know if anyone knows any food organization who be willing to do in-kind donation to our first boys cooking program within the Jamestown area. Please let me know, please and thank you. If you need to reach me my email is kadian.barnes@rexdalechc.com
Pat / November 29, 2009 at 08:39 am
What is the cost of a daily stall on the outdoor market?
What time does the market open for vendors and what time is the market over? If anyone has this information that would be great.
Pat
pj@vaxxine.com
NADA replying to a comment from Abdool / December 8, 2009 at 12:28 pm
ABDOOL. EMAIL ME TODAY WITH PRICE ON BORA, PEPPER AND EGGPLANT@STABROEKMARKETPLACE@HOTMAIL.COM
eduardo / January 15, 2010 at 08:43 pm
I want to import tomatoes from mexico somebody interested to buy please send a e mail to natrxedu27@hotmail.com 416 562 96 45
eduardo / January 15, 2010 at 08:45 pm
I want to import tomatoes from mexico. somebody importing tomatoes please contact me 416 562 96 45
Aly Karmali / March 2, 2010 at 05:29 pm
I currently buy & sell wholesale produce from the Ontario Food Terminal along with direct from farmers throughout Ontario. I buy from the Ontario Food Terminal every Wednesday (please order 1 day ahead) and can arrange delivery or pick-up everyday from 7:00am - 4:30pm. Any company/individual seeking produce can reach me at (905) 270-4322 or via email at aly.karmali0720@gmail.com.
Antonio / May 26, 2010 at 03:49 pm
How can I apply for a job at this food terminal? Please contact me, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks,
Antonio.
Imperial Produce Packers Ltd. / June 7, 2010 at 01:49 pm
looking to sell fresh peeled onions and fresh peeled carrots and also handle all fruits and vegetables in the greater Toronto area please contact (416)662-8282 and ask for Joe call for prices and or place orders. thank you
philip / June 15, 2010 at 08:46 pm
If anyone needs produce, call me. I will deliver or you can pick up. ALL kinds of produce available. try me once and see, you won't regret it!
philip / June 15, 2010 at 08:47 pm
If anyone needs produce, call me at 905-426-8452. I will deliver right to your door, or you can pick it up. ALL kinds of produce available. Try me once and see, you won't regret it!
fernando / June 24, 2010 at 12:38 pm
I believe you are mistaken when you say is the third largest... you seem to forget Mexico's city "Central de Abastos" which is probably bigger than LA and Chicago's...
christian / July 27, 2010 at 05:42 pm
We plant an acre of chemical free potatoes this years next year we plant some organicaly. Yukon Gold, Agria, Almera.
Where can we sell those ? Can we come to the OFT ? What´s price buyer paid there for local potatoes ?
Loleta / September 12, 2010 at 03:49 pm
Hi Chris:

If you are interested in Jamaican Produce, such as yellow yams, Sweet Potato, Dasheen, Coco, etc. Please give me a call 876-412-2687
fa / September 30, 2010 at 02:25 am
I'm looking for pumpkins for school fundraiser any ideas where I can find a great supplier?
fa / September 30, 2010 at 02:26 am
corey rodger pynn / October 31, 2010 at 01:39 pm
I LOVE YOUR PICS I WORKED THERE FOR MANY YEARS! I WORKED AT THE FARMERS MARKET AND INSIDE TOO ! THEY CALLED ME NEWF! IT WAS LIKE A BIG FAMILY ! WITH LOTS OF FRUIT !!
corey rodger pynn replying to a comment from Antonio / October 31, 2010 at 01:43 pm
ITS LIKE ANY PLACE JUST GO THERE AND FILL OUT A APPLICATION ! YOU GOT 20 PLACES TOO CHOOSE FROM ITS 165 THE QUEENWAY T,O
Rohan / February 7, 2011 at 03:59 pm
Does anyone know the requirements needed to purchase from the Ontario Food Terminal?

I'm a vendor looking to purchase wholesale organic produce on a weekly basis.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone who has a permit would be able to purchase organic produce for me and deliver downtown.

My first order is:

10 butternut squash
20lbs of beets
10 heads of cauliflower
10 bunches of brocoli
40 navel oranges
20 lemons
90 apples
40 bananas (fair trade)
20-40 zuchini (depending on size)
10 bunches of chard
20 kiwi
10 bags of lettuce.

Please let me know your price for the above items + delivery charge.

Note: business is growing and order size will be increasing every week.

Please contact me at: rohan.karan518@gmail.com

Thanks
Rohan
Tom / February 11, 2011 at 05:57 pm
Excellent post and photos.
I was an insider for few month in 2000-2001.
It was a tough, unforgiving place to work and not much pay. but the time I spend there gave me a peak into the workers soul.
There are many oldtimers, but many people just find this gig as nothing else is available. This place have own rules and code of conduct. I feel that similar environment exist in prison.

There is a plot of several books and movies there. If I had talent in that department, I would write one.

CARLO / March 12, 2011 at 02:37 am
I looking for some 1 to MAKE BUSINESS, I Import those fresh products from MEXICO, CENTRAL AMERICA and DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, and I looking to share any space into the OFT or somebody let me know wath can I do to apply for a small stall to lease o for rent or sub-lease, anyways this is the list of the products I have to Import:

1. Lemon (green)
2. Hass Advocados
3. Mangos
4. Pure honey bee
5. White Honey
6. Dried Coffe
7. Strawberries
8. dried beens ( red and black)
9. Green beans
10. Garlic
Aly K replying to a comment from CARLO / March 12, 2011 at 07:04 pm
Hi Carlo,

I currently sell produce to local farmers in OFT, please give me a call at (519) 572-8097, or e-mail me at aly.karmali0720@gmail.com to discuss further.

kathy / March 15, 2011 at 10:42 am
Hi. I am looking to buy about 10 lbs of scotch bonnet peppers grown in T'dad /mnth from the food terminal. I know its not a lot but if any one can help me out with this please email me at stonycoldoflonesome@yahoo.ca.

Regards
Kathy
corey / March 15, 2011 at 06:01 pm
kathy you might get a 10 lbs box at the terminal but you cant come of the sreet you have too have a permit too get in !! better off just going too the grocery store the might hook you up if you want alot !!!
Adam / April 3, 2011 at 06:20 pm
Thank you for this great write-up! I am a grad student in New York City and a community advocate in Hunts Point. I am studying our own Terminal Produce Market to look for ways that it can serve us better and help increase healthy food access in the South Bronx. This blog entry helped me get a better sense of how the Ontario Food Terminal operates. Excellent job!
kiara / May 20, 2011 at 10:29 am
For Sale!!!Sweet Potato and Pumpkins From Honduras.
If interested, we will deliver.
Thanks
Abdool replying to a comment from kiara / May 20, 2011 at 07:13 pm
Hi Kiara,
I'm interested, email me at abhack1109@rogers.com.
Thanks.
Abdool replying to a comment from kiara / May 20, 2011 at 07:21 pm
Hi Kiara,
I'm interested, please email me at abhack1109@rogers.com
Thanks.
CARLOS / May 20, 2011 at 07:42 pm
I HAVE FRESH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES IMPORTED FROM MEXICO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AND COSTA RICA, EXQUISITE TROPICAL FRUIT ONLY WHOLESALES, BROKERS O RETAILERS, THANK YOU
Abdool replying to a comment from CARLOS / May 20, 2011 at 08:06 pm
Hi Carlos,
Email me with what you have and price.
abhack1109@rogers.com
Thanks
carlo / May 28, 2011 at 01:34 am
THIS TO INFORM ALL MY FRIENDS FARMERS, AND PEOPLE IN THE PRODUCE BUSINESS, BECARFULL WITH THIS PERSON BECAUSE HE ASKED LIKE A PEOPLE INTERESTED IN BUY SOME PRODUCE, BUT THE ONLY HE NEED IS SPY INSIDE IN YOUR BUSINESS, BE AWARE TO THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS, """"ABHACK1109@ROGERS.COM"""""" HE IS NOT A GOOD PERSON. BE CAREFULL
Abdool replying to a comment from carlo / May 28, 2011 at 08:02 am
Hi Carlo,
Why are you doing this. You asked me to give you a price for your products and because I said that I made contact with exporters from the Dominican Republic thru the Dominican Embassy in Ottawa and that is the only price that I have, and it would not be fair for me to quote you a low price, you are posting that I am a spy. I told you that I was willing to buy the products from you. Is it because I'm being truthful, you think that I'm a spy.
ValleyGirl replying to a comment from carlo / May 30, 2011 at 07:01 pm
This is not true, i have been doing business with abhack1109 for three years now, during that time he was nothing but honest. Never had a problem with abhack1109.
jazn54 / July 23, 2011 at 08:12 pm
I'm looking for anyone who can provide organic produce to the Thornhill/Vaughan area. Please email me at jazn54@gmail.com
Lloyd / September 16, 2011 at 09:43 am
I am interested in purchasing Jamaican produce such as yellow yams for my store, please contact me at krisalys63@hotmail.com
Lloyd / September 18, 2011 at 03:28 pm
I need to source yellow yam etc from Jamaica for a West Indian grocery store I am starting soon. Please e-mail me at krisalys63@hotmail.com. Thanks.
Robert Simpson / November 29, 2011 at 04:06 pm
I have 200 bins of organic butternut squash for sale. Take 1 bin or several, excellent quality. Must ship before end of 2011. Call 1-800-667-0361.
Marie Boucher / December 1, 2011 at 09:02 am
Wow! Thank you! Your terrific post on the OFT which we all called "the market" when I was growing up, brought back a floodgate of wonderful memories for me! My father and his father before him grew raspberries on their family farm in Brooklin from the late 1920's until the 1990's. They also grew apples during some of those years and my father later grew corn for many years, in addition to the raspberries. My parents also operated a fruitstand at the front of their farm, so for many years our father would take raspberries and/or corn and apples to the OFT and then purchase produce to sell at their fruit stand. I was the eldest of four children and from the time I was almost five years old during the summer of 1954, my father would occasionally take me with him. We would have to leave home soon after midnight in order to get a good parking spot at the OFT. Then we would try to sleep in the cab of the truck until buying was allowed to start around 6:45 (???) a.m. I never realized, until I read your article however, that the present day OFT actually first opened in 1954! I remember my father talking about how he and his father used to go to the St. Lawrence location though. Through the years, my two sisters, my brother and even some of our friends and later even our spouses were lucky enough to have gone with our father and witnessed the excitement and hustle and bustle of the OFT. When we were kids we were allowed to ride there in the back of our father's 1947 two-ton stake truck with its open air racks. How times have changed and how I miss those years. What a thrill it would be to once again experience being allowed into the OFT! I loved the pictures you posted too, especially the ones that look like they were taken from the farmers' section.
TA09 / December 4, 2011 at 01:18 pm
Looking for cases of Nopal (Opuntia) Cactus Pads.-The pads that prickly pears grow on- Fresh and Dried. Capacity is approximately 2-3 cases bi-monthly, but expected to grow to 6+ cases. SORRY, NOT INTERESTED IN IMPORTING. Only from sellers already in Ontario. Also wanting rare fruits and seeds (ie: African Horned Melon, Jackfruit, Rambutan, Kumquat, Mangosteen etc etc)

tetraspis09@gmail.com
Philip / December 9, 2011 at 01:55 pm
Hey,

I've been looking at some of the comments that have been left, if anyone has a restaurants or a store in the general dt area that doesn't have a member ship or equipment to get the stuff needed, please email me which I leave at the end of the post. I'm currently working for a company that does produce delieveries and if anything is needed we can get. The owner of the company has been in the business for 25 years and has an awesome network when it comes to farmers and is constantly looking for new clients.
So if anything is needed or any questions please feel free to reach me at p.cho1987@gmail.com
Thanks.
Phil.
Nick / December 11, 2011 at 01:30 pm
Nopal cactus - Prickly pear cactus fresh pads and Red fruit growers - Buy direct from us the growers, by the 52 FT REEFER 22 Pallet/40MT Packed as you require - request quotes at sales@nopalexport.com or ask for Nick at our USA direct line to our Mexico office 1-626-737-1629
Cheryle Maracle / December 19, 2011 at 11:52 am
Great looking Produce!! I am interested in talking to someone about how to pay the Vendors Permit Fee and how to get on the delivery list as a small grocer in the Belleville, ONT area. Please contact Cheryle at turtleislandpark@live.com
JB TROPICAL / January 5, 2012 at 01:40 am
Lots of mangoes availble from guyana.
Unbeatable Price , Amazing Quality.
Ori Wilson / January 23, 2012 at 07:25 pm
Will pick-up orders at the terminal weekday evenings. $40 flat rate. Call 416-895-7097 (have Dodge Caravan) Cheers
Dil / January 30, 2012 at 10:08 pm
How to become a member to buy vegetables, and what is there contact number?

thanks
corey / February 3, 2012 at 04:56 pm
Hi I'm a 23 year old male that is strong and reliable. I am looking for general labor or any warehouse positions. I've been looking for some 1 to e-mail about a job, but couldn't find any 1... Any help please e-mail me at corey.warren@hotmail.ca

I'd love to work at the food terminal
corey / February 3, 2012 at 04:57 pm
I'll e-mail you my resume as well
KELLY SHIPTON / February 11, 2012 at 03:30 pm
Does any one know of someone delivering organic produce in Huntsville barrie area?

Thanks kelly
wecater@vianet.ca
Motaz Hassan replying to a comment from eduardo silveira / February 17, 2012 at 01:30 am
We are a well-established import company in Canada and the US and we sell almost all types of fruits and some vegetables. Currenlty we have perfect quality of limes, Avocado, mango, and pineapple yet our main specialtu is limes and avocado..if you or anyone is intersted to make business with us we are so open. Just respond to this email and we shall tell you all about our company and business.
Tony Da Silva / February 17, 2012 at 02:28 am
I still remenber the great times I hed when I worked back in the 80's and 90's in Global Produce Sales and Morris brown .
bob briese / February 18, 2012 at 12:04 am
who carries fresh aji amirillo peppers from peru area
i have a friend looking for some so he can cook real peru food but cant find which supermarket carries it

help
Lorenzo / February 27, 2012 at 06:22 pm
i would like some info on how to obtain a membership card at the terminal as i used to work for Gamble and sunkist fruit markets in the early 80s please advise thank you
416 999-3903 or email me at info@mowmow.ca
David Rosenthal / February 28, 2012 at 03:39 pm

Dear Management Your personal involvement is requested

I am a senior manager at Solar Stream Green Energy Group, a leading renewable energy developer. Our objective is help others “go green” and make sure we all benefit financially from the process, we have obtained many approved contracts through the Ontario Power Authority to generate revenue through the various government tariffs applied to renewable energy.

The real estate industry is known as word of mouth/advertising/ brand awareness and commission based. Solar Stream’s programs with other Brokers have proven that and more ……….

In order for us to utilize those approved projects we require space to install. We have approved projects that just require the roof tops and or grounds (potential roofs and or grounds that you may think of from your naturally big network, occupied or vacant or even the building you work from) in order for us to install our project.

There are several ways that you can benefit from this that we can present during a brief meeting.
One of our “famous” options that many building owners choose is a roof repair/re build option

My next week is really busy but the week after is open so far, when can we get together?

Obviously, we will come to you.

Best regards,

David Rosenthal
Solar PV Consultant
Cell: 416-659-4899
Office: 416-900-3800
Fax: 866-831-5316
www.solarstreamenergy.ca
www.gemco.co

" A PROUD CANADIAN COMPANY "

Che replying to a comment from IRENE / March 16, 2012 at 05:05 pm
You need to provide business documents to make them sure that you are an owner of some business, related to food, such as restaurant, grocery store etc. and read here more about OFT and the rules http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Food_Terminal
Alex / April 7, 2012 at 11:58 pm
We Import Fruits, We have Mango 100% good flavor, good price , boxes with 12 pounds with 9 Tommy mangos, pineapples, and more.
E Sepia / April 26, 2012 at 10:02 pm
Hi there,
I am looking to buy coconuts, preferably unwrapped, at least 1500 pieces. Looking for prices from any suppliers please. Please get in touch etirecipes@yahoo.com
robert replying to a comment from JB TROPICAL / April 27, 2012 at 01:28 pm
Im interested in the prices of your mangoes here.
Robert 4169938417
edison replying to a comment from philip / May 20, 2012 at 10:32 am
Looking for fresh pineapple and fresh sweet corn
koochy / May 22, 2012 at 10:25 pm
Terrific post! Thank you.
edison replying to a comment from Alex / May 28, 2012 at 09:26 pm
Hey alex i am looking for fresh pineapple can you send me the price
Wadith Garcia / May 29, 2012 at 07:37 am
I am business partner of a food processor company and we are looking to buy certify organic dry white corn, any body is carrying that product? If so can we get a quote?

Thanks
Paul Demp / June 2, 2012 at 06:41 pm
We are looking to purchase a sizeable amount of sweet corn for June 26th. If you have a source, please feel free to contact me with your price points.

Josef / July 16, 2012 at 08:03 am
Hi my name is Josef and I bring to Canada brand new products from Europe . I looking for potencial buyer in GTA area and accross Canada. The product is natural mineral and spring water from Czech Republic. All info about I can answer by phone 416 829 2622 or email me boomlake@hotmail.com or we can meet live. Josef H.
oscar la fuente replying to a comment from Wadith Garcia / August 5, 2012 at 11:54 am
Hi Wadith, I just read your request for white corn, I need more specs regarding specie and final use, we carry different kinds of corn, quinoa and other cereals, so if interested mail me ASAP to provide you with prices. Its also important to know about requiered volume and frecuency.
kindly yours

oscar
oscar la fuente replying to a comment from Wadith Garcia / August 5, 2012 at 11:57 am
for Wadith and other interested
just in case our e-mail is transforest@gmail.com
Baig replying to a comment from Alex / September 6, 2012 at 06:36 pm
I want to buy fruit and vegetable for personal use, though need large quantity.
Dee / September 12, 2012 at 04:02 pm
Looking to buy little bit of hot peppers from trinidad. Anyone know someone email trinidee247@gmail.com
Natasha Narayan replying to a comment from Abdool / January 10, 2013 at 11:31 am
Hi Abdool. I'm an interested in purchashing young thai coconuts wholesale for a restaurant in Toronto. Please contact me and provide more details of what you can offer.
marly / February 26, 2013 at 11:40 am
Hi there
What agancie do you go throught to get a job in the food termanil or how do you get in.
thank's
Firuz / March 4, 2013 at 09:57 pm
We are starting a new project for growing leaf lettuce in a greenhouse. Could you tell us how to sell our product to Ontario food terminal?
David Naulls / March 5, 2013 at 02:26 pm
I represent a large Sweet Potato exporter from Honduras. The company is already exporting watermelons and other produce to the United States. We can supply large quantities of sweet potatoes and great prices. I'm looking for an importer interested in buying regularly. Email if interested.
Patricia Stadnik / March 11, 2013 at 08:40 pm
Hi, I'm looking to buy organic fruit and vegetables, price per case. Can range from week to week pending on produce. Delivery to London and or Kitchener.
WOW! / March 11, 2013 at 09:13 pm
To everybody looking to buy goods from current OFT buyers - forget it! If you have a business license, as a restaurant or a reseller, simply contact the OFT for more information. That's it. Do the legwork, do the work, make money. Nobody is here to make a quick buck off of "young thai coconuts"... Get real, you cheapskates.
lee replying to a comment from Abdool / March 18, 2013 at 04:07 pm
how do you sell the young thai coconuts? please let me know. thanks. lee
yves / March 27, 2013 at 09:53 am
I have coconuts in bags by container 32000 per container for sale from Dominican Republic each bag contains 40 to 50 coconuts.

Also in container I have available very sweet papaya red lady samples can be provided
webster replying to a comment from Jeff / August 29, 2013 at 08:10 pm
Hi JEFf, do you have corn this year? Please let me know, i am in Tontonto.

Thanks
Dave / September 24, 2013 at 03:55 pm
If you buy produce by the pallet contact us to save money
We can deliver or you can pick up to save even more $$$$
Send contact info to save time

Regards

Dave
TLTraders@yahoo.ca
Ingrid4Water / October 18, 2013 at 11:46 pm
It generally takes a lot of pressure and is fairly
but it works. In order to promote special branding,
you can also customize your tags with specially designed artwork and symbols.
Water not only to get rid of thirst, but it is a tool to
improve the rate of metabolism.
Hewawasam A,G, Attanayake / October 19, 2013 at 12:00 pm
We have quality vegetables and fruits in Sri Lanka (Colombo).Anyone interested to make business with us we are so open. Just respond to this email and we shall tell you all about our business. We expect you also to tell us the kind of quality veggies and fruit you like.
Hewawasam A,G, Attanayake / October 26, 2013 at 06:38 am
We have quality vegetables and fruits in Sri Lanka (Colombo).Anyone interested to make business with us we are so open. Just respond to hagsuper78@gmail.com and we shall tell you all about our business. We expect you also to tell us the kind of quality veggies and fruit you like.
sandra replying to a comment from Abdool / February 5, 2014 at 04:05 pm
hey, I am looking for green coconuts are you able to supply me with an ongoing amount this summer?
great / March 9, 2014 at 06:39 am
CONGRATULATION
Dear friend your email was selected among the ten lucky people giving the opportunity of becoming rich and popular by joining the great Illuminati network for more details please contact Mr Wesson Dan via email (great_illuminati@qq.com) for more details join today and see all your dreams come true.