Monday, November 24, 2014Cloudy 7°C

Rob Ford's gold medal victory dance makes Kimmel

Posted by Derek Flack / February 21, 2014

Rob Ford Kimmel Gold Medal CelebrationWhen the Canadian women's hockey team came back to win gold in overtime yesterday, it was about as exciting as sports get. And no one was more enthused than Rob Ford. Say what you will about the mayor, I actually find his jumping victory dance rather endearing. Sure he looks awkward, but it's also the happiest I think I've seen him in ages. The problem is, of course, that given his past history of hijinks on the council floor, everyone's going to take note of his exuberant outburst. And that includes Jimmy Kimmel, who's developed quite the fascination with our mayor over the last few months.

If you've seen the video of Ford's celebration, you'll understand why it made the host's opening monologue (just a day after Fallon started off with Ford as well). On its own, it'd be a quirky outburst of positive emotion. Placed in the context of various scandals, it can't help but add to a narrative in which restraint has posed a challenge for the mayor.

Canada Strong and True / February 21, 2014 at 09:55 am
"The Americans are paying attention to us again, yay!"

Way to keep emasculating Canada. BlogTo, thanks.

It is focusing on crap like this which makes our nation look luck a bunch of wanna-bes.
Ryan replying to a comment from Canada Strong and True / February 21, 2014 at 10:04 am
I feel like you seem to care too much about how a different country views us.

Stop projecting.
jammytoejam / February 21, 2014 at 10:57 am
"Us losing to Canada in hockey would be like them losing to us in child obesity." Ha, that was pretty funny.
bitterguy2000 replying to a comment from Canada Strong and True / February 21, 2014 at 11:25 am
YEAH CUZ LIKE SERIOUSLY RIGHT GUYS? Like, Oh Em Gee right like, I can't believe I was forced to look at this website with a gun to my head just like you right? I mean like, it's not like, I can just like, not read this, like, right? Like?
mar replying to a comment from Ryan / February 21, 2014 at 11:38 am
so well put
Dr. Kukko / February 21, 2014 at 11:57 am
Mayor Hate's inane physical gyrations match his inane mental gyrations and those of F--d N----n.
Dr. Kukko / February 21, 2014 at 12:03 pm
I apologize for typing F--d N----n. From now on it will be Feces Nation. OK with you, Irwin 'Feces' Mimico?
James / February 21, 2014 at 12:25 pm
And to think, the ground shaking isn't a special effect.
canuckone / February 21, 2014 at 01:21 pm
We're laughing our asses of all the way to the beach down here in Florida. Great clip... thanks Jimmy. Rob Ford... the loser that keeps on giving.
Paul "Barry" Karn / February 21, 2014 at 01:59 pm
I pooped my bed & I liked it!
O.Chow replying to a comment from Canada Strong and True / February 21, 2014 at 03:40 pm
get over yourself ...you are everything that is wrong with Canada
O.Chow / February 21, 2014 at 03:42 pm
that was for Canada Strong and true
Mayor Hate / February 21, 2014 at 07:24 pm
Hate More Years! Vote Hate!
sunil gupta / February 21, 2014 at 08:45 pm
rob ford is saying he will being at baston pissa on queenways on sunday to watchin hockey mens playing final. peeple, rob is also bring crack cokain, i not know why he bring broken cokain, why not bringing whole cokain? rob ford is my hero. he is so big ajd bubbly and he always touching touching me. other nght rob say he want to playing with my samosa and so i say only f i can play with his pompadom. then rob ford he take off his trousers and tell me to stickit in. so i stick it. after he doing happy dance jumping up down up down. rob is ky hero. i loving you rob ford. sandro and massoudi can GTFO. i *heart* rob ford.