Thursday, October 30, 2014Mostly Cloudy 5°C

Second video shows Ford with Lisi at Steak Queen

Posted by Chris Bateman / January 21, 2014

toronto rob fordA second video from Rob Ford's bizarre visit to Etobicoke's Steak Queen restaurant has surfaced on YouTube. This one, apparently taken surreptitiously by another diner at the Rexdale Blvd. hamburger and souvlaki joint, shows Ford seated calmly with a man who appears to be Sandro Lisi, the mayor's former driver.

Lisi, a "close friend" of the mayor, is facing a charge of extortion related to the video of Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine and is currently on bail.

toronto rob fordThough Ford appears to be wearing the same red tie as in the video released earlier today, it's not clear when it was filmed. One of the TV screens shows the logos of the Toronto Raptors and the Philadelphia 76ers. The two teams are due to meet Friday. The specials board at the counter also seems to match the first video.

Perhaps more conclusively, the newspaper in front of the person making the video is open to Mike Strobel's column in this Sunday's edition of the Toronto Sun, meaning it could only have been taken late on Sunday or Monday.

toronto rob fordWill the appearance of Sandro Lisi pile more pressure on Ford? How do you think the mayor will react to this video?

Chris Bateman is a staff writer at blogTO. Follow him on Twitter at @chrisbateman.

harvard / January 21, 2014 at 09:28 pm
I wonder how the person placed the camera to take the video
Sandro Lisi / January 21, 2014 at 09:30 pm
Wasn't me. Was Moose & Squirrel.
Dogma / January 21, 2014 at 09:49 pm
I like that we got a tour of the washroom as part of the sly effort to capture them on film
posthumous / January 21, 2014 at 09:51 pm
i want this fat fart to disappear already...or at least take the leading role in "coolrunnings: the sequel"
Taneesha / January 21, 2014 at 10:12 pm
Can't he just take a page out of the Budd Dwyer playbook already.
Suicide_Boi / January 21, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Budd Dwyer is my hero. I've watched that video 50 times.
Tania / January 21, 2014 at 10:18 pm
Ohhh an old friend met with an old friend for dinner after all the trials and tribulations they're going through....WOW. I met with some old friends this week as well, SO WHAT!!??

IF theres a second video what cant I see it. I get still photos (who knows if from last winter) and a video of a bathroom....
John Labatt / January 21, 2014 at 10:22 pm
My drug dealer cracks me up.
RKMK / January 21, 2014 at 10:24 pm
... Tania, I presume you spent the day under a rock?
Yardl / January 21, 2014 at 10:30 pm
The more that we promote Ford awareness in articles like this, the greater likelihood of his mayoral re-election. Don't say I didn't warn you.
iSkyscraper / January 21, 2014 at 10:31 pm
The first video was Daily Show / NY Post material.

The second video is the beginning of the end.

Bye Rob.
Jon / January 21, 2014 at 10:39 pm
Rob Ford's still hanging out with his dealer.

Rob Ford still drinking excessively and being offensive.

Doug Ford lying about Rob's whereabouts and drinking when the video surfaces.

Rick / January 21, 2014 at 10:44 pm
Honestly, the videos can keep coming - It doesn't matter. He doesn't have anybody good running against him. On top of that, all of the initial shock happened last year. By the time the election rolls around, none of this stuff will be a big deal and he may very well get in again.
Florida Resident / January 21, 2014 at 10:48 pm
Why was he eating at the Steak Queen? Didn't he say he had enough to eat at home?
Frostbite Falls / January 21, 2014 at 11:05 pm
Hello from Boris Badinov and Natasha!
lol / January 21, 2014 at 11:28 pm
maybe lisi is wearing a wire
Tania / January 21, 2014 at 11:37 pm
Yo Jon so Rob fell off the wagon, he relapsed as those with substance problems will do, but really its no big deal
jen / January 21, 2014 at 11:39 pm
Ok like this crap has to stop about Rob Ford
i gotta love how people act like theres Dr.... Nurses..... Lawyers other mayer that drink smoke weed and yes smoke crack do coke.....and there not being on the front page of the news like really he is still a good Mayor......leave him alone..Go bug the police who are wicked and dont follow the rules....stop wasting your time..leave the man alone let him live his life it didnt happen at work so who cares
Josh / January 21, 2014 at 11:42 pm
This actually makes Rob look good. I mean he's smiling, Lisimis smiling,no ones doing anything wrong. Almost seems promotional or a campaign building promo screener
ToddGivensJunior / January 22, 2014 at 12:18 am
WHO DOESN'T LIKE STEAK?! I MEAN C'MON!
Sonny / January 22, 2014 at 12:21 am
Damn I missed him again at a great take out spot.

I always wished I ran into him on the Danforth, I'd love to go for a Gyro with such a food loving cultural action oriented guy. ROB is great!!!! 2014!
Ric / January 22, 2014 at 12:23 am
The whole WORLD is laughing at our city because of him. Do you really think its just a case of him being singled out? And if you tested positive for crack, would your employer keep you? And do you want the person in charge of this city dealing with shady criminals. Its the people like you who get interviewed by Kimmel/Stewart/Colbert and embarrass the hell out of those of us with more than ten IQ points.
Sam / January 22, 2014 at 12:35 am
CHILL OUT RIC! Are you always this morally just? Or are you just an asshole? Rob might have a problem or two as many people do. Will he struggle? YES. Will he relapse and do it again? YES. I mean your over reacting, CHILL.
Rodney / January 22, 2014 at 12:46 am
Sizzlers Steak and Burger on Yonge St just North of College used to be great. No longer there though, was just up from Pasta perfection.

Marsha A / January 22, 2014 at 02:04 am
I think all the critics should stop being immature and being hypocrites. The Government is probably up to something and Mayor Ford is used to keep your minds on Ford while they surprise you with some shit you are going to mot like. I thought being a peeping tom was against the law.
Awesome / January 22, 2014 at 07:06 am
Canada Goose!!!
Aaron / January 22, 2014 at 09:06 am
The guy the mayor is sitting with is bad news.
Taylor / January 22, 2014 at 09:25 am
Who wants to go to Steak Queen?!
Stacey / January 22, 2014 at 09:58 am
The guy the mayor is sitting with is RAD news.
He's avtually pretty hot, all cleaned and in that goose down.
why / January 22, 2014 at 10:35 am
Jesus Christ.

Why the hell would anyone A) be in that part of town and B) ever want to eat at that place?

Google Street View alone shows just how derelict that area is.
Kate / January 22, 2014 at 11:36 am
Never knock a good greasy spoon, no matter how sketchy some of the clientele seem to be...
Geoff / January 22, 2014 at 12:20 pm
So this 2nd video was shot by TIM STEWART and posted to his own page? Not really an anonymous video. But hats off to him for backing up his own footage.

Rob Ford & Sandro Lisi / January 22, 2014 at 01:20 pm
Rob: Sometimes, I poop my pants. Sandro changes me. Sandro: Yes, I do...no one else will!
chris / January 22, 2014 at 02:07 pm
The Steak Queen has lost my business. Did not know Jamaicans were in the rat business. To film the mayor was so wrong. If you live in a glass house don't throw stones.
Steak Queen / January 22, 2014 at 03:20 pm
Chris is banned from our resto. Eat rat somewhers else. Cha!
Howard101 / January 22, 2014 at 03:57 pm
@Chris 'Did not know Jamaicans were in the rat business.'

Are you living in an episode of The Sopranos? Get out of here, you stupid wanksta.

The guy is a PUBLIC figure. Getting messy in PUBLIC. Meeting known criminal associates linked directly to himself in PUBLIC.

He's ratting on himself. Everybody, film away!

And how do you know that a Jamaican taped him? Because he's in an ethnic restaurant. Chris, please take a seat and shut up.
Rex Dale / January 22, 2014 at 07:10 pm
It's cool that he's got back together to do rails and shots with his lil' buddy Sandro. Cooler still: Lisi's out on bail and rocking a Goose, just like the 15 year old girls at Sherwood Garden.
Rob Ford & Sandro Lisi... / January 23, 2014 at 03:25 am
...Sandro for Mayor! Rob Ford is my sock puppet!