Thursday, November 26, 2015Partly Cloudy 14°C

Jimmy Kimmel weighs in on the latest Rob Ford drama

Posted by Derek Flack / January 22, 2014

Jimmy Kimmel Rob Ford"Have you seen the latest episode of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford?" So begins Jimmy Kimmel's bit on the latest Rob Ford gaffe. The late night talk show host, who's taken quite the interest in our "crack smoking mayor," goes on to note that while Ford had been quiet for the last little while, "the streak of good behaviour appears to have ended..." As is often the case with these things, Kimmel then just lets the now notorious Jamaican patois video do the comedic work before making a few concluding comments, the latter of which are the best part of his monologue.

"Just when you thought he couldn't pull another nugget out of his bag of crazy, he gets drunk and speaks Jamaican in a Steak Queen," Kimmel says in summarizing a thought that had surely crossed many of our minds. "When you're the best, that's what you do... So he's back folks, he back for an all new season of Super Mayor."

Rex / January 22, 2014 at 11:02 am
This is why council removed most of his powers. Loser
logikol / January 22, 2014 at 11:07 am
Tina Turner - Simply The Best
Jessica / January 22, 2014 at 11:11 am
Why did they bleep out the word bumbaclot?
akswun / January 22, 2014 at 11:11 am
So he's having a conversation with someone. He's speaking in 'whiteboy' patois. Doesn't seem like whoever he's talking to is upset.
Council removed his powers because of this? Why because he's cooler than everyone else. Because he can say bumbaclot and cha better than the rest of council? lol CHA!!!
mi wan gyal / January 22, 2014 at 11:11 am
Dogma / January 22, 2014 at 11:30 am
akswun: I don't think it was his ability to say bumbaclot and cha that made council remove his powers. I think there might have been other reasons. Just sayin'.
Jerome / January 22, 2014 at 11:38 am
Dat man has my black vote. Like how he talkin to the people. Respect.
adagio / January 22, 2014 at 12:07 pm
What he does outside of office, on his own time, is no one's business. Why does he have to be punished for drinking outside of work, while on personal time? He is never drunk at work, he is the best mayor Toronto has ever had, saving tax payers money no other mayor had ever done and more.. There are politicians who do much worse at work that affect the people and economy.. there's the real problem and it's those who do worse who are poking at him, wanting to get rid of him - truth be told.
Fatiqua / January 22, 2014 at 12:17 pm
People with double digit IQs should never have access to computers and the internet, adagio.
hip / January 22, 2014 at 12:17 pm
JK's an idiot.
Rob Ford / January 22, 2014 at 01:28 pm
Waaah! Waaah! Make Jimmy stop making fun of me! Waaah!
Hey Adagio! / January 22, 2014 at 01:31 pm
Are you slow, mentally? Adagio means 'slowly', so....wait, did I type that too fast for you?
Mr.A / January 22, 2014 at 02:16 pm
"What he does outside of office, on his own time, is no one's business."

Yes it is. What if he had been this sh!tfaced when the ice storm hit, or something else like the flash floods? The Mayor is on call 24/7. He represents the city 24/7. If he wants a job where he checks out at 5 to get hammered, he should go back to his daddy's sticker factory.

"He is never drunk at work"

We don't know that. I'd bet against it.

"he is the best mayor Toronto has ever had"

He's second best; behind 'everyone else'

"saving tax payers money"

Oh you mean except for the fully financed LRT in Scarborough that he cancelled, and the three billion dollar price tag of his subway extension? Or the extra police he wants to hire, but not pay for? And the lack of infrastructure maintenance that he's neglecting?

Where's Ford's plan to reduce expenditures? What will he cut to get the tax increase lowered? This moron just keeps saying 'lower taxes' and offering no plan to do it.

By the way, if you use Ford's delusional "math" David Miller saved more than Ford.

"it's those who do worse who are poking at him, wanting to get rid of him - truth be told."

No, I want him gone because he's an irresponsible, unfit disaster that has harmed the city I love and will take decades to uno the ruinous policies that this moron keeps pushing.

We've had at least two decades of mayors that managed not to get hammered in public, smoke crack, hang out with drug dealing extortionists, and I think that's not too much to ask.
LMFAO / January 22, 2014 at 02:34 pm
Adagio, you sure aren't all that bright are you?
So by your logic, at 5pm Rob Ford is no longer the Mayor and can do whatever the hell he wants? My god, you Ford asslickers never cease to amaze me.. I bet if he ran someone over while in one of his "drunken stupors", you would still be there with your head up his ass saying "It was the pedestrians fault! Pedestrians should not cross the road, EVER!".

Rob Ford / January 22, 2014 at 03:17 pm
I like to poop! Adagio likes the smell! Cha! Adagio, can you wipe my ass with your bum-ba-cloth?
fusspot / January 22, 2014 at 11:36 pm
JAH!! Robstafari !!
Mimico resident / January 23, 2014 at 06:26 am
This makes me like him even more.
Raze Mimico to the Ground! Wait...! / January 23, 2014 at 08:43 am
user-pic's already been razed...never mind!
Rob Ford / January 23, 2014 at 08:45 am
I like to poop in Mimico!...but I like to pee in Long Branch...straddling the line, donchaknow!
Dumb Conclusions replying to a comment from adagio / January 23, 2014 at 09:56 am
Your right that his personal life shenanigans is a distraction from his actual achievement. But I think his shenanigans is actually helping him out in this respect. I think his strategy is to "be a fuck up so no one notices my fuck ups in office". His second strategy is to also lie about everything ever. A man with such little integrity is not representative of me, or of the people of Toronto.
Rob Ford / January 26, 2014 at 04:10 pm