Friday, October 24, 2014Partly Cloudy 12°C

New in Toronto Real Estate: NXT Condos

Posted by Sarah Ratchford / May 9, 2013

Nxt TorontoNXT Condos seems like a bit of a strange beast thus far. The two-building development located in the Swansea area at Windermere and the Queensway features 383 suites, starting in the mid-$200,000s and climbing to $630,900, which is still on the low end when it comes to condos in Toronto.

Westside density is a good thing at this point, as is it keeps relatively affordable condo units on the market and combats sprawl. But this property is an oddity in that its interior lobby is fully furnished by Fendi. (Toyed with adding a 'fabulous' in there, but I just couldn't do it). I don't know about you, but this seems like an unnecessary stretch toward an especially weird brand of pretension to me.

Nxt TorontoSPECS

Address: 103 The Queensway
Floors: 29
Total number of units: 383
Types of units: One bedroom, one plus den, two bedroom, two plus den.
Unit sizes (in square feet): 687 to 1,521
Ceiling heights: 9'
Initial pricing: $247,900 - $630,900
Maintenance fees: $0.42
Developer: Cresford
Amenities/building features: Indoor and outdoor pools, guest suites, fitness centre with tennis court, party room, community daycare.

Nxt TorontoTHE GOOD

These condos are pretty decent as far as newish developments go. They're bright, airy and open-concept, with light-filled rooms and fashionably stark white walls.

They're in a great location near the bottom of High Park and close to the Lake, so those who live there can have some much-needed green space as well as the run of urban amenities. The view is completely unobstructed (for now, at least) and it looks spectacular — especially the wide frame of the downtown core and the water. I'll take it.

(Also, community daycare FTW).

Nxt TorontoTHE BAD

While some people might be stoked at the prospect of interior décor by Fendi, it's a bit over the top for me. Some people let tackiness run rampant once they make a few dollars beyond what they need. That said, it's just the lobby and buyers have obviously done what they wanted with the units themselves.

Also, there are condos in more convenient areas and closer to downtown within the same bracket. So if that's what you're looking for, you might want to keep looking.

Nxt TorontoOUR TAKE

When all is said and done, there's lots to like here. The view is spectacular, and while they're a little far west for the downtown-set, they're easily accessible via transit. All in all, not a bad spot to live. (But probably not a phenomenal one, either).

Read other posts in this series via our Toronto Condos and Lofts Pinterest board.

CS / May 9, 2013 at 09:10 am
let's not forget this selling feature: a stone's throw to the neglected Swansea Mews TCHC property. The disparity is sooooo urban. It's like Parkdale 2.0. Toronto-desperate condo-dwellers can't spazz out fast enough on over-priced, psuedo-chic (fendi??), faux-metropolitan "lifestyle" marketing. But its "WATERFRONT".
Guy / May 9, 2013 at 09:21 am
Renderings...? Both of these condos exist, in the flesh, and people live there.
Jakob replying to a comment from Guy / May 9, 2013 at 10:11 am
Actually, I'd quite appreciate a series of real estate articles that focuses on recently *finished* buildings, rather than recently announced ones. Preferably with a comparison of promised vs. "what does it look like in real life" features.
TJ / May 9, 2013 at 11:02 am
I could never really understand why this development was "cheap" compared to other buildings in the area. Maintenance fees are very low; the price per sq ft; and the fact you can have Fendi furnishings!
aj / May 9, 2013 at 11:52 am
I think the sewage plant is quite close to this condo. Wondering if one can smell the odour?
Sandman replying to a comment from aj / May 9, 2013 at 12:29 pm
I live in the area -- maybe 1 or 2 days out of the year, you get the smell of sewage.
jameson / May 9, 2013 at 01:32 pm
That smell is very strong just to the west, especially where the Sobeys is. It would keep me away!
reclc / May 9, 2013 at 02:31 pm
I thought tower in a park urban design was over with? isn't this just a repeat of what they built in the 60s?
torontodude replying to a comment from Guy / May 9, 2013 at 05:33 pm
i know eh...how is an existing building..."new in real estate"? if you look it up and check out actual photos of it, the views from the high suites are amazing if you don't mind being wayyy out in the west end
Me / May 9, 2013 at 06:59 pm
lmao
Moaz / May 10, 2013 at 01:08 pm
The second tower was only finished a few months ago, which I suppose makes it "new" enough. There is no podium per se but there were townhouses built along the south side of the Queensway long ago.

Is a good location for a condo if you are high up enough to avoid the smell of the Humber and the treatment plant as well as the smell of gasoline and diesel fumes, and of course the noise of the Gardiner itself.

The Christie bakery, which produced enough wonderful smells to mask the Humber plant, will be closing soon.

I'd also point out that the location is pretty good for transport, with the 501 streetcar and South Kingsway bus (to Jane Station) at the door, Roncessvales and Parkdale villages to the east, and the Waterfront West LRT someday.
Will_Sell_ASAP / June 5, 2013 at 10:55 am
I live in the first condo that was built, for now almost two year. MANY issues in this place. At first looks classy in and out. Living here is a disaster. 32 Floors, 4 elevators, 1-2 working per week. 10-15min wait times during the rush as elevators are packed with people, just take the stairs. Not bad from the 19th floor going down but forget it going up. WORST property MGMT ever! No notice on elevator repairs, >1 month to resolve screen door malfunction, and RUDE management when seeking assistance. Dogs barking from 5AM week day and 10AM on Sundays. No response to complaints. People break elevators after EVERY weekend, meaning breaking the glass walls in the elevator. Condo fees go UP approx ~20% a year, for NO additional service! Very poor managed building and I will be selling in 2015 when the mortgage is up for renewal.

I suffer daily in this place and what I once thought was a great investment turned into a nightmare! Be warned!
Valerie / June 10, 2013 at 07:59 am
The worst part about the elevators never working, is that you don't even have the option of taking the stairs! There's no access to the stairwell from the ground floor, unless you ask the security guards to come and unlock this door that leads to the stairs from the outside and most of the time they are too lazy to get up from their desk and walk all the way outside, so they refuse, and you're forced to wait for the elevator 20-45 minutes at a time!
mike_hawk / June 11, 2013 at 09:43 am
Agreed. The elevators and property management are equally insane. Found out the parts to fix the elevator were purchased from France and need to be ordered and are back ordered, for a two year old building! Go figure!

The property management (Penny) is a real treat. Seems like some days she doesnt take her medication and is off the planet when communicating about specific issues. Really, really bad place to live. Agreed on the condo fees rising for no additional services or the promised basketball court to be setup! Rediculous amount of money spend on buying this property for such a low class run building! Time to bridge the mortgage and escape to a sanely run building!
Jen / June 14, 2013 at 11:35 am
I am a resident too, and this building is actually quite an improvement over my last condo in liberty village where we had constant air conditioning breakdowns, no hot water, and even more than one instance of carbon monoxide. It seemed like every weekend there was vandalism from parties, fire alarms being pulled etc. Security wasn't great and property management wasn't any better either, you could never find the guy!

As for the elevators, yes they aren't great, but it was the same situation at my last condo. The strike has a lot to do with the wait times.

I think a lot of the issues are common condo living/new building issues, not necessarily limited to NXT only.

You should watch what you write online if you're hoping to sell, as potential buyers do their research.

Darren / June 18, 2013 at 07:50 pm
As a renter in this building i would never recommend to any of my friends to purchase or rent in this building. The elevators never consistently work, and yes there is a strike on now but this issue as been on going since I moved in back in September. The gym never seems to have all equipment working. The location next to the lake is the only reason i believe people stay here, the location is good but the building needs work.
steve / June 21, 2013 at 02:53 pm
I've been living/renting in this building since Sept 2012 and have to agree that for a 3 year old building, the amount of issues it has is disproportional.
constant elevator issues...
no secure bike parking; not enough unsecure bike rack spaces either. people are locking their bikes to the building scaffolding; they're locking their bikes up across the street.
I carried my bike up 20 floors yesterday due to elevator issues and no bike spaces.
temperamental equipment... the hot water cut out after a power outage and wasn't restored until the following day. Multiple occasions of this, with the longest lasting 5 days.
falling balcony glass.
uneven pavement.

The only bright side is that I'm a renter. I feel sorry for my landlord and other property owners here. Good luck selling, over 10% of the building is for lease or sale right now.

anyone looking to rent or buy, beware... and aggressively negotiate the price if you decide to stay.
Donald / June 27, 2013 at 10:05 am
Area rugs!! They can be so handy in changing the look of a room.
MissT / July 9, 2013 at 02:48 pm
I live in the 1st building. Agree with all the others it is a poorly managed building and the management staff are very rude. I have lived there for a little over 2 years and the elevators have been a huge issue well before the strike. Then there is the issue of the pool closing early the 1st year and this year they haven't even opened it yet. Cardio equipment in gym always broken. It is in such a great location too bad it is turning into such a dump.
Lina / July 25, 2013 at 10:09 pm
We purchased NXT2 in August of 2009. The builder kept delayed the occupancy date until May of this year.The worst thing is when we signed the contract in 2009, the purchase price includes GST(HST was effective on July 1 of 2010), now the builder required us to pay the PST portion of HST which was not disclosed in the sales agreement and not disclosed later on in any amendment as well. This builder is cheater and liar.The closing date is on Aug 7. Our lawyer send the builder's lawyer but they hide in the sand and don't reply.
It is disgusting to give purchaser this shock.
Deb / July 29, 2013 at 10:03 am
The fendi furniture is a joke! I've rented (thank God!) here for over two years & there's nothing in the lobby. Add to the other complaints the constant drilling from the balcony glass repairs that have been going on for months now.... I'm a nurse & work permanent night shift so it's literally been a nightmare. I was woken @ 4-30 in the afternoon last Saturday by one of the workers who was on my balcony feet away from my bed. Hed climbed off the swing stage & was just standing there chilling chatting to his buddys!!!! I'm moving in a couple of months & it can't come soon enough.... Buyer/renter beware!!! B
Lyd / July 30, 2013 at 07:38 pm
This place is horrible. I have rented here for over a year and feel very fortunate to not be the owner.

I just got home and my door was left wide open by one of the workers who we have to allow access to the units for the final states of repairs (which has been on going for over a year). It is frightening the lack of regard office management, the developer and anyone they have contracted have for the people that live here.

From the bottom of my heart, do not buy here. Horrible Horrible Horrible.
Anthony / August 19, 2013 at 10:51 pm
The building isn't half as bad as these renters make it out to be. Go run from the issues and you'll sadly experience the same stuff elsewhere. The amenities are fantastic and I'm looking forward to a completed building. The balcony work is done and I hope the elevator issue gets resolved soon.
Michele Agudara / August 20, 2013 at 08:54 am
I really like renting here.

People seem to have forgotten that the building they purchased/rented in is still under construction. Now that the second building is done everything looks beautiful. The second gym is a great addition and for the person that says the equipment is always broken, where are you working out?! The building is extremely clean and well maintained. The pool area has such an awesome vibe on the weekend, great group of young professionals. I'm looking forward to the party room being complete (looks gorgeous so far) and the lobby furniture. I spoke with management today and they have a serious plan to finally get the elevators working!
Johnny Chainsaw / August 23, 2013 at 09:57 pm
I live here and really enjoy it. Great location and a nice mix of young people, families and old folks. My floor is very quiet, so if it's a douchey party condo you're looking for this isn't it. The new gym is awesome too, but yeah there are the flaws.

I work in Mississauga so driving to work is super-easy and I've got my own traffic report of the Gardiner by looking out the window. When friends come to visit from out of town it's a quick exit off the highway. When I want to party downtown it's a streetcar or bus (sometimes walk) up to Runnymede.

Elevators constantly break down but from what I hear it's a common issue in a lot of condo buildings. I never smell anything as far as sewage unless I'm further west over the river while walking towards the LCBO/Sobeys plaza.

Overall, I've had a great experience at NXT thus far. I think some people are just dicks with high blood pressure who like to complain.
Tom D / September 21, 2013 at 06:54 am
Are people really complaining about the elevators here? Ive been living here for 4 months now and have rented in other buildings in the area and waiting for an elevator during rush hour times is a common occurrence. The unit I rent is 1 bedroom plus den and literally has the best layout Ive ever experienced. They say its 700 sqft but feels like 800. I look at the lake and high park and actually take advantage of the amenities. Really awesome place to live if you enjoy an urban/park area!!
Penthouse / September 21, 2013 at 10:02 am
Sarah is in Trinity Bellwoods park drinking with her Bro's and most likely has no clue even where these buildings are so take it all with a pinch of salt.
Janella / September 23, 2013 at 11:59 pm
Great place to live. Friendly neighbours and a great place for me and my puppy to run around with lots of other dog lovers. They opened a dog park across the street this summer...and with the indoor and outdoor pools, the lake and the park it is an amazing escape from the downtown core after work and on the weekends.
DO NOT BUY HERE / September 25, 2013 at 07:19 pm
I have been lucky enough to have rented instead of buying a unit in this substandard building (103 bldg #1). I'm just ecstatic that I didn't purchase. It is truly truly a frustrating experience waiting for the elevators. I would NEVER EVER recommended buying or renting here. The layout of the units is decent, but not worth the hassle of constant building and maintenance failures. Forget it if you have kids with a stroller, a bike or anything else or just schedule in a 30 minute elevator wait. I can't even imagine if there's an emergency and likely the one working elevator will be broken and medical assistance cannot get to the higher floor levels. The security just laughs at the people's frustration. If you're considering buying in this crappy building, just come and hang around the elevator lobby and you'll have a crystal clear understanding of what everyone is talking about. Also, the door entrances are basically urinals for the dogs that live here - it's disgusting. DO NOT BUY HERE! There
Jennifer / September 26, 2013 at 01:45 pm
The comment by 'Tom D' must be a fake post. The problem with the elevators have nothing to do with rush hour. The elevators need to be replaced. This is a known issue and legal is now involved.
own_at_103_since_2011 / September 27, 2013 at 09:44 am
The elevators. A fundamental component of a high rise and we're stuck taking the stairs every morning and afternoon. WHERE IS THE NOTICE OF WORK BEING DONE ON THE ELEVATORS??? WHY ISNT THERE ANY COMMUNICATION??? WHAT IS THE ETR??? WHERE IS THE EMPATHY FROM THE BUILDERS, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND BOARD???

This place is one of the best looking and layouts I've ever seen. The only and major problem here are the elevators and that's a health, safety and functional issue here. I am fed up with this rookie team of property management people. I am sure if you put all of them in a room they still couldn't order a pizza!!!

I hope to break even when I put up for sale next year. Too bad, I love the view.

Dont buy here...seriously.
Idea / September 27, 2013 at 06:37 pm
Does anyone know how to bring this to the local news like CityTV or CTV Investigative reports? This would be a great idea to get some decent exposure about our situation here at NXT with the elevators. Again, Friday evening, no elevators working. I actually saw two women with children crying in the stairwell today around 545PM because she said she couldnt walk up anymore. This is really sad....
DO NOT BUY HERE / September 28, 2013 at 06:25 am
I think CityTV/CTV or any other media exposure would be great to help mobilize the elevator issue (after 2 years of nothing essentially happening). However, I believe the owners are concerned about the negative exposure lowering the inflated property value of this condo.
Fred / September 29, 2013 at 09:15 pm
In other news...someone was stuck in the elevator for an hour today (again!).
BM replying to a comment from Fred / September 29, 2013 at 10:25 pm
Who? Rob Ford?
Mike / October 2, 2013 at 08:35 am
I have lived in one of the townhouses in front of NXT for over 6 years now and I was able to smell the Humber plant ONCE or twice!! i'm not quite sure where this smell rumor originated from but it's definitely a MYTH ... the LOCATION is perfect for young professional & young families (Highpark, Lake, Bloor West & TTC in walking distance) ..
JS / October 2, 2013 at 09:31 pm
Yeah, the location is great - just not 103 The Queensway. Today we had to walk up 24 floors again. You guessed it...elevator down.
fuck_cresford_the_builders / October 3, 2013 at 09:06 am
Again this morning. Down to 1 elevators. Getting tired of having my kids walk down from the 20th floor. I hate this building, Cresford and NXT Property management! They are all a bunch of retards and should be furloughed.
Worst CONDO in the city! / October 3, 2013 at 07:20 pm
All renters should demand 1 free month from their landlords as compensation for every 6 month delay for the elevators not being repaired. This building and Cresford is a fucking JOKE!
2cents / October 3, 2013 at 07:22 pm
Also, all the people giving 103 The Queensway positive reviews are OBVIOUSLY Real Estate Agents!
what's NXT / October 4, 2013 at 10:17 am
While it real isn't funny, I've been a tenant at 103 for just over a year. The problems with this building are 1st and foremost the elevator issue, but the quality of materials used such as the flooring is definitely bottom of the barrel stuff. If you so much as leave a drop of water unwiped you'll have peeling floors before you know it. There was a flood on the 3rd floor about a month ago, which was the final nail in the coffin for one of the elevators(so I was told). My deepest sympathies for those who have invested their hard earned dollars in this building.
Fed up / October 4, 2013 at 08:16 pm
I have lived in absolute run down pieces of shit in my life and I'll tell you now this building takes the cake . Built like crap , run like crap and everything breaks down . And of course we spend lots of money to live like this . My condolences for those of you that invested and bought here . Don't try and candy coat the issues here though .
itsnotjusttheelevators / October 7, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Its not just the elevators, its the idiot dog owners who cant control their fucking dogs! The dogs pissing IN the elevators and the hallways smell of piss and the non-stop barking! The owners letting their dogs run up to you and start licking you before they call the dog and leash them! WTF!!! And they say "Oh he wont hurt you!" NO, Ill fucking hurt YOU!! The dog owners aren't smart people and don't have much knowledge or intelligence to understand that that the dogs that piss and bark at all times of the day are THEIR responsibility! Why the fuck do I have to listen to your little dog barking at 9AM SUNDAY FUCKING MORNING! This building is straight up retarded! Enough said!
Weird / October 20, 2013 at 04:46 pm
Itsnotjusttheelevators are you messed up? Do you honestly think that this dog issue is exclusive to NXT? Like honestly, what do you think happens in other condos? That dogs and there owners are just better?

Wake up loser and go take your rent elsewhere.
Loser_renters / October 20, 2013 at 04:51 pm
It's the same person complaining and leaving nasty remarks here about the condo and just changing their name.

If you don't like it, get off the forum , and go rent somewhere else. The elevator issues are fixed now yet you lame ass renters will still keep complaining. Get out of the building, you're going to be shocked to find similar issues elsewhere.
Sandy / October 20, 2013 at 04:57 pm
I'm subscribed to this thread and see some comments coming in.

I lived here since the beginning and absolutely love it. Seems that the elevators are fixed now which is great! The new gym that opened is awesome, I actually met some really cool people there. Looking forward to the lobby furniture coming soon.

The layout of my unit is awesome and my view is incredible. The elevator issues did bug me but since they are over now I can't say I have any complaints.
Elise (23 floor) / October 21, 2013 at 10:21 pm
I live in one unit and a friend lives in another. We both love it here, the building is gorgeous and amenities second to none. I personally have been renting here for 14 months now and sure, the elevators sucked for some time but they are fixed now - why harp on it? I used to live at a condo at Parklawn and lakeshore and moved due to the place being full of drug lords.
Alex / October 22, 2013 at 05:17 pm
I have lived for over a year now and own my condo. After reading many of the comments I feel I might as well give my 2 cents. The elevator situation sucked (looks like it's working much better now) so I can agree with many that it was horrible. I can't tell you how frustrating that has been at times.

Other than that though, I feel people are nitpicking. It is located minutes to the lake and High Park which is really great. Yes, there are many dogs but for the most part the owners have been good at picking up after them. No building in the city has perfect pet owners. There are two gyms to use now (never crowded) and a new tennis court. I haven't gotten to experience the outdoor or indoor pools but they are a nice feature as well. As for the quality of materials inside our units, we haven't had many issues either (none to want my money back). There is plenty of visitor parking available (unheard of for downtown condos) as well.

Everyone will have their opinion but friends and family we have had over love the place as do we.
NXT / October 23, 2013 at 06:53 pm
I rent here and love it.

Streetcar right outside and only a 25 minute trip to core in the mornings for work.

I have an excellent view of the lake and skyline. I don't really have any complaints now that the elevator issue is fixed.

loser_renters, not all of us are like the individual you were responding to.
NXT / October 23, 2013 at 06:57 pm
I forgot to add - dog park right outside by the lake!

If you're a dog lover like me, it doesn't get much better than that. I actually never hear other dogs on my floor. I would suggest a call to property management.
Awesome / October 29, 2013 at 08:19 am
Great building...gyms are fantastic and amnesties are very well maintained.
rick_a / November 1, 2013 at 11:30 am
Sweet building!

How many conods have two gyms and four saunas lol?
Aqua / November 14, 2013 at 09:25 pm
Been here for 1.5 years and love it - glad the elevator issues are long gone!! The lobby and amenities are gorgeous, the building is really well maintained. Wish I could afford a large unit!!
John / November 21, 2013 at 10:14 am
Love the view from this place. we bought 2 months ago for a great price and we have not had any issues. Security staff has always been good to us and the elevators seem fixed now.

Jason / January 4, 2014 at 02:09 pm
So the elevators aren't working due to stack effect and the solution the management has is tell people to close the doors? The real issue is poor design and a poorly constructed door system that leaks cold air. They need to get the HVAC and design guys fix their mistakes and compensate the folks who live here.
WTF / January 8, 2014 at 07:17 am
Buyer Beware! 3 out of the 4 elevators aren't working...again
WTF? / January 8, 2014 at 04:29 pm
3 of 4 are working, what are you talking about?
Alex / January 8, 2014 at 05:13 pm
Wow, sounds bad. Glad I live in an older building. We have four elevators for 29 floors and you never have to wait more than a minute or two. Most of the time it's 30 seconds or less. Once every few weeks or months one might go out of service for a day, but that's it. Hopefully elevator issues are only common to new buildings made by bad developers, I'd hate to think that anything built in the last five years is just garbage.

I wish it was legal to make a no pets building. I feel like they would have much fewer issues and costs for cleaning and maintaining the property.
Love it / January 12, 2014 at 04:31 pm
Moved here from a new build at West Queebs West (Sudbury street) and this place blows anything there out of the water. Amenities are beautiful, lobby is incredible and overall very pleased.
Rizla / January 13, 2014 at 06:19 pm
This place kind of sucks from others I've seen. I wonder if the architect actually reads this or if anyone from the condo board at this place does. It's not too bad but I wish it had a few other things. Like a place to hang a punching bag in each gym. Perhaps also, the same amount of equipment for both gyms would be nice. In 1 gym, the weights max out at 45lbs, while the other maxes out at 90lbs. That gyms is always busy so it's hard to get a full workout in sometimes. Another thing I wish they had is a cubicle work area like they do in liberty village. I was there for a few nights at a friends place, and it was so amazing. It was like going to work in a coffee shop but I could bring my own coffee, wasn't sitting on hard, metal chairs and I didn't have to deal with the noise of crazy people laughing at the top of their lungs. My wife and I currently live in a 1 bedroom with no den and it gets a bit much sometime. We're renting so we can't exactly change the furniture but still. I think if it had those extra things, it would make to be a better place. As for the elevators, they are completely fixed. Never have to wait long for an elevator(touch wood). they're very fast.
Love and Hate / January 29, 2014 at 09:33 pm
Yeah, the elevators are basically back to only one working. They are replacing the ropes with no actual completion date. Basically, there's no deadline. Come and meet your neighbors (with their dogs) in the elevators. Other than that, the building is great!
Brian Cramston / February 1, 2014 at 10:42 am
My condolence to all residents of this building. The situation sounds dreadful! It's amazing how poor elevators are in new condos! Developers are thieves!

We have three elevators in our building for 40 floors. One has now been broken for 2 months with constant missed deadlines!!! The doors to the stairs are locked!! It's like a prison, you never know how long it will take you to get in and out of your home. I can't take it!!!!!
Mikey / February 3, 2014 at 08:15 pm
Does anyone know the plans for the basketball net? Is still says on the website they will be installing one. Is there any confirmation on this? Where would they put it?
Tyler_Durden / February 24, 2014 at 09:12 am
1 Elevator again! Are you kidding me!!?? This condo is a joke and scary considering you cant really leave and return when you want. Packed elevators, people with dogs, waiting at least 15mins to leave or enter your suite. This is ridiculous! I HATE THIS PLACE! I regret buying. Why aren't the elevators being fixed in a timely manner? How you all plan your grocery trip? Seriously.
Sue / February 25, 2014 at 09:52 am
This place is so bad. It takes 30 minutes to get upstairs....30 minutes to wait for the 1 elevator that works. We get 4, 2 break...then 1...We never have more than 1 or 2 elevators working for more than a week or two.
Move in/outs are ridiculous to book. God forbid you have to have something delivered on a Sunday. You'll have to deal with horrible security guards. ONLY 1 told me you can go to the Property Mgmt for approval. Don't try to pick up a delivery from them without going through airport security measures. Resident parking gate....well, there was one...but they are broken every week.
Sue replying to a comment from Mikey / February 25, 2014 at 09:53 am
Dude, lets focus on safe working elevators before we worry about basketball nets. LOL Plus, knowing this developer...you'll never get those nets.
Getyourmoneyback! / March 5, 2014 at 04:12 pm
People, sell before you get less than you paid!
NXT 2 / March 5, 2014 at 07:40 pm
As someone who lives in NXT2. I can say that it's true that at the beginning there was a lot of bullshit to deal with. However recently management has been more competent I am assuming because of pressure from the residents. Requests for repairs come faster and they know how to stagger the elevators so they don't all fail to work at the same time. As for selling, I've considered it, but all the other options along the lake are older and have many more problems or have their own set of problems. Of course the Shangri La will probably be a better choice but those are 1mil + haha. If anyone knows of a good lakeshore condo with no problems give me link. All in all my experience with this building has been improving and I hope that the residents continue to be proactive about what they expect because that will be what determines how things play out.
Joanne / March 26, 2014 at 12:05 pm
I have lived in Next I since the day residents were allowed to move in. In the beginning was all good, not many people but as people moved in through the years....the elevators have shown its true colours and it makes me wonder the kind of people owners are letting live here because the majority of the units are income properties. Marijuana smokers on the stairs, people who can't pick up after themselves, people who allow their guests to damage property in communal areas....it's like living with little children. The quality of the workmanship and the floors are a disaster. I had to get my floors redone, god forbid you knock a small amount of water from a glass, the floor will bubble up before you even have time to grab a towel. As for location, I can't complain!
Anne / April 4, 2014 at 01:02 pm
Dont ever rent or buy in this building, it is crap. They just fixed an elevator for it to break down less than a week later with no explanation from management. The office doesn't care at all about the residents. It is just horrendous. They should be ashamed of their actions and how they handled the elevators and constant complaints, yet they do not care!
Honestly go anywhere else, a cardboard box is better than this place!
Maxi / April 9, 2014 at 08:12 am
Elevators are working great now - finally! Summer is the best time to live in the area, right by the beautiful beach. Excellent facilities, my bf and I use the gym and sauna daily.
George replying to a comment from Lina / April 16, 2014 at 09:54 pm
Hi Lina
Just wondering if you guys got anywhere with this issue.
I'm fighting the same battle without any success so far.
Anne / April 28, 2014 at 07:59 am
Elevators working! Lobby and party room furniture look great. Love loving here.
Patrick / May 9, 2014 at 10:45 am
I am a landlord with NXT Phase 1 building. So far, I saw comments from NXT Phase 2 residents. How about NXT 1, do they have any problem with it? Is it as bad as in NXT 2. I don't live there, so I live to get some insights for residents from NXT 1?
Mike bagrom / May 18, 2014 at 12:54 pm
Wallpaper is looking sweet! Party room turned out awesome and elevators that are fully functional! I already loved living here (especially in summer) but now with all these annoying issues fixed, it's even better.
humber baydude / May 18, 2014 at 05:48 pm
I completely agree with anne. This development is a disaster. Cresford Builders cut all sorts of corners. Units have settling cracks and leaks. The water tastes like gasoline. 1 out of 4 elevators works at any given time. No BBQ area. Young immature rental tenants constitute the majority of the population. No one picks up their dogs shit, the grounds are disgusting. Theres human piss and puke regularly in the stairwells and elevators. Used beer cans everywhere. Cops are onsite constantly, there is a rumoured sex offender and a rumoured methlab in 103. The grazing cattle property management ladies are complete condescending lazy bitches who don't realize HOW BAD NXT's reputation is in the real estate world. SCPL is a joke. Every resident memo and correspondence is condescending and without fail, takes the tone of blaming the residents, one problem at a time, many IDLE threats as well. That is not how to treat residents. Did i mention that the balconies on 103 were falling off in 2013? The amenities are stunning, security staff are awesome and helpful. Everything else here is like living in a dirty frat house in college. If you are gonna buy, look at the new developments moving south down the bay, much better deals , better views, more shops around, and much better managed and GROWN UPS live in those places, giving it a sense of professionalism and community.
Anne / May 19, 2014 at 02:35 pm
You are crazy it you think that these issues are exclusive to NXT. These are common, move somewhere else, and you will have similar types of issues. Maybe the problems won't be exactly the same but these types of things are inherited when you live in a condominium building. Pot smoke, property management issues, dog poo are the same EVERYWHERE. You need to apply some logic here, do you really think only NXT has renters and then on top of that, we have all the most misbehaved renters? I rented in South Beach at park lawn and lakeshore and it was exactly the same. Oh and balconies were not falling off, like where do you get this information from? Balcony glass was falling and again, unfortunately not uncommon. I suggest you move into a house or a retirement home if you're old enough.
Anne / May 19, 2014 at 02:39 pm
I've rented here now for dome tine and have never once seen beer bottles, puke or cops on site regularly. If anything, the common areas are very well maintained. Do you even live here?
Jen / May 20, 2014 at 08:31 pm
Beautiful amenities, amazing views
Adam / June 3, 2014 at 03:35 pm
Go behind the 103 building just past the entrance to the parking lot where the pet exit is. Then look down at the road, you will see thousands of bits of glass left over from all the panels that fall off the balconies. Even the glass wall along the parking entrance is broken and has been for months. All the management did was put some duct tape along the sharp edges.
The Truth / June 10, 2014 at 10:26 pm
Just go on MLS and look how many units are for sale!
Cut it out losers / June 26, 2014 at 06:14 pm
You guys are so full of it. The balcony glass was fixed and all replaced over one year ago and you're still harping on it. Let it go!!! How is this impacting you in any way? Give it up already sheesh. In terms of units for sale, when I building registers it's normal for that to happen. The same thing occurs in all buildings. The elevators have been working for months without problem, new wallpaper installed on every floor and all the amenities are amazing yet you're still complaining. Give it up or finally move the hell out! Why are you still in the building if it's so bad? Property values have increased, demand is up and property management is doing a good job. Leave and stop complaining and posting moronic incorrect information.
blogs / July 3, 2014 at 06:03 am
Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and
found that it is really informative. I'm gonna watch
out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
Many people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!
Miles / July 3, 2014 at 08:56 am
Awesome place to live! I really haven't had any of the problems people are talking about here and I have lived in 103 for 1.5 years. I'm currently renting and will probably end up buying the unit from the owner this year.
The Truth / July 9, 2014 at 07:52 am
Rent here as well and have no complaints. I wish I just had a tennis partner so I could make use the court!
Tricia Collins / July 25, 2014 at 11:30 pm
Love this place!! Best floor plans around and great neighbours!
This place is shit! / August 11, 2014 at 10:31 am
AC down right before the summer started. NO ETR!
Down to 1 fucking elevator again! Waited this morning for 10-15mins to only see a packed elevator with people, bikes and dogs!
The quality of living here feels like a 3rd world building as you never know what will break, not work and "maybe" collapse? Living here is the worst and trying to schedule groceries and visitors to come up to my suite is insanely hard. Try having grandma with her famous cheesecake walk up 22 flights of stairs!!

I loathe this building and the building management! It's run by clowns, designed by retards and paid for by suckers!

The people that live here are cool though. Everyone is nice!
Guy above is shit / August 13, 2014 at 08:20 am
Welcome to condo living loser. If you can't accept that elevators will go down you really shouldn't be living in a condo. I work in an office tower at Bay and King that has the same occasional problem. It's inherit with the technology in general. I must say though, the elevators have been fine for months, where were your smart ass comments then? You're immature comments are laughable and dumb. Why are you even renting here still? If it's so bad, you should leave! Who would want to live in a place that's "shit"? No one, so cut the pathetic over exaggerated comments.
Guy two posts above is shit / August 13, 2014 at 08:24 am
Oh and calculate how many days in a three year period the AC has been down. I have lived here for three years and it's been down for a total of four days over that entire period! Yet you post as if it's a common occurrence. Moron.
Full of it / August 13, 2014 at 01:00 pm
Why you making your grandma take the elevator? She can't wait for one? So let me get this straight, you must live on a low floor since apparently in the morning the elevator was "full" of dogs, bikes and people. That would only happen if you're below the 10th or so floor and in a worst case scenario of operating on only one elevator which hasn't happened for months. I live on the 23rd floor and this has NEVER happened to me. The building is only 28 stories tall and the elevators never fill up, when going down from a floor that is near the top of the building (logically makes sense as well) .Yet, you say your lame grandma had to walk up 22 flights. Where she walking to? Someone else's unit? You're so full of crap it's ridiculous.
Renting in 103 with no complaints / August 15, 2014 at 08:18 am
I haven't been on this site for months and am shocked to hear people still complaing. The elevators have been fine for me and the AC was down for one weekend due to a party failure. The ETA was posted on the internal screens. I think that the person is probably a renter from hell. Moving to a house wouldn't even help them as maintainer issues arise no matter the dwelling type one selects. I can't speak for the 105 building but I doubt it's any worse.
Love it / August 19, 2014 at 09:29 pm
Love living here! Amazing neighbours and building.
pizzap / August 28, 2014 at 09:50 pm
read over the comments and they really are funny. Been here for two years now and have had no real problems. Living in the summer is particularly amazing, I get a walk in by the lake almost every night.
Natasha / September 14, 2014 at 10:13 pm
gotta agree - awesome place!
LS / September 15, 2014 at 10:24 pm
we just bought a condo at NXT phase 1 and we will be moving in in October. reading some of these comments had me a bit worried but the more resent and positive reviews have got me excited to start living here! any tips for new residents???
summerlover / September 27, 2014 at 02:00 pm
great place, no real complaints. I rented and ended up purchasing a 1+den.
Andrea / October 9, 2014 at 01:37 am
I have lived in NXT 2 for the past 2 years - as a renter - and here is my honest opinion.

This property is a joke. I have had so many issues here:

1) elevators - lately they have been alright, however winter is coming and with the high winds - expect problems with the doors closing and elevators shutting down. Expect a 10-15 min wait during rush hour. On that note, why does a 35 storey building have 4 elevators? It should have 6. And let's not forget that one of them is constantly on service since there is such s high turnover, with moving trucks here EVERY DAY.
2) the build quality - what a joke.
The western door to 105 breaks every month. Due to high winds, the door slams and is s MAJOR inconvenience. On top of that, the numpties at property management blame the residents for this error in architecture.
3) security - why has the gate separating the visitors parking from tenant parking been inoperable for the past 6 months? Anyone can gain access to the parking underground. Again, I blame the numpties at property management.

4) where is the 'proposed dog park?' I believe the hydro waste land to the west of 105 is supposed to be a dog park. Or at least we were promised that.
5) the promised 'park' by the entrance of 103 - again, this is a waste land. We were promised green space, like the one across the street by 15 Windermere. Where is it? Property management removed the banner that stated there would be a park by summer 2013.
And lastly, why hasn't the final layer of asphalt been placed around the property? Why is there a temporary looking island at the main entrance off of windermere?

I am very glad to rent here, and not own. I feel sorry for those of you that own here. Look at MLS with +\- 50 units for sale. Good luck selling. And by the way, the proposed project where the Sheraton hotel was is approved. Your views will be non-existent within 3-4 yrs.