Monday, November 24, 2014Light Rain 9°C

The photos of the week: March 30-April 4

Posted by Derek Flack / April 5, 2013

Leuty Life Station TorontoThe photos of the week collect each of the editor-selected photos of the day into one post for a contest to be decided by our readers. Sponsored by Posterjack, the photographer whose image receives the most votes will be awarded with a voucher code for a 24"x36" poster print of their work.

All the rules and fine-print can be found in the original announcement post on the blogTO Flickr page. One thing to add, however, is that the voting period ends at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, after which the winner will be contacted with the good news.

For those photographers whose images are featured below, please feel free to give us a little information about your shot — i.e. where and when it was taken — in the comments section. Who knows? Maybe your description will sway voters in your favour!

Lead photo by mishlove1.

Sigur Ross ACCPhoto by Jordan Holmes

Abandoned Building TorontoPhoto by inventor_77

Windy TorontoPhoto by SnapHappyExpat

PCC StreetcarPhoto by Zirocket

Kensington MarketPhoto by Jonathan Castellino

R.C. Harris FiltrationPhoto by Subjective Art

Jono / April 5, 2013 at 08:34 am
Subjective Art gets my pick this week. It's a nice photo, but more importantly it is an interesting take (isolating one architectural element) on something that has been shot so many times...

j->
Robert / April 5, 2013 at 08:53 am
No vote again for me this week. Nothing stands out.
Jordan Holmes / April 5, 2013 at 08:54 am
#2 Is shot at the ACC just as Sigur Ros was setting up - shot with Bower 7.5mm fisheye on m43.
Brandon / April 5, 2013 at 10:26 am
Yeah no vote from me either
nardl blarn / April 5, 2013 at 11:09 am
no vote, these are all so mediocre!
photosnobs / April 5, 2013 at 01:43 pm
Look at all the photo snobs. "no vote from me"

How about you just not comment at all, and keep your negativity to yourself?

Every damn post on this site is full of negative commentary. Either offer something constructive, or fuck off.

Why not tell us exactly why you think they are all mediocre? Tell us why we should care that you think they are not worthy of your vote. Prove you know what you're talking about, or just stay away. (or submit your own photos which of course will be superior to all these entries, right?)
Dorf replying to a comment from photosnobs / April 5, 2013 at 03:19 pm
Hear, hear. I think the "I can't be bothered to vote but I'm happy to spend some time commenting on the inferiority of others" angle is pretty lame too. Voted.
nardl blarn replying to a comment from photosnobs / April 5, 2013 at 05:26 pm
I've tried offering actual critique in the past but BlogTO moderate these comments like nobody's business.
SnapHappyExpat replying to a comment from nardl blarn / April 6, 2013 at 03:51 pm
Photsnobs and Dorf - glad it's not just me shaking my head. To the self-appointed 'photocracy' who have deemed the entrants unworthy of their vote, take a step back. You speak as though though you have paid an entrance fee to a gallery and feel somehow cheated. It's a simple collection of local shots that people have submitted, for free, for the interest, or not, of others; their worthiness is not really for you to judge. And as for those of you who claim to have generously offered your 'critique' to no avail in the past - if the contributors want constructive critique, they have access to far richer veins of talent and experience so better to use your time contributing something yourself.
Rmund / April 6, 2013 at 04:25 pm
Number 4. It has a bit more liveliness than the others, and it doesn't feel as if it's been manipulated in some way, but was just an opportune moment that managed to get a good photographic result.

Robert Machado / April 7, 2013 at 08:49 am
In my opinion, number 4 is the best. Besides the good composition, the shot took a lot of effort to take. Don't get me wrong, all entries are excellent and each one deserves the prize. Anyway, number 4 is the one I wish I had taken so my vote goes to it. Yelo34 Wedding Photographer