Remembrance Day in Toronto 2012
Remembrance Day ceremonies and events in Toronto take place every year on November 11th. This year, Remembrance Day falls on a Sunday. For those looking to honour our veterans, the City of Toronto puts on a number of official ceremonies that are open to anyone to attend. These take place at Old City Hall, Fort York and the following Civic Centres: East York, Etobicoke, North York and York.
- Old City Hall, 60 Queen Street West. 10:45am.
- Fort York National Historic Site/Strachan Avenue Military Cemetery, 250 Fort York Boulevard. 10:45am.
- East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Avenue. 10:45am.
- Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall. 10:15am.
- North York Civic Centre, 5040 Yonge Street. 10:45am.
- York Civic Centre, 2690 Eglinton Avenue West. 10:45am.
Additional Remembrance Day ceremonies are also taking place throughout Toronto. A number of these are listed on the City of Toronto Lest We Forget site. The Ontario Government also puts on their own ceremony at Queens Park. It too starts at 10:45am and all details are listed on this web site.