Friday, April 18, 2014Cloudy 10°C

The strange world of Toronto's Cash for Gold stores

Posted by Robyn Urback / February 9, 2011

Toronto Cash for Gold StoresToronto's Cash for Gold stores -- most of us just ignore them. Sure, Oliver pops up every now and again, hijacking our television screens as he fans himself with money and poorly emulates the Kool-Aid Man's signature "Oh yeaaahh!" And then there's Harold the Jewellery Buyer, who promises "courteous, professional service," but whose business was embroiled in controversy when it was discovered that one of his employees had contracted a hit man to murder Jack Berkovits, owner of the competitor Easy Cash for Gold, which is located just a few doors away from Harold's shop.

Despite the drama, however, for the majority of us these businesses carry on unobtrusively. But what about those who are down on their luck and forced to sell some jewelry to make a quick buck? Or the sudden recipient of some inherited gold? Or, of course, the possessors of once-meaningful jewelry, now junk jewels after a bad break-up? Can the "Cash Man" really do something great for them? I visited three cash for gold stores in Toronto to find out.

My first stop was Harold the Jewelry Buyer, who has settled in his new location further north on Bathurst (close to Lawrence) after a suspicious fire broke out at his old store. I toted along a 10k white gold ring that I got as a birthday present several years ago. As one of the few pieces of jewelry I own worth more than the $0.25 I typically put in the dispenser to receive them, I had no intention of actually selling it. But I prepared my poker face anyway and went on my way.

As I approached Harold's bar-clad front door, I passed what would be the saddest sight of the day: some poor guy wearing a sandwich board plastered with Harold's face and directions to the store. I immediately felt ashamed for once labeling my job as a camp counselor where I had to clean up three-year-olds' vomit as "The Worst Job Ever." I approached the door and pushed furiously. Being a total newb, I hadn't realized I needed to wait to be buzzed in. And that poker face immediately melted into a sheepish, red-faced smile. Two buzzers later, I was inside.

To my surprise, the waiting area was rather crowded. There were about seven people in the white-walled room, which was decorated with lots of iron bars and a pair of two-way mirrors. It had a real "homey" feel, in other words. I approached the woman behind the gate and told her I wanted to sell my ring.

"How much do you want for it?" she asked.

"I'm not sure," I replied. "I just want to see what I can get."

"You're not sure?" she said, raising an eyebrow. Had I just shown her my cards? "OK, take a seat." And, for some reason, she slipped my ring onto her pinky finger.

Harold Jewellery BuyerI plopped myself in a chair and stared at my shoes. The room was eerily silent, save for the buzzer ringing every two minutes, making me jump and testing my bladder each time. Sandwiched between two burly men, and overhearing the impassioned bargaining going on behind the mirror, I began praying that I may never develop a gambling problem.

Then it was my turn, and Harold appeared to let me through the gate. As we passed the woman informed him that, "She doesn't know what she wants for it."

"She doesn't know what she wants?" he replied with a little too much dramatic mirth. Obviously, this news was somewhere in the realm of "There's this video of me online..." because it was just too good not be shared. We entered Harold's lair and he sat down behind the desk. A quick look, a weigh, and then:

"Meh, I don't know, I can give you...$20."

I tried to catch my reflection on the back of Harold's computer to see if the word "moron" was actually inscribed across my forehead. Purchased close to 10 years ago, the ring was probably about $200 or $250 retail then. And even I know the price of gold has gone up since then.

"No," I said, trying to maintain my composure. "I don't think I can sell it for that."

"What? You want $25?" Harold clicked on his computer, his eyes on the screen, as he tossed out offers. "Tell you what, I'll give you $50."

And with that, he reached inside his jacket, pulled out an enormous wad of bills, and lifted a fifty off the top.

"Here," he said, tossing it nonchalantly on the desk. "Take it."

"No," I began, "I don't think I can do $50 either..."

"What? It's money!" he replied. "You don't want $50? It's a lot of money!" Of course, my next thought was that I probably should have combed my hair before coming.

"Yes, it is a lot of money," I said getting up, "but I don't think I can sell that ring for that."

Now he turned away from his computer. "Why, how much do you want? If I gave you $75 right now would you take it? What about $80."

As I exited through the gate, Harold told me to think about it, perhaps realizing he didn't have a complete sucker on his hands. "I can give you between $80 and $110." I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Toronto Cash for Gold StoresNext, I headed a few doors north to Easy Cash for Gold. Still trying to make sense of what had just happened, I stood outside the door like an idiot waiting to be buzzed in. Of course, at this store, you could just go right in.

I entered the empty shop and approached a glass booth while a middle-aged man appeared on the other side. He took my ring, and, to my relief, didn't put it on his pinky finger. After inspecting and weighing it, he put it down on the counter.

"I can give you $90."

"OK, and how would that work?" I asked.

"I'd just give you the cash. That's it."

Needless to say, this experience was a little more enjoyable.

Oliver JewellryMy last stop was Oliver Jewellery at Eglinton and Avenue Road. Having seen the famed "Loan Arranger" on TV for years, I was curiously excited to finally be face to face. The first door was unlocked, so I let myself in. Little did I know, I was entering a bona fide house of horrors as I found myself stuck between a pair of doors as two different "Cash Man" commercials played over each other, blasting through the speakers. If hell has cheap cowboy hats and wads of cash, this would be it.

Luckily, I soon heard a faint voice call to me from the distance. "Are you selling gold?" it said, somehow audible through the terrible cash man jingle. Was it the great and powerful Oz? I didn't care; I needed to get out of there. "Yes," I replied, and my freedom was granted.

To my dismay, Oliver wasn't there, so a man who looked just a few years older than me approached the counter. Same deal; he looked at the ring, weighed it, and tossed out, "Eh, I could give you $50 to $80."

"Can you be more precise? I asked. My confidence was building.

"I don't know, maybe $75."

I told him I'd think about it.

"If I offered you $100 would you take it?" he asked. I still wanted to think about it. "$120?"

I left with the prospect of getting $130.

My experience left me fairly dismayed, a little shaken, but feeling a lot more confident about understanding the cash for gold world. If I ever were to sell my gold for real, I'd go in with a plan, perhaps some ear plugs, and an unwavering attitude with regards to what I want to get. But do I think I could ultimately make it worth my while? Oh yeaaahh!

Richard / February 9, 2011 at 09:36 am
And thats why... you don't put yourself in the position that requires you to deal with shy-locks

toulousain / February 9, 2011 at 09:52 am
excellent, made my day :)
Rexdale / February 9, 2011 at 09:52 am
Nice slurr Richard.

Anyways, i am not sure what kind of money your expecting.. you purchased the ring s for $200 bucks ten years ago RETAIL.. which is forsure a rip off price... you were offered $120 bucks at one store...not bad if you ask me...

You need to get over yourself :(

mike / February 9, 2011 at 09:54 am
There is a real morbid side to this business. I have it on good authority that one of the largest sellers of gold are dentists. Apparently, in replacing fillings, they keep your old fillings and sell the gold for a profit since most of the replacements are covered by insurance or the costs charged to the recipient for the procedure. I met one dentist, an amateur musician, who has built and outfitted a beautiful recording studio and rehearsal space on his rural property, exclusively through the sale of fillings. The fear, of course, is whether unscrupulous practitioners actually suggest unnecessary replacements to generate additional in pocket profit. I, of course, doubt that this is widespread but it makes the business of gold resale even seedier than the experiences you had.
chiquita / February 9, 2011 at 10:11 am
I disagree with Richard. I think going into a place like this without an idea of how it works or what your piece is worth is a great angle for the article and it tickled my curiousity. Thanks for writing it :)
Richard replying to a comment from Rexdale / February 9, 2011 at 10:19 am

Russell Oliver is Jewish, I know this because I know him personally. Harold's spat with his neighbour and fellow synagogue patron from Omni Jewelers has also been well documented in the media, therefore they are both Jewish money lenders, aka "Shylocks".

Sorry that I choose to use appropriate words to describe people Rexdale.
Stra / February 9, 2011 at 10:23 am
great article! I can't imagine the amount of grease I'd have to wash out of my hair daily owning a cash for gold store. eeek.
Mike / February 9, 2011 at 10:25 am
Richard, perhaps you only read the top portions of the links you submit as proof of your position, but "shylock" is an anti-semetic term...whether you know them personally or not...slurring someone based on their religion not their profession is beyond ignorant. The fact that you have attempted to justify it with a wikipedia entry is not only creepy, but further proves my point.
Lune / February 9, 2011 at 10:30 am
Interesting report! Thanks for writing it up.
Richard / February 9, 2011 at 10:37 am
Mike stop being so PC. Jewish lenders, who prey upon people to have them sell their family heirlooms at ripoff prices, personify the moniker "shylock". Whether others have chosen to use it as an anti-semitic term is their choice.

Mike / February 9, 2011 at 10:42 am
Good circular, uber cool, logic Richard. How offended you are when, applying same said logic, I call you what YOU are...an anti-semetic douchebag. Don't cry...we're post structural.
Jelena / February 9, 2011 at 10:45 am
@Mike
So, slurring someone based on profession is a-ok? really?
J*town / February 9, 2011 at 10:45 am
The word "shylock" can be attributed to stereotype, as anyone can fit under the category of a hardcore loan shark. That's not anti-semetic. But when the term is solely attributed as a "Jewish problem", then I think that raises a concern.
Richard replying to a comment from Mike / February 9, 2011 at 10:45 am
Meanwhile, back on planet earth, I'm Jewish. So I guess I'm a Larry David kind of Jew.... me being an anti-semite and all.

LOL

Eric S. Smith / February 9, 2011 at 10:48 am
"Whether others have chosen to use it as an anti-semitic term is their choice."

So, in other words, you're claiming to speak a language that only co-incidentally sounds like English?
Alex / February 9, 2011 at 10:52 am
Great writeup! Seems so weird that such a shady industry exists - I've never been inside any of these places, is it just a counter? Do any of them sell anything, or do they just collect from people?
Mike / February 9, 2011 at 10:54 am
precisely eric
J*town - agreed, however reread Richards comments
Richard - self loathing isn't a badge of honour nor an excuse
James / February 9, 2011 at 10:55 am
This is a really great article and a fun/slightly upsetting social experiment. Great writing!
Borat replying to a comment from Richard / February 9, 2011 at 10:55 am
I don't believe you - where are your horns and tail?
skeeter / February 9, 2011 at 10:58 am
according to Oren, gold is at an all time high. atleast that's what he's been saying for over a year in his commercial that airs on CP24 every 10 minutes. i swear, every commercial break it's either Oren or Harold or Oliver.
Greg replying to a comment from Borat / February 9, 2011 at 11:00 am
Lovely, outdated reference. Comedy is alive and well.
Richard replying to a comment from Borat / February 9, 2011 at 11:01 am
LOL!

To bring it all back... this article is a really interesting and, for those of us that have yet to find ourselves in one of these stores, somewhat informative as to their business practices and what someone would expect to encounter.
KL / February 9, 2011 at 11:01 am
You know what's funny?

The autocomplete on Google whenever you type "Russell Oliver" or "Harold the Jewellery Buyer" almost always has "scam" as the next word.
chelsea / February 9, 2011 at 11:05 am
should have gone to Mr GoldBuyer who's across the street from Oliver jewelry on Eglinton. The store is bright, open and clean and a nice lady named Maria attends to all the clients. Very professional and friendly, had a great experience at that store and nothing like the shady stories written about here!!
KL / February 9, 2011 at 11:09 am
Also, these places call each other as soon as you leave if you don't sell them anything. Oliver knows you're gonna go see Harold, who then knows you're going to see someone else.

That's why your offer went up at each store and that's why if you went back to the first place you went to, the offer would be smaller. If you went back to Harold, he'd tell you $80, knowing that you "shopped around" and came back for his larger offer of $110.
Max replying to a comment from Greg / February 9, 2011 at 11:19 am
Well, c'mon. Toronto is notoriously behind the times too.
Josh / February 9, 2011 at 11:25 am
Great article. I love that this is on blogto right now because I am having a bit of a spat with Russell Oliver. He had started a contest last June, looking for people to create a new commercial for Oliver Jewellery. The 1st place prize was $5000. A couple of friends and I had got together, wrote a song, hammered out some ideas and put together, what we thought, was a pretty decent entry. You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-K2RH0HyQc We uploaded the video with all the proper criteria and waited. The info said that Russell would put up a deadline after the first couple entries were received. Months went by and not a word from Oliver Jewellery. Finally, last week, I got a message from "Ben - Oliver Jewellery Tech Dept" telling me to send him my phone number as he had "cash" for me. I called the store and Russell answered. I inquired about the contest and his response was this; "The contest didn't work out so we cancelled it and we're just going to give the contestants $100 each" That bastard is trying to buy off the contestants because he doesn't want to shell out the $5000 he promised. I told him I was insulted by this and would give him a week to rethink his business plan before I did everything I could to show people what a scumbag he is. Now, I'm not saying I should win the contest but in terms of quality and views, we do have the top commercial. I'm not sure the legalities of starting and then canceling a contest but either way, it's an incredibly low thing to do. I'm really hoping blogto finds the absurdity in this and helps me expose Russell Oliver for the joke that he is.
Olaf / February 9, 2011 at 11:26 am
Great piece, Robyn.

I have heard that for some reason, these guys steer clear of diamonds. I wonder why...
martin de los santos / February 9, 2011 at 11:33 am
Fantastic article, your description is pretty much what I've always though it would be like to visit those guys. Personally, I would never ever ever ever ever (is that enough?) want to be desperate enough to actually consider doing "business" with these dudes. They are sharks who prey on the uninformed and ignorant.
Randy replying to a comment from Josh / February 9, 2011 at 11:34 am
Josh,

Your commercial is great! Better than anything Oliver has had on TV...
Michael / February 9, 2011 at 11:36 am
I went into Olivers's and that SAME GUY said he'd give me $500.00 which I left at. When I returned (after weighing my options), I was tended to by Oliver himself. Oliver said that the most he could do was $200.00. The first guy standing beside Oliver said that he had no recollection of offering me $500.00. Scam artists!

There's another place almost directly across the street from Oliver. They offered less but seemed extremely honest with me and VERY friendly. Even gave me advice on getting the jewellery appraised and selling elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!
steve-o / February 9, 2011 at 11:38 am
Slurs aside...this business is so shady and is run by crooks!
Plain and simple. (really? religion? here?)

I've had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting one of these characters...the same spiel turned me away and I found another buyer for my platinum wedding band.

Shout out to my exwife and Oliver!
Enjoy hell suckas!!

Josh replying to a comment from Randy / February 9, 2011 at 11:38 am
Thanks Randy! We put quite a bit of effort into it and were all for helping Oliver Jewellery advertise so it's a real shame he's stabbing us in the back like this.
Eric S. Smith replying to a comment from Josh / February 9, 2011 at 11:41 am
"Now, I'm not saying I should win the contest..."

Except that you kind of are, since the original scenario was that people who didn't win would get nothing, and here you are not winning but being offered $100.
steve-o / February 9, 2011 at 11:41 am
for the record, if you have an interesting piece to sell,
it's worth stopping in at Van Rijk's at Yonge & Eg.

That guy is alright...
Josh replying to a comment from Eric S. Smith / February 9, 2011 at 11:45 am
I'm not going to flat out say that I deserve first place but I definitely think I would have won one of the top 3 places. 2nd and 3rd both having winnings as well.
KL / February 9, 2011 at 11:46 am
The key is to find out how much they're buying a gram of gold for and get them to guarantee this on a business card.

Simple, if a gold buyer does this, they're reputable. If they don't, they're not.
KL / February 9, 2011 at 11:48 am
The gripe is that the $5K contest was a sham. He didn't have an opportunity to win $5K because there was no contest allowing him to win $5K.

Oliver "canceled" the contest when it was never on to begin with. It would infuriate me.
Josh replying to a comment from KL / February 9, 2011 at 12:00 pm
I'm not sure your stance on the situation, so just to further my point, here is a link to the contest page on the Oliver Jewellery website.

There was also a video that they posted on the oliverjewellery Youtube account in which Russell, himself, tells you that you can win $5000. They have since deleted it though. I did screen capture the website for future reference though.
Josh replying to a comment from KL / February 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm

KL replying to a comment from Josh / February 9, 2011 at 12:14 pm
I agree with you. That was a very low thing to do.
Josh replying to a comment from KL / February 9, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Well in that case, I appreciate the support!
Marion Cobretti / February 9, 2011 at 12:19 pm
Nice article and great to see something other than gluten free streetcar talk and lame lists. Still, I know these gold guys are shady, but many independent businesses will try and scam you if you walk in like a dolt. It only takes five minutes to weigh the ring, check the price of gold online and go in with a semi informed idea of what it's worth. Don't have a scale? Use a display model at the Bay. No internet? Library. If you're not going to bother doing that much research, some would say you deserve to get scammed. Should it happen? No. But it happens across all sectors, so, you know; buyer beware (or seller, in this case)
mike / February 9, 2011 at 12:26 pm
Well, you may have a case however it's a bit of a case of buyer beware...I read the page, there are no rules or regs (that could be your argument) and there is no indication about how the winner will be chosen but the fact that he's trying to buy people off with $100 indicates to me that he has been advised to do so by his counsel...when has that guy ever parter with money if he didn't have to.

I'd say have a lawyer send him a letter indicating that you will be seeking legal recourse should he decide to "Cancel" the contest

good vid by the way...its worth at least $1.50 per view
Marion Cobretti replying to a comment from Josh / February 9, 2011 at 12:31 pm
I work in advertising and have tons of experience on contests/sweepstakes. First, he needs to post the official rules and/or provide them upon request. You should ask him for them. If they did exist (doubtful), the rules could have provisions saying he can change or alter the contest anytime solely at his discretion. For fear of their reputations, most corporations would never exercise that clause unless they did something horrible like print 10,000 x $1MM winning tickets by accident. Oliver, on the other hand, would have no issue with the old mid game switcheroo. Still, if he has no official rules, and I doubt he does, he's exposed to making false claims. You could ask him for the rules and see what he says (likely nothing). Of course, if you go any further with it after that, he's going to lawyer up and you're not going want to go to war with him. I'm sure he has PLENTY of experience navigating the courts. Only other option (and likely your best) would be the mainstream media - the Star loves a good witch hunt. All that said, he's offering you $100 ... I've seen scammed contestants treated worse.
Josh replying to a comment from Marion Cobretti / February 9, 2011 at 12:47 pm
I really appreciate all of the insight, guys! I haven't been holding my breath about the situation as I was semi-doubtful going into it. I just find it incredibly insulting how they are handling the situation.

This was the message they had sent me on Youtube:

Oliver Jewellery
Please send me your phone number... I have some cash for you.

Ben
Oliver Jewellery Tech Dept

Seems somewhat unprofessional in my opinion. I'm sure he does have plenty of experience with lawyers and lawsuits so I am planning on going the mainstream media route. I just feel like he needs to be brought down a couple of pegs.
S / February 9, 2011 at 12:55 pm
As the thread in the Comments takes a different path, the title of the article resonates some truth! "The strange world of Toronto's Cash for Gold stores"

These jewEllers are nothing more than the middle boys for those melting the gold and saving the diamonds. If the offer $130. they'll always get from the real buyers.

Who are the real buyers? There's a place at Yonge & Dundas, south-east corner, http://www.xau.ca/home.php#

No, I'm not plugging anything but wonder why everyone on the planet wants to buy YOUR 'old' gold and jewellry. Countries such as China and India are buying gold BY THE TON!

The US dollar will probably tank this year and expect to see gold over $2,000 by August. It's around $1360 right now. China & India want to protect themselves from devaluing their currencies because of the US. The price of oil will go up big time this year and so is food (5% is a starting point from December!) So as cost of goods go up your current cash savings gets more and more worthless. Owning gold gives you a heck of a lot more interest than what your bank offers and in time, more people won't be able to cover their mortgages
(USA), get their vehicles repossessed (USA), unemployment, (USA-again!). If these people had invested in gold, the interest alone would have bailed them out.

Anyways, hold on to your rings and such. By the end of this year, you would have doubled your interests.

Peace.
KL replying to a comment from Josh / February 9, 2011 at 01:04 pm
It's not something you can sue over, unfortunately. It's a contest, so there's no guarantee of you winning it. Any judge/arbitrator would throw the case out because you have no claim for damages, so don't waste your time.
Josh replying to a comment from KL / February 9, 2011 at 01:11 pm
I don't plan on taking any sort of legal action against him and I can already assume I won't even see the $100 that he was trying to buy me off with. I just want to expose what he is doing and if even one person decides against going to him because of this, then I will feel content with my actions.

I had a blast making the commercial and my friends seemed to love it, so it wasn't a total waste of time. It's just too bad that Russell couldn't have been a bit more professional on his end.
Eric S. Smith replying to a comment from S / February 9, 2011 at 01:14 pm
"jewEllers?" That's about as clever as your investment advice.
Keith Perrin / February 9, 2011 at 01:17 pm
Here is a link to an Ontario Today phone in GoldSmart did with Rita Celli on CBC Radio:

tp://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/2011/01/18/buying-and-selling-gold---phone-in/
Mike in P.S. / February 9, 2011 at 01:21 pm
Thank you for the expose on these unscrupulous gold buyers.I pass Oliver Jewellry several times a month and had considered stopping in with an accumulation of gold and silver that I have saved. To know that he has no morals or integrity is an insight! I would only hope that the people of Ontario are all warned about doing business with these type of people. I can picture grandma losing her precious heirlooms by being taken advantage of....
Marion Cobretti replying to a comment from KL / February 9, 2011 at 01:27 pm
That’s not entirely true. He's open to legal action if there is proof that he didn’t award the prize to anybody. Of course, if it got to that point, unless he's a total maniac, he would award the prize to somebody before it went to court. $5000 is nothing compared to what a defense would cost, not to mention costs if he lost.
Me / February 9, 2011 at 01:27 pm
I find it odd that you can just sell gold anonymously. No names, just gold for cash. Seems a bit scary.
Marion Cobretti / February 9, 2011 at 01:37 pm
What's with the hate-on for these gold guys??? You come in, you offer them your goods, they offer you the lowest price for it and then try and sell back to a third party for as much as possible. It's call capitalism. It's YOUR responsibility to know what a fair price is BEFORE you visit these guys. Then you won't get nailed. Are they scammers? Yes. So what. They provide a valuable service that people obviously want.
S / February 9, 2011 at 02:05 pm
@ME.

That's the good thing about gold. BTW, gold is recognized all over the planet, currencies, not.

Video explains the value of money vs gold over the years.
poopchute / February 9, 2011 at 02:43 pm
nice to see the JDL posting on BlogTO.

keep up the fight!
G / February 9, 2011 at 02:59 pm
I am more concerned you don't have to prove you actually own the gold you are bringing in.
Nice shady practice preying on the less fortunate. Bastards
Marion Cobretti / February 9, 2011 at 03:09 pm
Gold can be seen as form of currency. Would I have to prove to Holt Renfrew that I owned the cash I was using to purchase expensive handbags? Therefore, why should I have to prove where I got the gold from that I'm using to buy dollars.
j.sonny / February 9, 2011 at 03:37 pm
Good write up. That oliver seems to always garner bad press. He used to be in Yorkville, then disappeared for a while only to pop back up.

Good work Josh, different demographic! heh. Regarding contests shilling for creative, jeebus. Read that as 'I'm cheap as hell and will get something for nothing as opposed to the going rate for the same.' If it's going to look good in your porfolio, then do it, but put the pipe down if you think it's going to give you 'exposure'. More often than not, it's bullshit.

Like the 'wendy' who slagged me when I said lol, $100. for a logo? Piss off. She wrote back to tell me there were 50 others jonesing to do the work. Yeah, right.

There are winners and losers and the desperate. Don't be the desperate.
Fantomex replying to a comment from Josh / February 9, 2011 at 04:59 pm
Oh Josh, man, sorry for what happened to you, your commercial was great, and if I was Russell Oliver, I would have picked you as the winner! Such a tragedy that he fucked you and everybody else up the ass like that.
CashforGoldforDummies / February 10, 2011 at 07:25 am
Okay, all of those who went nuts, including Robyn. You need to understand the basics of a business such as this.
You are NOT going to get the actual value of your piece, because no one wants your second-hand ring. (Even if they did, they would want it at a discount of at least 30-50%.) These places have to have it melted, along with the rest of the gold they buy, in order to sell it. The person who melts it can't pay them close to full price for the gold, because they have to make money on it. So even if the ring would retail today at $400 (given the rise in gold price), you figure that the actual value of the gold is probably around $200, the person who melts the gold has got to make $50 on you, and the guy who is buying has to make money. You can't go straight to the person melting it, because he doesn't want to waste his time talking to little people.
So if Harold or Oliver or anyone else will only get $150 for it, how much were you expecting them to give you?
I agree that it was low to start at $20, but yes, you did have "MORON" written on your face when you walked in saying you had no idea how much it's worth. And he did go up to $110, which means that he was only going to make $40 on you. Now go figure his overhead for the store, commercials, employees, etc., and figure out if he doesn't deserve the $40 for the amount of time he spent with you.
Oh, and one more question -- if they are scammers, what are you for wasting their time with inquiries that would lead to no business whatsoever for them? They could have saved their time and dealt with customers who were really interested in selling jewelery.
Kuhlmann / February 10, 2011 at 08:23 am
It must be nice to be a privledged child and receive a $10k gold ring upon graduation. What else has daddy bought you?
Laughing replying to a comment from Kuhlmann / February 10, 2011 at 09:16 am
Kuhlmann replying to a comment from Laughing / February 10, 2011 at 09:41 am
Kt is the abbreviation for Karat, not K. K stands for thousand, smart guy.
Eric S. Smith replying to a comment from Kuhlmann / February 10, 2011 at 10:38 am
If you're unwilling to read "k" as "kt," why are you willing to read "10" as "$10"?
Joe replying to a comment from Kuhlmann / February 10, 2011 at 11:17 am
Dumbass! Just Shut up before you make an ass out of yourself again!
skeeter / February 10, 2011 at 12:06 pm
"You're need to work on your comprehension skills, Kuhlmann. She said it was a 10k ring as in 10 carat, not $10,000. Your stupidity got in the way of your jealousy."

i love it when someone makes grammar mistakes while calling someone else stupid. it makes me smile.
Sean replying to a comment from Kuhlmann / February 10, 2011 at 12:56 pm
Haha dude, if the ring was originally worth $10 000, how would it become so devalued in a matter of years?

Clearly Robyn made an error.
Sean replying to a comment from Sean / February 10, 2011 at 12:59 pm
P.S. She even states that the ring was originally probably around $200 or $250.
A CL / April 8, 2011 at 06:55 pm
I took the ring my ex-husb gave me to Oliver's 17 years ago. It was gold with three little diamonds. A dark haired burly man fingered it as if it was worthless and said it was probably retail $100-200, and that he would give me $20.00. Then he even talked me out of the pretty burgundy velvet box it came in, saying, "You won't need this anymore anyway". At a vulnerable point in my life desperate for diapers for the baby, I took the $20. Made me feel even more victimized than my X had.
Nuur / April 28, 2011 at 06:50 pm
Now, if she bought the ring for $250 and it was priced on its weight in gold 10 years ago, the price of gold has sky-rocketed since then. Meaning, an ounce of gold in 2000 was about $300 and now it is at $1500. Why do you think these shops are looking to buy so fervently? Besides that, 100 analysts have predicted gold to go up to $3000-$15,000 an ounce and those are realistic estimates. So, I suggest you hold onto that ring, maybe even buy some more gold, since it's value will only increase with time. That would be a very smart investment to me.
Jennifer / March 6, 2012 at 12:32 am
Not all of them are scammers. Harold and Oliver are the worst, but I dealt with smart gold recently, on bathurst right beside Harold, and the guy working there was very honest and polite. Do your research before you go :)
Bill Smith / April 17, 2012 at 11:48 am
I had a really good experience at Premier Cash for Gold. I called them FIRST before meeting with them as I didn't want to waist my time before actually knowing what they would give my for the few rings I had for sale. After calling a few places that wouldn't even give me a quote over the phone, I called them and they quoted me a price higher than any of the other places (that would give me a quote over the phone). It worked out to be about 80% of full market value...most places where offering 50% at best. http://www.premiercashforgold.ca
Jude / May 6, 2012 at 03:48 am
Thanx for recommendation Bill Smith! I will try it out. Also great job on the article Robyn. I've been searching the net for a decent cash for gold place. I know the value of my gold but I have never sold any of it before so this really helped. If anyone else has any recommendations I would love to hear them!
Gold Toronto / May 16, 2012 at 01:57 pm
With so much Gold Buyer competition in Toronto, you have a lot of options as a seller. Make sure you get your jewelry appraised by a jeweler that you trust before selling your gold. here is a list of the top Gold Buyers in Toronto

Sean Brant replying to a comment from Bill Smith / May 17, 2012 at 12:10 am
Bill, thanks for the advice.

I just sold "Premier" some of my gold coins. The guy there was really helpful and nice(surprisingly). Good call!

A++ and thumbs-up all the way!
george / May 28, 2012 at 08:55 pm
i need to disagree, russell gave me 90% value on all my gold and hes one cool guy. He talks to everyone outside, pets doogs and props the kids. I just walked in no locked doors and its a nice big clean location. I think its definitely worth going. Keep in mind dont take the first offer!
Gk.
ArpReach / May 31, 2012 at 02:14 pm
Sometimes we all love to hate someone, especially when this person is a marketing guru. Ask yourself how many people Russell Oliver can reach in one campaign. Nobody stays in business for decades if it is a horrible rip off. As the designer and developer of www.oliverjewelley.ca I can honestly say that his personality brims with heart and kindness. Invite him to your house for a jewellery party and you'll soon know the truth. You can dislike him for his business and marketing persona but don't judge him harshly as a human being. He goes home after work just like the rest of us to his family and his personal life.

Rick Woolsey
iSkyscraper / May 31, 2012 at 02:50 pm
The New Yorker did an excellent full-length article on this subject last fall. It's a must-read. Article is subscriber only online but you can find in in the library in their Oct 10, 2011 issue.

Miriam Karkowsky / July 17, 2012 at 09:15 pm
One more thumbs up for http://www.premiercashforgold.ca.
I was actually referred from a girlfriend of mine. Super nice guy and super fare on his offer! ;)
Mike replying to a comment from Josh / July 26, 2012 at 11:30 pm
I remeber when I was a kid and Monday night raw aka wwe wrestling at the skydome oliver promised money if u brout a sign saying Cash man sure enoth everyone made a sign and he never showed up!
Carla Andrews / August 28, 2012 at 01:46 pm
Try this place downtown.
Very nice guy.
Didn't pressure me.
Seemed like a very good price for my jewellery.
www.jhkorda.com
Carla Andrews / August 28, 2012 at 01:48 pm
Raymond / September 4, 2012 at 04:10 pm
Here in nz it's a different thing. The quality of the services is way better I think. A friend of mine even featured the best gold merchants in new zealand on his personal website http://goldmerchants.co.nz to help people out finding the highest bid.
Melanie Haber / September 4, 2012 at 07:45 pm
Went to JHKorda at the recommendation of Carla Andrews (above). Very nice place. Mr. Korda took his time and looked at each piece carefully then gave me more than I had been offered at the two places that just glanced at my jewellry. A real professional. No pressure at all. I ended up selling it to him.
Thanks for the tip.
Visit Site Today / September 5, 2012 at 07:30 am
Really love it here! Keep it up!
Peyton Price / September 7, 2012 at 04:27 pm
I am visiting Toronto and have run out of cash so I decided to sell the some of the gold I had. This was my experience:
First - called the cowboy (Oliver) and had to listen to his drivel for nearly 5 minutes, so I hung up. (by the way I hear it goes on for nearly 8 minutes). Anyway, which person in his right mind would spend time on the phone that looooong to hear someone preaching himself as the best.
Next - Called Oren. Was happy to hear a live person at the other end. We agreed on a price and I said I would sell to him if his offer was the best
After that - Called Harold. Again a recording. I hung up instantly. I was foolish to listen to the cowboy or whatever, for a whole 5 minutes. couldn't do that again
Finally - at least that was what I had in mind - called John from Watch Finder. Pleasant gentleman, he offered me the same as Oren. I told him he had to do better if he wanted my gold. He did - so I will be going to him with my gold. The gold I was selling is ancient and I bought it for a song then. I know I am getting 5 times what I paid so I am happy. Besides it also ease my cash strapped situation. I wish I had carried all the gold I had. maybe next time.
Julia / September 18, 2012 at 01:27 pm
Oliver Jewellery has an F from the better business bureau and is one of those businesses that is on BBB alert!
as of this email being written.

"! There is an alert for this business !"

These types of businesses are as sleazy as strip clubs!
Samson / September 18, 2012 at 03:07 pm
PS Also, you can get much more for your gold if you sell privately. I've had several clients do this and they've received 70-90% of the value or higher.

Remember there is no such things as 'old' diamonds --all diamonds are 'old'--that's how they became diamonds! If the cut is 'old style' it is still valuable (antique style is going up now). Don't go to pawn shops like oliver jewellery or the rest of them. They are PAWN shops folks they basically are stealing from you. I know quite a few police in Toronto and they always tell me how they know Oliver buys stolen jewellery and many times IS AWARE OF IT. Its why he has been arrested several times. 'Oh YEEEAH'
Francine / September 19, 2012 at 02:18 pm
Tried Korda based on the above recommendation.
A friendly nice guy.
Gave me more than I asked for.
How often does that happen?
Janette / September 22, 2012 at 03:08 pm
Just found a place on Bloor St. in Toronto that publishes what it will pay for your gold. Please check Torontogold.com. I called them and was informed that they pay 76% of what gold is going for. That is a heck of a lot better than the %20-%25 at Cash Converters. Hope this helps.
Bethany / October 8, 2012 at 01:03 pm
Thank you for this enlightening post. Omitting all other arguments, this post should warn other unsuspecting members of the public, to do their homework before attempting to part with jewellery at a time when they need cash urgently. I found TorontoGold in Bloor street to be decent and genuine.They paid me a very reasonable rate. There rates are posted on their website so you know what you will get.
Linda S. / October 10, 2012 at 03:23 pm
Mr. Korda was a real gentleman. Took the time to examine my jewellery and explain things to me. Never felt pressured and in the end he gave me a good price. It was comforting to find someone who treated me with courtesy and didn't treat me like a dollar sign.
Forkypine / October 11, 2012 at 08:46 am
Mark up on retail jewelry can be 4-5 times. These guys are going to make at least 30% on you, that is just the way it is.Hey, its their contacts! If you are going to use their services then you need to have an idea what to expect. Knowing the grams of your piece and the current price per gram of gold is best, aim for 80 percent of value and that is the gig. The goal of any buy and sell situation is to come out on the best side of the deal. Better to be a Shylock than a sucker.Finding a fair business contact is best though!

Cool look at the industry from both sides of the counter though.
Moneesha / October 11, 2012 at 10:05 am
J.E.W./S
Linda Strong / October 11, 2012 at 02:32 pm
Premier Cash for Gold = TOP NOTCH!

I had 6 offers (I shop around) and he gave me 10% (Give or take) more than the others. I am going to have him host a Gold party at my house soon as well. Nice guy and really friendly!
C. Adams / October 12, 2012 at 10:11 am
Took my gold bangle around to the various cash-for-gold buyers who offered me $30-$70. Then tried Korda downtown who examined it and gave me $125. He was very nice and made the experience as enjoyable as selling one's gold can be.
He is located at Dundas Square
416-363-3327
cash for gold miami / October 16, 2012 at 02:55 pm
I visited several blogs except the audio quality for audio
songs current at this web page is truly superb.
Evelyn / November 5, 2012 at 01:45 pm
I went downtown to see Mr. Korda based on the comments here and wasn't disappointed. Nice sunny office. Everyone else wanted to buy my jewellery for the scrap price but Mr. Korda examined every piece and gave me more. A nice guy. Never felt pressured. Though he sees people through appointment only and is not open on weekends.
416-363-3327
John P replying to a comment from Mohamad S / November 7, 2012 at 12:34 am
I think you meant http://www.premiercashforgold.ca !
Joana Franks replying to a comment from Evelyn / November 7, 2012 at 12:35 am
AVOID KORDA!

Horrible experience. Not even worth getting into.
J H Korda / November 8, 2012 at 05:21 pm
When clients come to sell me their gold and jewellery I encourage them to post a favourable review if they were pleased with us. I'm glad to see some of them have done so. But I can't imagine why "Joana Franks" would post an unfavourable review when she has never stepped foot in my office. In fact in the last several months I can't recall a single client, whether they felt we were able to offer them the best price or not, that didn't find us friendly and respectful. That has always been our policy. Unfortunately, as in politics, the competition often feels that the best way to increase their business is to slander and make up a negative review of my business which I feel is the case with "Joana Franks." To "Joana" if I've offended you in any way please call me at 416-363-3327, tell me how your experience wasn't satisfactory, and let me apologize in person. To the rest of the jewellery buyers out there, surely there must be another way for you to attract clientele than these made-up negative reviews.
To the rest of you, when you need a fair, friendly, and respectful quote on your old gold and jewellery I hope you'll give us a try.
Jeff Korda
www.jhkorda.com
Korda Troll / November 11, 2012 at 11:07 pm
Looks like all the posts for Korda are by Korda...Trolling! lol
Warren / November 17, 2012 at 11:27 am
Harold is the best!
Tony / November 24, 2012 at 07:40 am
Bottom line, they're a bunch of thieving douche bags.
Ron / December 2, 2012 at 09:09 pm
Do not be so quick to blame the Olivers and Harolds of the world. The true rip off occurred when somebody paid retail for the piece. Jewellery or jooolery is highly marked up at the retail level and by the wholesalers and distributors in between. Your piece probably left the factory at 10 percent of the retail price. When you go to the cash4gold places, they offer meltdown value for the metal, which is not pure and not as valuable as you think and below wholesale for the stones which find their way back to another manufacturer if useable without being recut or polished. Scrap yards will not pay you even 25 percent of what your car cost 15 years ago, so why do we expect more for jewellery? I doubt much of what they purchase gets in to their display cases. Sorry, all that glitters is not valuable. Moral of the story, buy cheap, or invest in pure bars or coins. Jewellery is not for retail investors.
Jakub / December 5, 2012 at 04:06 pm
When you sell your unused gold jewellery to a local buyer, make sure that you are getting paid what its worth because many gold buyers pay as low as 20% the value of your gold!

In general you are doing well to recieve %40 of the value because the gold buyer usually has to sell to a refinery and they need to make profit as well as the refinery. So in the industry it is standard to give about a third of the value, but some gold buyers pay out more (up to %60). Make sure you know the value of your gold before you sell by getting it appraised.

Find the top paying Toronto Gold Buyers
Xarles / December 22, 2012 at 02:26 am
And I Def Agreee With My Boy From Rexdale... Like How Much R U Reallly Expecting If You Think Your Getting 200plus Your Trippin. If It Was Bought @@ 250 How Would The Person Your Selling Make A Worth While Profit When They Re Seell
Gold replying to a comment from Ron / December 23, 2012 at 04:55 pm
Your argument is faulty, unfortunately. A car loses value the moment it leaves the dealer's lot, but gold has increased dramatically in value (>500%, in fact) over the last 10-15 years. It goes without saying that you won't get retail or even full wholesale value when selling your gold; by comparing gold to a car, however, you appear to be suggesting that a piece bought a decade or more ago is worth only a fraction of its original value. In actual fact, the reverse is true, and anyone selling their gold should be aware of that.

On another note, and in case nobody else has noticed, it's pretty apparent that most (if not all) of the posts touting a fabulous experience at one or another of the gold buyers around town are...ummmm..."inside jobs." How likely is it that a casual reader of this article takes the time to write a comment about the amazing price & courteous service they received at establishment X, and then includes the email address and/or phone number, too? All that does, IMHO, is perpetuate the "shady operator" stereotype of those in the cash for gold business.
Gold / December 23, 2012 at 05:00 pm
Whoops - website, not email address. But you get the point.
Annette / December 29, 2012 at 01:58 pm
Hello,

We are Christian Organization formed to help people in needs of helps,such as financial help.So if you are going through financial difficulty or you are in any financial mess,and you need funds to start up your own business,or you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills,start a nice business, or you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks,contact us today via emailajbycroft13@gmail.com for the bible says""Luke 11:10 Everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened"so do not let these opportunity pass you by because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever more.Please these is for serious minded and God fearing People.

You are advise to fill and return the details below..

Your Name:______________________
Your Address:____________________
Your Country:____________________
Your Occupation:__________________
Loan Amount Needed:______________
Loan Duration:____________________
Monthly Income:__________________
Cell phone Number:________________
Have you applied for a loan before: ________________
If you have applied for a loan before, where you treated honestly? where are the company located?...

Act fast and get out of financial stress, mess and hardship by contacting Annette Loan Corporation Today via Email at: ajbycroft13@gmail.com .You shall be treated with the best of our resources until you get this funds transferred into your account, and your quick and fast respond determines how fast you shall be receiving your loan. Without any delay Apply for your best and easy Loan here with us. Please email to Us on Via

email: ajbycroft13@gmail.com
Best Regards
Mrs Annette
Truthsyaer replying to a comment from Richard / January 10, 2013 at 09:32 am
I am so glad that someone like Richard says it like it is. I too am Jewish, and understand exactly where Richard is coming from. Why is it when one speaks the truth, one is labelled an anti-semite? Would the term "camel trader" when directed at the gold pawn shops be more appropriate? Most likely, Richard's critics wouldn't object if the shops were owned by arabs?
Leona Mills / January 14, 2013 at 02:59 pm
I've was reading the reviews trying to find a trustworthy place. It was interesting that someone suggested that gold buying firms write their own reviews. This may or may not be true. No way to tell for sure. I decided to try a few places based on reviews here and ended up selling to Korda. He was patient, answered all my questions, and offered more than the other places without haggling back and forth. Seemed very honest. A real gentleman.
Korda Strikes Again replying to a comment from Leona Mills / January 16, 2013 at 11:51 pm
Enough with the spamming already Mr. Korda.
WE KNOW ITS YOU posting your own comments about yourself!
Leona Mills / January 20, 2013 at 11:26 am
Sorry to disappoint. Real person. Real review. Get a life!
June / January 22, 2013 at 02:20 pm
Thanks for this article. I have my gold valued at the store for $600 then called the Toronto refinery and they gave me the location of the store close by that I could take the gold to. They paid the daily posted value for the gold and I got over $400 more. It was worth the drive. The store was near York University.

June / January 22, 2013 at 02:22 pm
Sorry the website was posted.
June / January 22, 2013 at 02:22 pm
kari sexton / February 1, 2013 at 11:44 pm
Take everything bad you can imagine about an experience like this and multiply it by 100. That's how bad it really is. Crooks not fair business agents. I felt completely at risk. My jewelry was taken behind a locked door to show "the boss" and after several minutes I had to repeatedly shout for attention and bang on the glass devider before the sleazy man came back...WITHOUT MY JEWELRY. I had to demand it be brought back to me while negotiating. Their ad is so misleading. I felt completely violated by the experience
REV HARRY OSCAR / February 4, 2013 at 05:12 pm
ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE
===============================
Is specialized in providing loans, Since money have been a major problem in our day today life,
We provide loan with 2% interest rate Our loans are well insured and maximum security is our
priority. ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE is a UK based loan firm with lending license.
==================================================
AVAILABLE OFFER
We offer the following types of loans:
*Personal Loans.
*Business Loans.
*Investments Loans.
*Home Loan
*Car Loan
*Student Loan and many more…
==================================================

Email:.. stmartinsloanservice@gmail.com
THANKS AND REGARDS
REV HARRY OSCAR
Bob / February 7, 2013 at 01:45 pm
This reminds me of Germany’s hyperinflation in the 30’s, there was a Jewish pawn shop almost on every steer corner buying up all the gold thy can for pennies on the mark Oh yeaaahh! That’s how Jew’s get rich with our working.
Big Bob replying to a comment from Richard / February 10, 2013 at 04:57 am
I'm not a racist either
Ben replying to a comment from mike / February 10, 2013 at 05:02 am
Bullshit, my father is a dentist and in the 30 years he has been practicing he has only accumulated about $300 worth of gold.
Ben replying to a comment from Richard / February 10, 2013 at 05:03 am
Sure, and there are no racial implications to using that term.
Ben replying to a comment from Richard / February 10, 2013 at 05:05 am
Have you seen the show Pawn Brokers? No Jews on there, and yet they are relentless with their bargaining. It's the nature of the business.
Jocelyn replying to a comment from poopchute / February 10, 2013 at 05:12 am
You are a paranoid turd
Mark replying to a comment from Sean Brant / February 10, 2013 at 05:17 am
Lol, great advertising there.
J H Korda replying to a comment from J H Korda / February 10, 2013 at 05:26 am
Korda must be new to the internet, if you are gonna post fake reviews, don't use the same tone and style in every one.
J H Korda replying to a comment from Leona Mills / February 10, 2013 at 05:29 am
Wow Korda is getting nasty!
Emil G / February 12, 2013 at 10:37 am
Wow. The last 10 or so comments have been pretty nasty. This site seems to be attracting racists and backstabbing comments. Perhaps it's time for the moderator or whoever runs this blog to close it down.
NS / February 14, 2013 at 04:52 am
Was curious about these types of places last year, and I do have a bracelet that my late mother gave many years ago that I just don't see myself ever wearing again. It's just not my style at this age.
I only passed by Harold's...THAT WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME RUN LIKE HELL AND NEVER LOOK BACK!!! Such a SLIMY cad....tries to make it seem like you should be greatful at his almost 'non-offer', then trying to put the pressure on when you tell him you will just be taking your item because the offer was too low.
I see his commercial about lending mortgages and cannot help but to think, "WHO THE HELL WOULD EVERY WANT TO GET A MORTGAGE FROM THAT FACE?!" He looks more fake 'an a 3 dollar bill as he sits at his desk, engaged in some merry banter with some young lady (who no doubt probably went straight to a church to ask God to 'cover her', for she has just worked with the Devil himself on a commercial.)

LOVED THIS ARTICLE! So well written. The flow is perfect. The experiences, as bad as they were, were captured spot on.

I was thinking to venture out again to see about selling that bracelet. Does anyone know of any reputable shops that I can deal with, or is that like asking if anyone has really ever seen Santa Clause?
Dee / March 8, 2013 at 10:44 am
If you're really looking to sell gold - this article from Consumer Reports is pretty helpful.
REV MEHALL LOWRY / March 11, 2013 at 03:16 pm
HOLY CROSS FINANCIAL LOAN SERVICE
Email:. [ hollycrossfinance@gmail.com ]
Address: 22 Cortayne Road, Fulham, London, SW6 3QA
======================
Is one of the leading Christian loan providers, HOLY CROSS FINANCE is here to
help you lay the foundation for your Business, Home, Education e.t.c. With the
experience of sharing the dream of millions of our customers, we offer you the
most convenient loan plans to suit your needs.
==============================
EMAIL: hollycrossfinance@gmail.com
HOLY CROSS FINANCIAL LOAN SERVICE
jewish guy replying to a comment from Richard / March 29, 2013 at 08:24 am
Watch your racial slurs please.
bouba keita / April 3, 2013 at 11:07 am
Dear Sir,
We are Gold miners here on the sub-region of West Africa.We have some quantity of Gold Dust and Diamonds for sale at a reasonable and considerable price . If you are interested, do not hesitate to get back to us as soon as possible for us to give you our full co-operate
offer (FCO).Also even if you are not prepared to buy our Gold now,you can look for a buyer that will buy our Gold through you so that you will benefit a commission from it as well. We sincerely use this medium to contact you to let you know what we have presently

PRODUCT------ ALLUVIAL GOLD DUST
QUALITY ------- 22+ CARAT or BETTER
PURITY.............92.6%
PRICE -- --------- $ 38,000 USD FOB / NEGOTIABLE
QUANTITY --------------------- 110 KILOGRAMS
ORIGINE ..........Rep. du Mali

Our appointed representative shall accompany you and the product to your final destination and monitor further inspection of the assay process that will be carried out in the country where the product shall be shipped to. After you must have been satisfied with the
product, Our money shall be paid to us or our appointed representative. If need be you shall assist us to purchase needed plant machinery and mining equipments with part of
the money for our use in order to booast our local production capacity.We can also go into a joint venture if you are interested based on your concern and interest shown to the miners during your visit to the mining communities. Your quick and favourable response
will be appreciated as we look forward to a long lasting business relationship with you.
Regards
Bouba Keita
00223 678 764 65

N/B: WE CAN AS WELL SEND GOLD SAMPLES AS FROM 50 GRAMMES UP TO 1KG.

WE ALSO HAVE DIAMONDS READILY AVAILABLE IN OUR OFFICE IN GUINEA
CONAKRY AND SIERRA LEONE,IF INTERESTED LET US KNOW IN OTHER TO FORWARD OUR COMMODITY SPECIFICATION (MANIFEST¨) FOR YOUR STUDY AND CONCLUSION.
Scam Alert / April 4, 2013 at 04:33 pm
For those who are tempted:
The above Ad is a Major Scam
mrstefan.dorou / May 1, 2013 at 09:46 am
Attn Sir,

We are the West African Diamond Group Association dealing on loose diamond colors and gold bars and gold dust for jewelries, Origin Sierraleone/Guinee/Mali/Burkina Faso/Ghana/etc,

we have group of local miners for gold and rough diamonds,we have connections for crude oil well in the countries with it minaral resources. If you are interested to partner with our company email us or call with the telephone number below

Kindly tell us what types of rough diamonds you are looking for at what size,

Looking for to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Greetings to you from REV GEORGE ALBERT Directors of
OUR LADY HELP OF CHRISTIANS LOAN FINANCE FIRM
Email:. [ ourladyofhelploanfirm@gmail.com ]
Address: 127 Mottingham Road, London SE9 4ST
=======================================
Is one of the leading Christian loan providers, OUR LADY HELP OF CHRISTIANS
is here to help you lay the foundation for your Business, Home, Education e.t.c. With the
experience of sharing the dream of millions of our customers, we offer you the
most convenient loan plans to suit your needs.
======================================
Do you need funds to start up your own business?
Do you need a loan to pay off your debt?
Whether you are self-employed or salaried, want a floating or fixed rate,
OUR LADY OF HELP will offer a loan that is just right for you.
we satisfy our customers and i believe yours will not be an exception.
=====================================
Our email address is [ ourladyofhelploanfirm@gmail.com ]
Please this is for serious minded and God fearing People,
interested persons should contact us through our email and
your life will never remain the same. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

THANKS AND REGARDS
REV GEORGE ALBERT
EMAIL: ourladyofhelploanfirm@gmail.com
OUR LADY HELP FINANCIAL LOAN SERVICE
japan-fishing.net / June 21, 2013 at 12:59 am
RV lovers tend to help accessorize their vehicles
with perfect gadgets and things. Here is another website with Incredible Hulk coloring pages:.
Generally, ribosomes that are bound to the endoplasmic reticulum construct
proteins that are transported out of the cell including cell surface
receptors.
nickatnoon replying to a comment from Mike / July 17, 2013 at 07:11 pm
@Mike, please STFU OK! Thanx...
nickatnoon replying to a comment from Big Bob / July 17, 2013 at 07:19 pm
@Bob, where do you think the term 'JEW someone down' originated from? JEWs have been kicked out of over 100 countries in their history. There isn't a more despicable race ever! Now go pay for 3 houses to buy 1, then call me an ant-semite! lol SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS!
nickatnoon replying to a comment from Linda S. / July 17, 2013 at 07:23 pm
@Linda, did he kiss you while he bent you over? lol
sell gold / July 27, 2013 at 09:29 pm
Hi, the whole thing is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is
sharing information, that's actually fine, keep up writing.
Charles Huang replying to a comment from Richard / July 28, 2013 at 11:25 am
I can't stand his commercials, so I decided my own version for fun for the Conservative Party of Canada.
publikacje online / August 5, 2013 at 07:22 pm
Yes! Finally someone writes about money.
Diamond / August 14, 2013 at 01:05 am
I think with anything you need to know what you are dealing the karat rating on gold is the percentage of gold in your article. So it is buyer beware and there are places that you can get very good prices from if you look around. Even jewellery stores that don't advertise they buy gold will buy gold. I set out over a few days with a gold coin and yes received a number of different offers, my lesson was stay away from all of those chain cash places and the Olivers and Harolds. I like the article, my only advice would be to try and know the weight and karat of your piece, know the US exchange rate because gold is priced in $US some will offer a price at par but it is only recently we have a strong dollar compared to the US. There are a number of places on the internet that will explain how to calculate your gold value. Then go from there, I found places that were buying at market less 5%, at that time gold was having a good run and everyone was trying to buy it.

I hate how these places turn the discussion to topics not part of the article but only people and businesses using it for their own personal gain and trying to get free advertising.

Anyway my 2 cents worth as my dad always said and by the way with rounding it now become my 0 cents worth.
john / August 29, 2013 at 10:17 am
I went to Mr Goldbuyer on Eglinton and it is great. No haggling or shady business. They just weigh your gold and buy it. It will be melted down. Maria is a very nice lady. The perfect place if you don't really know anything about what you are selling.
Russell Oliver Scam / October 2, 2013 at 08:58 pm
How can Russell Oliver be a scam after 40 years in business? Come on folks, ease up with the Russell Oliver scam posts. This man holds his own and has out lived every seedy character and here-today-gone-tomorrow cash for gold and jewellery pawn shop outfit for decades. Can we finally cut him a break!

Will There Ever Be A Cure For Herpes / October 18, 2013 at 05:09 pm
You are so cool! I don't suppose I've read through something like this before.
So nice to find another person with some genuine thoughts on his subject.
Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is needed on the internet, someone with some originality!
Rev Smith Douglass / October 25, 2013 at 10:58 am
OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL LOAN FIRM
ADDRESS :41 Kensington Church Street, London, W8 4BB
EMAIL ADDRESS :[ourladyofmountcarmelloanfirm@gmail.com]
==========================================================================

Greetings from our lady of mount carmel loan firm,This is to notify you that we
offer financial assistance to anyone in need,due to the high rate of
scams in the financial world. This is a holy
church loan finance firm, that offers lending service today that is generally filtered by International Loan Agency.

We give out loans from the range of $1,000 to $90,000,000 USD,at 2.0%
interest rate Our loans are well insured and maximum security is our
priority,

* Are you financially Squeezed?
* Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts
* Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
* Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
* Do you seek loans to carry out large projects
* Do you seek funding for various other processes?

Note: We offer the following loans to individuals-

*Commercial Loans.
*Personal Loans.
*Business Loans.
*Investments Loans.
*Development Loans.
*Acquisition Loans .
*Construction loans.
*Business Loans And many More:
and many more at 1.2% interest rate.

If you are intrested kindly fill
the application form below with the required informations.
we hope to make this transaction different from the rest.

LOAN APPLICATION FORM
(1) NAME:………………………….
(2) CONTACT ADDRESS:………………..
(3) LOAN AMOUNT IN EUROS/POUNDS/USD:……..
(4) LOAN DURATION:………………….
(5) PURPOSE OF LOAN:………………..
(6) GENDER:………………………..
(7) MODE OF FUND RECEPTION:………….
(8) COUNTRY:……………………….
(9) OFFICE/HOME PHONE NUMBER:………..
(10) OCCUPATION:……………………
(11) EMAIL ADDRESS:…………………
(12) ZIP/ POSTAL CODE:………………
(13) CITY:…………………………
(14) BANK ACCOUNT BALANCE:…………..
(15) NEXT OF KIN:…………………..
(16) MARITAL STATUS:………………..
(17)SCAN AND ATTACH YOUR IDENTITY CARD..

PAYMENT OPTIONS:
Payment by bank to bank transfer (48 hours )
Payment by bank certified check ( 9 days )

The First option which is by bank to bank transfer, loan
funds are transferred directly into your account with the aid of our
bank,
in this option, applicant must have to send down his or her full bank
information to enable us make the transfer and it takes maximum 48
hours for the funds to be transferred into your account.

As for the last option, a certified check is made out by our bank as a
draft,which can be cashed by clients any where in the world, it takes
4 working days to get to the applicant and 5 days for the check to be
cleared.

Once you agree to our terms and follow the instructions therein, you
stand to get your loan within 24-48hours.

If you are interested in obtaining loan from OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL LOAN FIRM,kindly get back to us through this email address below:
ourladyofmountcarmelloanfirm@gmail.com, and we hope that all your
problems will be solve by the grace of God.
You are blessed in Jesus name.

THANKS
Rev Smith Douglass
williams brown / November 2, 2013 at 09:26 am
CREDIT TRUST FINANCIAL LOAN SERVICE
Email: credittrustloanservice@gmail.com
======================
We give out our Loan in USD($) and GBP(£) and any currency of your choice.
Are you financially Squeezed?
Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts
Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
Do you seek loans to carry out large projects
Do you seek funding for other various processes?!
=====================
Loan up to $1,000,000.00
Attractive Interest Rate & Processing charges
Easy documentation
Speedy loan processing
No security/collateral required.
Flexible repayment options
Part Payment Option upto 25% of principle outstanding in a year
Personalized and professional service.
=====================
APPLICATION FORM

* NAME--------------------
* COUNTRY-----------------
* OCCUPATION--------------
* MARITAL STATUS----------
* PHONE NUMBER------------
* MONTHLY INCOME----------
* ADDRESS-----------------
* PURPOSE OF LOAN---------
* AMOUNT------------------
* DURATION----------------

All interested persons are to fill the application form
and send it back to us Via email: credittrustloanservice@gmail.com
and we promise to make your dreams come true.

THANKS AND REGARDS
WILLIAMS BROWN
EMAIL: credittrustloanservice@gmail.com
CREDIT TRUST FINANCIAL LOAN SERVICE
Diva4 replying to a comment from george / November 8, 2013 at 06:46 am
I actually had to call the police as when I declined Oliver's offer he detained me in the store, refused to press the release button. I explained I have an environmental illness and was choking from emissions of their carpeting.
ziad / December 19, 2013 at 02:08 pm
Harold the thief should be stopped from robbing other people's gold after giving them a loan for it
seducing a woman / January 10, 2014 at 02:09 pm
Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as
I provide credit and sources back to your webpage? My blog site is in the exact same
niche as yours and my users would really benefit from a lot of the information you provide
here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
Many thanks!
Webhawks Technology / January 17, 2014 at 08:46 am

WELCOME TO DMC GOLD
Jwellary is an important thing for every woman.This is an asset not only for women...but men also. We are the top among gold buyers in the Toronto, Mississauga and surrounding area through our physical store or for customers all across Canada and the United States through our mail-in service. We are a 100% Canadian owned and fully licensed company, located in a safe and secure environment where you can sell your scrap or unwanted gold and silver by scrap gold Toronto with the utmost privacy and security.With gold prices playing on its peak, there is a constant increase in the price of gold, and thus in the era of gold economics gold has become a perfect substitute for cash.We offer both in-store and mail-in services. Those who considers the distance as the main problem,DMC GOLD has a perfect solution for them.So you can sell us your unwanted or scrap jewellery(either in our store or online) with the utmost confidence on sell scrap gold online.If you have decided to sell scrap gold Toronto with DMC GOLD you have taken the right decision.You can get the highest payment for the sell old gold Toronto with the top most Gold buyer Toronto, Mississauga and in the Canadian belt.We pay you the highest prices for Sell gold Toronto,Sell scrap gold Toronto,Sell gold Mississauga,Sell gold online,Sell scrap gold online, for we are the one who buys gold online.For further information please visit our website http://www.dmcgold.ca..
Camara / February 12, 2014 at 12:45 pm
DEAR SIR,

WE ARE GOLD LOGAL MINING IN MALI WEST AFRICA AND WE HAVE GOLD DUST FOR SALE LOOKING FOR RELIABLE BUYER WORLDWIDE.
OUR PRODUCT FOR SALE:
GOLD DUST
PURITY: 92%
QUANTITY: 21KG
CARATS: 22+

BEST REGARD'S.

Email camagold@gmail.com

Mr.Camara.00223 75155108
Gta Online Hack / February 16, 2014 at 07:38 am
Hi there to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this website, and your views are good in support of new
users.
mortgage rates 30 year fixed rate / February 16, 2014 at 08:15 pm
Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity for your post is simply spectacular and i can assume
you're an expert on this subject. Well along with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with coming near near
post. Thank you one million and please carry on the gratifying work.
Glen / February 17, 2014 at 10:22 pm
This article is the exact experience I have recieved being to all of them. the worst is actually Orens, steep rock drive, watch his luxury commercials and actually go there feeling like your in a mechanics shop, with a full cat litter box full of cat shit, and a dusty ripped up chair. BUT there is light at the end of the tunnel....Best place and now I only go there is located at royal York rd and and the the queensway, called the Gem Gallery. really nice people and they dont just get your gold to melt it, they buy and resell your jewellery. BUT anyone looking to sell gold or anything make sure you know what your stuff is worth before going into any place, but also remember these people are not going to give you retail price either as they need to make some profit, but try and get more than 50% of what your item is worth. ex Gold average $45-$50 per gram. most rings are a few grams each (unless it is really skinny and light). but I highly recomend Gem Gallery. (no prison bar feel)
SHAWN PHILIP / February 21, 2014 at 09:04 pm