Bill Hicks Bar is a new rock-meets-dive-meets-tiki bar (basically, the bar version of a hypothetical love child between Dave Grohl, Gary Busey, and Matthew McConaughey in his bongo phase). Posthumously...
Penny's is one of the latest bars dotting the molting retail landscape of Bloordale Village. Located at Bloor and Lansdowne, the bar opened its doors earlier this year in a...
The Well landed itself a coveted spot on Lower Ossington this past spring, taking over from the short-lived pasta place just down from Golden Turtle. Billed as a cafe and...
Linwood Essentials is located at Queen and Shaw, in the former home of celebrated noodle house A-OK Foods, a space long eyed by any number of savvy restaurateurs who might...
The Calvin Bar represents something of a rebirth for the Trump Hotel here in Toronto. Helmed by an INK/O&B partnership, the stuffy Stock has become the America restaurant, while downstairs...
Stepping into The Gaslight is something of a relief. The sparsely populated area around Bloor and Symington feels a far cry from the relatively bustling Bloor and Lansdowne neighbourhood. The...
The Rum Exchange aspires to be Toronto's No. 1 destination for the Caribbean's ubiquitous spirit. With over 55 varieties available, and owner Rumen Dimitrov ('Toronto's Rum Ambassador') on hand to...
ACE is a new nightclub that touts itself as an elite place to play. Opened in the old Footwork space on Adelaide, a whole different vibe is cultivated. I visited...
Smiling Buddha has long been known as an on-and-off hub for emerging Toronto indie rock bands as well as a prototypical dive bar that resisted gentrification. But as of this...
El Caballito opened earlier this month at King and Duncan. Offering a range of tequilas (and related cocktails), as well as bar snacks like tacos with scratch-made tortillas, the aim...
The Midpoint on West Queen West has been kicking around for at least five years, having several incarnations as pizza parlour, bar and club. Seems like it's finally settled into...
Pact Bar opened at the end of November at the corner of Dundas and Markham. It's tucked away from the main street behind an Ali Baba's. It joins a neighbourhood...
Seventeen Eighteen is the product of former Go Lounge owners Samantha Lerner and Alisa Sadler and Black Pug DMK owner and designer Daisuke Ito. They've transformed the old board game...
Hi-Lo Bar is a new bar in Riverside in the space that PicNic at Home used to occupy. As of late, when I go out on the town, I sometimes...
The Rockpile East is situated in Scarborough at Eglinton Ave E and Danforth Rd. Housed in the same building as the Eglinton Inn and conveniently (landmark-wise) next door to Caddy's...
Gravity Soundbar is a nightclub located in the Entertainment District. It hosts themed events most nights, such as Wayback Wednesday and She Likes It Saturdays (a vast improvement over He...
Weldon Park is the newest bar to spring up on College Street. Just like the name suggests, it has a park theme, but unlike any park I've been to before,...
Ballet is an event venue/lounge/nightclub on Ossington located in the space where Jezebel used to be. Like Jezebel, Ballet features burlesque and other types of performance while encouraging patrons to...
Scout's Honour is like going to summer camp. The smell of fresh pine, stories around the campfire, prepubescent awkwardness...Ok, so there's no fire pit (thanks a lot fire safety laws)...
Lucy Brock is a new bar at Dundas and Dufferin courtesy of Ryan McVittie, the folks behind Parkdale's Motel (Daniel Greaves and Lisa Black) and Elizabeth Davies. A small but...
Find a Bar
Use the filters below to show just the bars you want. Filter by category, neighbourhood or both.
Look up bars on the go.
- Bill Hicks Bar While I feel we don't need another hipster-type spot out here in the east-end (Really? PBR? Bacon reference? Sigh.) It beats having a load of SIR-Corp/Irish Pub Chain/Caseys/Loose Moose type...
- Ryze One of the girls that collects the entrance fee is hilarious. Seems like she hates her life lol I would too if I was doing her job, but really she...
- Bill Hicks Bar Refreshing to see a normal bartender pouring booze from a bottle, and mix from a can instead of pretentious "house made" crap that tastes murky and muddy and costs $20...
- Bill Hicks Bar I'm with Berry, Tiki Bar? Don't think so.
- Bill Hicks Bar Hey, that stranger was me! (Or at least I presume so) Great write up, and completely agree with all of the above. An instant classic.
- Penny's I go to Penny's all the time. The beer selection is fantastic and cheap and service is excellent. Love the food, decor and staff.
- Bill Hicks Bar Seems like a decent hipster dive, but I have no idea how this place is supposed to be "tiki" at all, unless you think "tiki" just means colorful. No tiki...
- Bill Hicks Bar I wonder how Hicks would feel about his image being used to sell alcohol... Hicks didn't drink! And he spoke constantly about his preference for pot and psychedelics. As well...
- Bill Hicks Bar will have to check out, as the bars name is exactly like my beloved Dad, Bill Hicks, he would have got a kick out that wish he was here so...
- Bill Hicks Bar Sorry, but calling this a tiki bar doesn't make it one. If the reviewer only mentions cheap PBR and makes the requisite bacon references, this means it's just another hipster...
- Bill Hicks Bar Such a great spot and so close to home!
- Bill Hicks Bar Opening a Bill Hicks bar that is completely no smoking is like opening a Kim Kardashian bar that has no mirrors.
- Bill Hicks Bar Tiki bar? So I can go and get a Zombie or a Mai Tai or a Hurricane or a Planters Punch or a Fog Cutter or a Jungle Bird or a...
- Penny's Great place for good homemade food and drinks, whether you enjoy beer or cocktails. The staff is friendly and the entertainment is always enjoyable. Make this your local...
- The Peacok SEE YOU GUYS ALL THERE. CANT WAIT. PEACOCK IS DOPE.
- Penny's Penny's is a good spot. Nice people! But I really wish they'd turn down the dang lights. Bars are dark for a reason (to camouflage your ugly mug so that...
- Gilt LOL! This is one of the best articles on here.
- Gilt Loved the writeup. I'll say it for you though, this place already stinks of douchebags. I'll pass.
- Gilt Looks pretty boring. I guess that's cool if you're only good for just standing around and looking good.
- Gilt Part of me really wants to believe that they're being sarcastic or ironic with the hashtags thing, but the rest of me is too busy weeping for the future of...
- Gilt love your reviews Martha!
- Gilt Sounds terrible.
- The Well Great atmosphere and reasonably priced drinks. This place is located next to the Golden Turtle (they actually feature dinner service, so you can enjoy some vietnamese accompanied with an ice...
- The Well This place is a joke, they serve as extra seating for the Golden Turtle spillover these days
- Rush Lane This is where that wings place used to be, right? Think the wings place would be a better move for the area. It's not like anyone really likes...
- The Cavern Bar I completely love the look of this space. Does anyone know why the cellar was constructed in this shape? It is beautiful.
- Rush Lane Haha. Suspenders. The new 'flair' bartending. Smoke and mirrors, folks, step right up.
- Rush Lane This place looks great. The prices also aren't outrageous for the amount of effort going into each item. Will definitely be checking it out
- The Cavern Bar What a cool looking space! Any explanation why the cellar is shaped like this?
- The Cavern Bar How about listing the food? Can't find any info on the Cavern "web page" and the hostel web page.
Most Commented On
- 3030 Dundas West 77 Comments
- The Piston 61 Comments
- Cabana Pool Bar 60 Comments
- Aria Entertainment Complex 57 Comments
- Goodnight 56 Comments
- Detour Bar 55 Comments
- Poetry Jazz Cafe 53 Comments
- Unlovable 47 Comments
- The Peacok 46 Comments
- Hitch 45 Comments
- Our House 44 Comments
- The Hoxton 44 Comments
- 1602 Dundas St. West 43 Comments
- Screen Lounge 42 Comments
- Crown Bar and Lounge 39 Comments
- Duffy's Tavern 39 Comments
- Play 39 Comments
- SPiN Toronto 38 Comments
- Grace O'Malley's 34 Comments
- Sneaky Dee's 31 Comments
- The Brunswick House 31 Comments
- Dolce Social Ballroom 31 Comments
- Motel 31 Comments
- Bistro 422 31 Comments
- The Yukon 31 Comments
- 3 Speed 30 Comments
- Jezebel 30 Comments
- Blondie's 29 Comments
- The Savoy 29 Comments
- Locus 144 29 Comments
- The Best Peameal Bacon Sandwiches in Toronto
- The Best Pizza Slice in Toronto
- The Best Steak Frites in Toronto
- The Best Vintage Furniture Stores in Toronto
- The Best Cheap Eats in Woodbridge
- The Best Latin American Cafes and Bakeries in Toronto
- The Best Ethiopian Restaurants in Toronto
- The Best Hakka Restaurants in Toronto
- 10 places in Toronto to get free stuff on your birthday
- The top 10 Toronto athletes on Twitter
- The top 5 bakeries in Scarborough
- The 10 worst movies made in Toronto
- The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto
- The top 10 buildings lost to demolition in Toronto
- The top 10 Toronto viral videos of all time
- The top 10 moments in Toronto sports
- Winterlicious announces 2015 restaurant list
- Toronto Food Events: Riverside Antler Breakfast, IRIE Christmas, Chrismukkah, Yum Cha, Tin Chef
- Toronto Restaurant Openings: Citta, Uncle Tony's, CC Lounge, Queen St. Warehouse, CJ's Deli, Drupati's
- The top 30 deadpool in Toronto from 2014
- 10 restaurants you can buy right now in Toronto
- Table 17 owners tapped for Broadview Hotel restaurant
- Beer Academy to be replaced by Creemore brewpub
- The top 25 restaurants for New Year's dinner in Toronto