ghomeshi toronto police

Toronto police launching Ghomeshi investigation

On the heels of reports that Jian Ghomeshi showed bosses at the CBC graphic videos of him beating women as a means of clearing his name, Toronto Police have confirmed that they are launching an investigation into multiple allegations of abuse against the former Q host. The Toronto Star reports that two women, one of whom is Trailer Park Boys actress Lucy DeCoutere, have filed a complaint with the police force alleging that they were beaten by Ghomeshi.

Both of the women had previously detailed their experiences with Ghomeshi to the Star: DeCoutere came forward earlier this week, saying that Ghomeshi choked and beat her, slapping her three times on the side of the head. A second, unnamed victim, who spoke to the Star on Monday, alleges that Ghomeshi pulled her by her hair to the floor and punched her three times in the head.

Earlier this week, Toronto Police said that despite the numerous allegations surfacing in the press, no one had lodged an official complaint with the police service. Staff, including Police Chief Bill Blair, encouraged anyone who had information and wanted to come forward to do so.

Photo by Jeremy Gilbert via the blogTO Flickr pool.


Latest Videos



Latest Videos


Latest in Arts

Elton John says Canada is 'not the f**king 51st state' in fiery Toronto award speech

Major Toronto museum expansion just got a $35 million boost

Glowing flags that respond to human touch taking over Toronto destination

Two new pieces of art set to transform the space under a Toronto highway

Toronto actor Dan Levy wants baby-free flights but not everyone is on board with that

Toronto architecture critic has side hustle as a sassy drag queen tour guide

Someone designed a retro digital Toronto and it feels like an unlocked memory

Stunning shot by Toronto photographer wins major award and you can tell why