Tailgate Party Starting to Take Shape for Bills Game in Toronto
While some tickets are still left for next weekend's Bills-Dolphins game at the Rogers Centre, entrance to the tailgate party before hand is open to anyone regardless whether they're ponying up for seats or not. The biggest - and official - tailgate is being put on by Budweiser (Facebook event here) and features everything from the Syracuse University marching band (I guess UofT's wasn't available) to 24x24 foot barbecues grilling up bison ribs, burgers and pulled pork sandwiches. Prices for food and drinks will range from $2-$8 - or way cheaper than what it will cost for the crappy food inside the dome.
Here's a look at the full details:
When: Sunday, December 7, 2008
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Gates open at 11:00 a.m.; beer service starts at 12:00 p.m.)
Where: Parking lot across from Rogers Centre at the corner of Blue Jays Way and Front Street.
* Bud Girls
* Buffalo Bills Cheerleaders dance performance at 12:28 p.m.
* Flutie Brothers Band performing at 1:30 p.m.
* Otis Day and the Knights - Bills "Shout" song originator performing at 2:50 p.m.
* Syracuse University Marching Band performing at 3:25 p.m.
Plus, there will apparently be lots of Budweiser and Bills prizing including tickets to the game.
* BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches on Fresh Grilled Cabasa Buns
* Tailgate Beef Chili topped with Aged Cheddar, Jalape単o Peppers and Bread stick
* Fire Grilled Corn on the Cob
* Slow Roasted premium quality BISON RIBS finished on the BBQ
* Soft drinks
* BBQ chips
* Budweiser Beer
And apparently no veggie options except for corn. Ah well. It's a football tailgate party. I guess we shouldn't expect pad thai.
Oh, and admission is free for everyone 19 or older with ID.
Photo by Bill McGurn on Flickr
Join the conversation Load comments