Toronto International Dragon Boat Race Fest 2019
TIDBRF’s mandate is to promote the tradition and sport of dragon boating; to enhance awareness of Asian and Chinese-Canadian cultures and to strengthen cross-cultural understanding. Since 1989, the Festival takes place in June to promote cultural understanding and act as supporting attractions to tourists coming to Toronto. It has been recognized as one of the signature cultural events in Toronto that promote heritage and arts in this highly diversify region of the Country.
On average, over 5,000 athletes participating in the heritage dragon boat race with over 80 local artists, artisans and heritage performers, 200+ volunteers participating in this 2-day festival. It draws over 65,000 visitors per year to Toronto Centre Island.
The objectives of this Festival are:
* Sharing the tradition and heritage of dragon boat racing
* Facilitating community engagement and volunteerism thorough arts, heritage and sports
* Showcasing local talents and link them with the community
* Make local arts and heritage accessible to all walks of life
* Promote active and participative life style