ALERT: Please be advised that due to COVID-19 all upcoming events in Toronto have been cancelled. Some events have been rescheduled to a later date or moved online. Please contact event coordinators directly for confirmation.
Toronto Dragon Festival
For the first time ever, Canadian Association of Chinese Performing Arts welcomes Canadians and tourists all over the world to gather at Nathan Phillips Square on July 15 & 16th to kick off the First Toronto Dragon Festival. More than 80 interactive booths including Chinese traditional culture demonstration and delicious food will join the biggest street party ever. Numerous performing artists with different ethnic background will take stage to present a never-before-seen Chinese cultural show to wow your summer.
The mind-opening cultural event with the core purpose of promoting Canadian multiculturalism will share Chinese traditional culture and arts with all Canadians.
Dragon Festival 2018 offers something for everyone to enjoy and participate, including:
• Chinese performing arts;
• Traditional Chinese customs;
• Chinese folkloric cultures;
• Traditional Chinese garments;
• Chinese calligraphy and painting
• Martial arts;
• Lion and dragon dancing;
• Art of makeup in Beijing Opera;
• Traditional Chinese wedding ceremonies;
• Clay figuring pinching
Along with the most experienced Chinese performing artists, performances will display the diverse efforts of many local musicians, singers, and dancers to create and share a rich tapestry of entertaining and memorable moments.
• Toronto’s swingingest band: MegaCity Swing Band
• Saro Panossian: Coming from war-torn country of Syria, Saro was welcomed by Canada in 2015. Being a professional singer for 33 years, he has performed all around the world in seven different languages. He will sing songs including a Chinese song at Dragon Festival to celebrate Canada’s diversity and inclusion.
• Excellent visiting artists from China
• Splendid Drum Dance
• Amazing Chinese Face Mask Changing Magic
• Chinese Martial Arts: Tai Chi performed by Canadians, Wing Chun
• Stunning Chinese Acrobats you will only see at Dragon Festival
• Memorable folk song and traditional Chinese musical instruments performance
As an open-access event, Dragon Festival 2018 aims to immerse our guests in the essence of Chinese culture in the most interactive and engaging way. Not only can our guests participate as viewers, they can further celebrate by actively taking part in different Chinese traditions through the stunning variety of different activities available. In its unique way the Festival will attract thousands and thousands of people to come.