ALERT: Please be advised that due to COVID-19 the events section is not currently being maintained. Events listed here are likely rescheduled or canceled and new submissions will not be approved.
TEDxToronto 2019 conference asks what it will take for us as a society to RISE together
TEDxToronto will celebrate its 11th year on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at Toronto’s Evergreen Brick Works – the first time the event will be held on a Saturday.
With this year’s theme – Rise – the conference will explore many things that are on the rise: technologies and businesses, political movements, online communities, the temperature – our city.
Rise is optimistic, as well as ominous and TEDxToronto 2019 will explore that inherent tension and ask: what does it take for all of us, as a society, to rise together?
TEDxToronto is a platform for exceptional ideas and a catalyst for profound change. As one of Canada’s largest TEDx events, this full-day conference aims to build a community of thinkers and doers, centered around the mission of ideas worth spreading, both big and small.
Here’s a sample of some of this year’s speakers:
● Esie Mensah, Dancer and Choreographer, past work with Rihanna and Drake
● Mark Cohon, Chairman of Toronto Global and Former Commissioner of the CFL
● Danielle Goldfarb, Head of Global Research at RIWI Corp., a global data collection and trend-tracking company
● Shireen Ahmed, Writer, Podcaster, Activist for Muslim women in sports
● Casandra Diamond, Founder and Director of BridgeNorth
● Andrew Reeves, Environmental Journalist and Author of Overrun: Dispatches from the Asian Carp Crisis
To purchase tickets and find out more details about TEDxToronto visit http://www.tedxtoronto.com.