"Secret Lives" art exhibit - opening night and gallery
“These are the secrets that comprise our private selves as we delve into what it means to be human.”
A group of Toronto artists reveal the skeletons in their closets at the opening reception of “Secret Lives” on display at the Steam Whistle Brewing Gallery, 255 Bremner, Doors open at 7p.m. Free Admission. Exhibit will remain on display all month.
See the revelations of 14 local artists as they explore their secret lives through illustration and design. The secrets and narratives are simultaneously ludicrous and heartbreaking, banal and provocative, awkward and celebratory. Each piece acts as an investigation of the group’s collective values and the contexts in which they exist.
Featured artists include:
- Rosena Fung www.rosenafung.com
- Suharu Ogawa www.suharuogawa.com
- Derrick Chow www.derrickchow.ca
- Michael Pitropov www.mpitropov.com
- Hudson Christie www.hudsonchristie.com
- Brandon Celi www.brandonceli.com
- Gracia Lam www.gracialam.com
- Dallas Conte www.dallasconte.com
- Aaron Millard www.aaronmillard.com
- JW Pang www.jwpang.com
- Stephanie Kenzie www.stephaniekenzie.com
- Sophia Feesh www.sophiafeesh.net
- Orlando Grunewald www.ogrunewald.com
- Ana Altamira www.altamira.4ormat.com
All exhibitions are open free to the public- Monday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Steam Whistle Brewing - The Roundhouse - 255 Bremner Blvd. Toronto. (South of the CN Tower) 416 362 2337 x 246.