ALERT: Please be advised that due to COVID-19 the events section is not currently being maintained. Events listed here are likely rescheduled or canceled and new submissions will not be approved.
Really Really Free Market 2019
he Really Really Free Market happens on the first Saturday of every month, all year round! Find us at Campbell Park in Toronto.
Everything is free. No money. No swapping. No trades.
HOW DOES IT WORK:
• The mandate is to give everyone a taste of no-exchange: give without expecting a return, take without having to give something in return.
• Cold weather is here, and the Really Really Free Market will be moving indoors! Visit us at the Campbell Park Clubhouse (brick building next to the skating rink).
• Due to our increasing popularity, visitors can browse the free market for a max of 1 HOUR. One hour gives you lots of time to fill your one large shopping bag to the brim!
• After one hour is up, market visitors are allowed to come back at 3pm, to take as much stuff as you want because there are no limits between 3-4pm.
• If you bring items to share, you must bring them before 3pm and please make sure they are in clean & working condition (but please no big items - big items include furniture and anything that is too big or heavy for a person to carry home comfortably)
• During the Market (10am-3pm), there is a limit to the number of items you can take, which is one large shopping bag per person. (2 bags for families of 3 or more people)
• AFTER 3pm, there is no limit - you can take as much as you can!
• Donations can only be brought during a market day from 10am to 3pm. We do not have any other drop-off days or locations.
• Types of items you can donate include: housewares, kitchen utensils, dishes, and small appliances, clothing, toys, craft supplies, bedding, jewellery, electronics, gardening supplies, tools, toiletries and makeup, packaged food that is not expired, pet supplies, books, and more! All items should be in clean, working condition.
We hope to see you at our next RRFM! Don't forget to follow our page Really Really Free Market Campbell Park!
For more details visit: http://rrfmarket.blogspot.ca/
Did you know Really Really Free Market Campbell Park is run 100% by volunteers? This amazing event wouldn't be possible without community members like YOU! Fill in our quick volunteer registration and we'll contact you with future opportunities! https://goo.gl/forms/KkJu1vO7jHJbL4js1
Would you like to see a Really Really Free Market in your community? It's a bit of work, and it requires commitment by a group of individuals, but the results are extremely rewarding!
Here's some tips to get started
1) Invite friends, neighbours, & community members together to help organize.
2) Find an appropriate space for the market to take place.
3) Pick a reoccurring date and time that is easy to remember and advertise the market.
4) Recruit volunteers to help on the day of the market.
5) Make sure you have a plan for what to do with the leftovers.
6) Enjoy creating a sharing community!
More tips available here: https://buff.ly/2AJtdJ7