ALERT: Please be advised that due to COVID-19 the events section is not currently being maintained. Events listed here are likely rescheduled or canceled and new submissions will not be approved.
Light the Night with with 6th Annual Thrill of the Grill
Join the Danforth BIA on the Bloor Viaduct Bridge for a special edition of our annual Thrill of the Grill.
Seven of the Danforth’s excellent restaurants and food shops will light up your taste buds with their delicious back ribs. Proceeds from Thrill of the Grill will benefit kidney cancer research at the Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre.
- Tantalize your taste buds with juicy and saucy ribs grilled by the chefs of Allen’s, The Combine Eatery, Das Gashaus, Factory Girl, Globe Bistro, The Meat Department and Tapas at Embrujo.
- Savour Summer Sweet Grilled Corn: Two different recipes will be fired up by the staff from Sunnybrook’s Odette Cancer Centre and Pfizer Oncology.
- Douse the flames with refreshing beverages from ESKA, SteamWhistle, Gnarly Head and Second
- Meet The Food Network’s Chef Lynn Crawford and HGTV and House & Home's Tommy Smythe.
- At 10pm join the City’s celebration as the historic Bloor Viaduct Bridge is officially lit for the first time!
TICKETS ARE LIMITED AND ARE NOW ON SALE.
$20 ticket includes: 7 ribs, grilled corn, a sample of SteamWhistle beer, a sample of Gnarly Head wine, a bottle of ESKA water and Second Cup samples.
$10 ticket (perfect for kids & vegetarians) includes: grilled corn, ESKA water and Second Cup samples. For people 19 + SteamWhistle and Gnarly Head wine may be purchased.
All tickets come with a special wristband: which allows you to visit the City’s activities on the west side of the bridge and return to the Thrill festivities on the east side of the bridge.
Buy Tickets Online Now at www.thedanforth.ca
The Celebration Continues On the Danforth after the Bridge is Lit!
Hop on SteamWhistle’s Thrill bus for a quick ride over to the Danforth.
Check out the hot deals and Thrill of the Grill specials offered by many of the Danforth’s unique shops and boutiques. Or enjoy a summer nightcap at any of the Danforth’s great bars and restaurants.