ALERT: Please be advised that due to COVID-19 all upcoming events in Toronto have been cancelled. Some events have been rescheduled to a later date or moved online. Please contact event coordinators directly for confirmation.
Korean Harvest Festival 2019
The most celebrated weekend Thanksgiving event among Koreans in Toronto! Come to Mel Lastman Square to enjoy great food, traditional Korean dances and music, as well as performances from our talented local artists.
Hangawi, also known as the Korean Thanksgiving, is a major harvest festival and a three-day holiday in Korea. This holiday is celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar.
For the season of harvest, Korean families take this time to thank their ancestors for providing them with rice and fruits. The celebration includes family gathering, wearing hanbok (traditional korean clothing) and dancing under the bright moon in a large circle.
Korean Harvest Festival is the time to celebrate the family and give thanks for their blessings.
The biggest Korean community heritage event in Canada
• 3 days of extended event hours at Mel Lastman Square
• More than 100 local businesses expected to join this year
• More than 60 food and product exhibitions
• Special Korean cuisine demonstrations by Toronto’s best Korean chefs
• Korean community’s famous performers
• Open to neighbor local communities
• Great deal of gift chances on location