FREE Circus Classes at the Sony Centre
Join us on Tuesday evenings in March for flexibility and acrobalancing classes with instructors from Cirque-ability! Register at www.sonycentre.ca/community to guarantee your spot! Drop-in spots will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
• No previous experience required.
• Enter through the Yonge Street entrance (west side of building, south of Front Street).
• Please wear comfortable clothes. Washroom available for changing.
• Please bring your own water!
• Doors open 15 minutes before class starts. Please arrive early to change and sign-in. Late comers will not be allowed entrance.
March 21 - Flexibility for all Levels
Please bring a yoga mat or small blanket for stretching.
Do you want to learn stretches that circus artists use to learn splits and bridges? Whether you're two feet off the ground in your “splits" or all the way down, this class will have something for you. Class will introduce active flexibility, passive flexibility and partner stretching. Cirque-ability puts a strong emphasis on technique and safety while working towards flexibility and contortion skills.
March 28 – Acrobalancing for Beginners
Come try out some acrobalancing with us! This class uses elements of Acrobatic Gymnastics, Circus Hand to Hand and Acro Yoga. In addition to learning some fun acrobalancing skills, participants will also learn strengthening exercises that acrobats use to build strength and technique. No experience required!