ALERT: Please be advised that due to COVID-19 all upcoming events in Toronto have been cancelled. Some events have been rescheduled to a later date or moved online. Please contact event coordinators directly for confirmation.
Flamingo Market - Fall Edition
It's unofficially fall - Pumpkin Spice Lattes have returned, the leaves outside are getting ready to turn into vibrant tones of red, orange, and yellow - and our flamboyance is here to complete that rainbow for you! 🏳️🌈
Welcome to Flamingo Market, Torontos only independent bi-monthly market for LGBTQ2SIA+ business owners and makers!
Proudly hosted at the historic Buddies In Bad Times Theatre in the heart of Toronto's Gay Village.
Featuring, promoting and fostering the diverse small business and artisan talent that the LGBTQ2SIA+ community has to offer.
Flamingo Market is a FREE admission market that is an all inclusive, child friendly market. All are welcome to attended!
Come out and have a gay ol' time supporting the local talent that lives within our community!
Our vendor call for September is still open!!
Please visit www.flamingomarketto.com to apply!
OUR FLAMBOYANCE (or FLOCK) OF VENDORS:
***UPDATING WITH NEW VENDORS DAILY***
~ FOOD VENDORS ~
- Baked In A Box - Baked Goods
- Hot Shot Chocolate & Hot Shot Erotic Chocolate - Chocolate
- Ketzele Kitchen - Jams/ Preserves
~ PRODUCT VENDORS ~
- Cat's Art Creations - Accessories/ Sculptures
- Cream Of The Crop Top - Crop Tops - NEW
- Kris Lodu - Tshirts/ Prints - NEW
- Mathis Bailey - Author - NEW
- Monster Cliche - Enamel Pins/ Hand-Painted Pins/ Keychains/ Earrings/ Stickers/ Patches/ Notebooks/ Apparel - NEW
- Nurtured Sew Naturally - Wool Dryer Balls/ Laundry Detergent/ Linen Sprays/ Essential Oils
- pantherdazedesigns - Body Harnesses/ Garters/ Chokers
- Roisin Glass Clothing - Gender Neutral Bomber Jackets - NEW
- Soulfire Sessions - Handcrafted Soy Candles/ Soaps, Tea blends/ Skin Salves/ Herbal Vinegars/ Bath Salts - NEW
- Temper Tantrum - Prints/ Pins/ Patches/ Zines
- Thready To Go - Embroidery
- With Love Compassion Cards - Greeting Cards/ Buttons, Magnets
- Yas Petit Poulet- Pins/ Postcards/ T-shirts
- Yozhik is Blue Illustration & Design - Prints/ Zines/ On-the-spot Commissions (i.e. fantasy portraits)
~ COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS VENDING ~
- Binders OUT Canada -Binders (Pay What You Can!) & Binders OUT Canada Buttons as a Fundraising item
- Feeding Canada/ Founder at Feeding Canada - Feeding Canada swag: Shirts/ Buttons/ Posters, Bags
***UPDATING WITH NEW VENDORS DAILY***
Buddies In Bad Times Theatre is on the traditional lands of the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation, the Haudenosaunee, the Anishnaabe and the Wendat. We acknowledge them and any other Nations who care for the land (acknowledged and unacknowledged, recorded and unrecorded) as the past, present and future caretakers of this land, traditional territory named Tkaronto, “Where The Trees Meet The Water”; “The Gathering Place”. We do not support colonial forces that undermine, distort or erase the vital role of Indigenous people in our world.
Accessibility Note: We're proud to say that part of the reason we were so excited to host our events at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is because their venue is fully accessible, including their gender neutral washrooms!
***As per Buddies In Bad Times Theatre:
Physical Accessibility: Our entrance is accessed by ramp for all patrons. Our washrooms are located on the lower level, which can be reached by attendant-operated elevator*. Some stalls are equipped with bars and provide extra space, though patrons with larger mobility devices may find it a tight fit.
Washrooms: Our washroom facilities are not designated by gender and all patrons are free to use the washroom of their choosing. Both washrooms are equipped with private stalls (including larger stalls that accommodate mobility devices) and communal sinks, one washroom is equipped with urinals that can be used by people of any height.
Service Animals: Accredited service animals are always welcome on our premises. Guide dogs or other service animals, including service animals in training, are allowed to accompany patrons who require them.
* Flamingo Market will have staff on site so elevator is always personed, to reduce potential barriers to accessibility