Fashion Take Action Swap & Social February 8th
DID YOU KNOW THAT 60% OF APPAREL ENDS UP INCINERATED OR IN LANDFILLS WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR OF ITS LIFE? DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT THE AVERAGE NORTH AMERICAN CONTRIBUTES 80 LBS OF TEXTILES TO LANDFILLS EACH YEAR? MORE THAN ANYTIME, WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER TO CLOSE THE LOOP ON FASHION WASTE.
COME JOIN US AT OUR SWAP AND SOCIAL!
Looking to start shopping sustainably but don’t know how? Why not add some new pieces to your wardrobe without breaking the bank? If you have some items in your closet that you’re ready to let go of then you're in luck!
Join us on Thursday February 8th at 192 Spadina Avenue from 5-9pm for our SWAP & SOCIAL. Swap your unwanted items with our community, mingle with like-minded people and have a beverage or two. We will also have some Fashion Takes Action members there selling their beautiful creations! Doors open at 5pm, swap begins at 6pm.
How Does It Work?
1. Find quality and stylish items in your closet that you’re ready to part with. Be sure to check they are in good condition (not stained or torn), washed (no pet hair or odours) and presentable (creases ok, but not completely wrinkled).
2. Clothing drop-off in advance is preferred and they will be on Thursday January 25th at the Centre for Social Innovation Annex on the ground floor (by the cafe) at 720 Bathurst St and on Tuesday February 6th at the Centre for Social Innovation Spadina (215 Spadina Ave. 4th floor).
Drop-offs must be between 10:00am-2:30pm for both days. Please ask for Fashion Takes Action when you arrive. The advantage for those who drop- off in advance is that you will not have to wait in line at the door.
3. Purchase your ticket here on eventbrite ($5 in advance), otherwise it is $10 at the door. No need to print your ticket as we will have a guest list with your name on it.
4. Come to 192 Spadina Ave on Thursday February 8th anytime between 5-9pm ready for a super fun evening!
1. Limit of 20 items max. All un-swapped items will be donated to a charity recycler.
2. Each item of clothing accepted into the swap gets you 1 token to use toward a new-to-you item.
3. Please stick only to clothing, bags, hats, scarves, belts and shoes. We will NOT accept jewellery or hair accessories. Swimwear, yoga/workout wear and lingerie while also NOT accepted into the swap.
4. We will accept your swappable items the day of the event, however you will have to wait in line for us to go through and check all items (in our experience not all items will make it to the swap). To avoid this line, we recommend you drop your items off to us during the provided dates/times.
5. No kids clothing. Only adult sizing. Menswear is welcome!
6. We have the right to refuse any item.
7. All tokens are non refundable! Try and use them all, but you can feel good knowing all leftover items are being recycled.
8. If you run out of tokens you can purchase 2 for $5!
1. Drinks (wine & beer) will be available for $5 each.
2. Change room and mirror will be provided to try on items.
Make sure to invite your friends and family to this FABULOUS event!