ALERT: Please be advised that due to COVID-19 the events section is not currently being maintained. Events listed here are likely rescheduled or canceled and new submissions will not be approved.
Evergreen Brick Works 5th Annual Wild Blueberry Festival
Sponsored by the Wild Blueberry Association of North America (WBANA)
In celebration of August as wild blueberry month and featuring our favourite bright blue berry, Evergreen Brick Works is hosting its 5th Annual Wild Blueberry Festival. From tasting to storytelling, children’s baking workshops to making wild blueberry salsa, enjoy a full day of family activities around this super berry, native to North America.
Taste and purchase wild blueberry products at the Sunday Seasonal Farmers’ Market. Enjoy the WILD inspired BRUNCH and sip Ontario Blueberry Mead, Blueberry wine and other berry-related drinks.
Purchase a ballot to participate in the Wild Blueberry Pie Bake-off! Sample the chefs’ wild creations to help determine two lucky winners of the People’s Choice Award. New this year: try a gluten-free wild blueberry pie.
Win a wild blueberry gift! Walk, bike or take the free shuttle to the Wild Blueberry Festival and be entered to win one of many wild blueberry gifts.
Wednesday, August 20
• Wild blueberry Pizza night with Libretto
Thursday, August 21
• Evergreen Children’s Camp will be making a wild blueberry popsicle
Friday, August 22
• Evergreen Children’s Camp will be making a wild blueberry crumble
Sunday, August 24
• Craft Beer and Cider Garden: sip and savour Ontario’s berry creations
• Taste Education Table: taste and learn about wild and cultivated blueberries
• Adult wild Canning Workshop: join James Partanen, cannery coordinator at the West End Food Co-op, to learn how to make Wild Blueberry Lemon Salsa
• Children’s wild blueberry activities: Chef Donna Dooher, celebrated cookbook author and restaurateur, leads a fun and interactive workshop baking with the wild super fruit
• All day tasty wild blueberry dishes from chef Brad Long at Café Belong
• Live music from Honeyrunners and other special guests
• Garden Market Talks
• WILD Blueberry Pie Bake off
• Children’s activities in Chimney court include storytelling, face painting, and pie in a jar family fun
When: Sunday August 24, 2014 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Where: Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue, Toronto (map)
Why: Celebrate this nutritional powerhouse superberry
• Sample fresh and frozen wild blueberries and wild blueberry treats
• Gain valuable insights into the health and nutritional benefits of wild blueberries
• Complimentary recipes for delicious ways to incorporate wild blueberries into your diet
Join the wild blueberry conversation and stay up to date on all wild blueberry festival-related activities on Twitter: @Wildbberries4U @EvergreenCanada #wildblueberrymonth #wbbfest