ALERT: Please be advised that due to COVID-19 the events section is not currently being maintained. Events listed here are likely rescheduled or canceled and new submissions will not be approved.
Camp Wavelength 2018
SAVE THE DATE!
CAMP WAVELENGTH 2018
August 18-19, 2018
“Fun Finds A Way.”
Fort York National Historic Site: Garrison Common
Toronto’s Dreamiest Music & Arts Festival Relocates to a Parkland Oasis in the City!
For two magical days, Camp Wavelength will summon the spirit of summer camp and take festival-goers on a journey of discovery and escape. For 2018’s festival, Camp Wavelength will move to a new, central, outdoor location - Fort York National Historic Site’s tree-lined green space, Garrison Common. Easily accessible by transit, bicycle or on foot, Camp Wavelength 2018 will be a hidden oasis of creativity and community within the city.
• Camp Wavelength 2018 is a Day Camp only. Mark both August 18 and 19 on your calendar to attend Camp, but plan to sleep in your own bed!
CALL FOR *ART* SUBMISSIONS:
2018 Curatorial Theme: “Fun Finds A Way.” Nature has reclaimed the city. Overgrown buildings, the kids have taken over the camp!
Camp Wavelength is seeking proposals for site-specific pieces from artists working in the following disciplines:
• VISUAL & MEDIA ARTS
• DANCE & PERFORMANCE
• GAMES & ACTIVITIES
• All visual & media arts projects must work outside and during daylight and nighttime hours.
• All Camp Wavelength artists will be paid an honourarium and the cost of materials will be covered.
• Apologies, but due to limited space, we cannot accept submissions from musical artists.
• Vendors, hold tight! We will be issuing a separate Request for Proposals for food & beverage partners and on-site vendors.
Submission Deadline: April 30, 2018
NO SUBMISSION FEE
Link to Submission Form: https://bit.ly/2Gu40WH
*** Please help us make Camp Wavelength a safe space for all. Abusive and oppressive behaviour has no place at our festival. Let’s work together to create an inclusive and respectful environment! ***
Camp Wavelength 2018 is supported by:
Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Ontario Media Development Corporation
Department of Canadian Heritage
The Canada Council for the Arts
Ontario Arts Council
Toronto Arts Council
The SOCAN Foundation
Steam Whistle Brewing