Peek into the library of J.S. Bach, featuring an elegant suite, virtuoso harpsichord concerto, and music by those who inspired him.
Making his Tafelmusik debut this season is harpsichord soloist and director Francesco Corti,
“a powerhouse of unbridled vivacity, exciting and excitable in equal measure” (BBC Music Magazine). Corti leads the orchestra in a fascinating program of music by J. S. Bach and those who inspired him, including Telemann and Zelenka—composers whose manuscripts were found to be part of his personal library.
At the heart of this concert are two works by Bach himself: the elegant Orchestral Suite no 1 in C Major, featuring Tafelmusik’s superb wind players, and the Harpsichord Concerto in D minor, an imposing, exhilarating masterpiece that demands stamina and virtuosity from the soloist.
What to expect from concerts at Jeanne Lamon Hall:
- Courteous and knowledgeable Front of House and Box Office staff to help you along your way
- A digital house program sent one week in advance, plus a concert handout with key details
- A digital pre-concert chat featuring Tafelmusik musicians and guest artists, sent one week in advance so you can watch before your show
- An up-to-date health and safety policy, which you can also find on our website
- A 30 minute intermission with concessions available
- The very best of baroque and beyond in a setting like no other!